Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Wrong place?

No I am actually serious

The forum used to be more active before 4 months . just look at IDEF 2023 , almost just two mentions about them .

in this week I have seen the threads not active for almost 2 days ( talking about the Turkish forum )

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,504
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Because there is not so much to talk about.
Wait for the IDEF2023.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
No I am actually serious

The forum used to be more active before 4 months . just look at IDEF 2023 , almost just two mentions about them .

in this week I have seen the threads not active for almost 2 days ( talking about the Turkish forum )

All the developments and announcements were obviously scrammed in time for the elections.
Going to take a while for new announcements.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
No I am actually serious

People are on holliday(even a couple of staff members) and there is much geopolitics going on,you'll hear/see in the coming days.

Last edited:
E

Era_shield

1688743525364.png

Tuncay

Reactions
3 152
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1688749719999.png

What is the reasoning behind such a small share of GDP allocated for defence ? Is this a joke ? Turkiye has the most active armed forces on this list and is constantly in conflict and has the highest risk of war yet is allocating a lower share of gdp then norway and canada . It is also one of the 3 countries to decrease their defence budget ( in terms of % of GDP) despite increasing global tension. An armed force that already had insufficient funds to procure/upgrade vehicles/ equipment has only just gone and further decreased the budget ...
this has really trigerred me to be honest , any reasoning behind this ? or something that I missed like jandarmas budget being seperate from this ( still not a good enough reason as the armed forces are responsible for the defence of the nation and thus needs a much higer share of GDP, jandarma , as much as they are effective at anti-guerilla operations, are not capable/expected to engage an armed force such as iran or syria).

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,063
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1688749719999.png

What is the reasoning behind such a small share of GDP allocated for defence ? Is this a joke ? Turkiye has the most active armed forces on this list and is constantly in conflict and has the highest risk of war yet is allocating a lower share of gdp then norway and canada . It is also one of the 3 countries to decrease their defence budget ( in terms of % of GDP) despite increasing global tension. An armed force that already had insufficient funds to procure/upgrade vehicles/ equipment has only just gone and further decreased the budget ...
this has really trigerred me to be honest , any reasoning behind this ? or something that I missed like jandarmas budget being seperate from this ( still not a good enough reason as the armed forces are responsible for the defence of the nation and thus needs a much higer share of GDP, jandarma , as much as they are effective at anti-guerilla operations, are not capable/expected to engage an armed force such as iran or syria).
Someone explained that before.

Turkiye had special fund from any way.Etc the SSM and Armed force foundation with didnt count in defence spending

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 464
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most probably there are Crypto Armenians among them. Türkiye has most probably a few millions crypto and Muslim (these two are not the same thing) Armenians, Greeks, Jews and Assyrians

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,631
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most probably there are Crypto Armenians among them. Türkiye has most probably a few millions crypto and Muslim (these two are not the same thing) Armenians, Greeks, Jews and Assyrians
Turkish society is the most psy-op'ed upon society in this world. Gotta fix that.

Fairon

Reactions
6 886
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom