View attachment 69688
@Afif How much of this is just about a reaction against the China-Pakistan axis? And what other factors exist?
Sorry, the question is a bit vague. But I assume you are asking why is it comparatively low in BD and perhaps in India?
I don't think this is a reaction against China-Pakistan axis. I mean, obviously India
hate the axis to the core. However, their public attitude toward US is complex enough in its own right and independent that of PRC-PAK axis.
@Nilgiri could tell better.
As for us, this isn't even a thing as it does not directly relate to us. In fact, we are pretty much in bed with China on our own for years regardless of who is in power. Public opinion overwhelmingly favor our relation with China over India.
When it comes to USA, it does enjoy a good image in BD. Specially, recently it improved quite a bit after US started to take some action against current undemocratic regime. But in principle, I think BD and South East Asians Muslims has relatively more favorable view of US and the West in general. (Compared to how people see the West in ME and Afghanistan/Pakistan for obvious reasons)
However, the actual reason (I can bet) vast majority adults responders (if chosen randomly) in BD or India didn't view US negatively is because chances are, they refrained from commenting. As they simply don't know a thing about US democratic system to even make a vague observation. Thus they had no actual answer.
And frankly this is the problem I have with this type of polls, you can't just put BD, India with the likes of ROK, Singapore and Japan. Those are some of the most developed countries in the world. Even though average folks there may not care about what's going on in US, they are overall educated, connected and informed enough to make a general comment. This type of Polling works relatively reliablely in developed countries. Not so much in underdeveloped countries. Where it is more likely people will say something for the sake of saying something without having a zero clue.