Committed member
Reactions
1 516
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

nothing else to say....
just look at all the countries and leaders who will be happy when kılıçdaroğlu wins.....
same happened to ekrem imamoğlu....just ask anyone living here in istanbul how it's going here...çok güzel boktan oldu
and i repeat: when did lavun faresi and his party every did something good for his people and our vatan? except for heykel dikmek?
i hate political threads
The ones you accuse of heykel dikmek founded this country while your hodjas were beheading soldiers

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,779
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very small margins will decide the outcome of the election. I am not sure who will win, but RTE has started to gain momentum again.

My wish is that whoever wins, it should be a clear election result, meaning that the president should be above 51-52. The waters are boiling in our east, west and south. Many sections are making their calculations based on a chaos in Turkiye. If Turkiye is paralyzed, the vultures will go hunting.
If Erdogan wins with a small margin, he will declare the victory and no one can do anything about it. If KK wins with a small margin, Erdogan would discard the result and push for elections again and lose miserably this time(like in Istanbul Mayoral Election). Whoever wins this elections, even with very slim margins, wins it in the end, imo.

The important thing is the election safety. All casting ballots should be protected(post-counting) and never be let out of sight until the results are clear. Numbers should add up. Political parties should keep the score themselves and cross-check with the official score.

Also, I expect a surprise move from Muharrem Ince few days before the elections. If he is certain that he has no chance of going to the second rounds, he might reconsider and withdraw. This seems highly unlikely as of now but you never know. It's politics.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,637
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
If Erdogan wins with a small margin, he will declare the victory and no one can do anything about it. If KK wins with a small margin, Erdogan would discard the result and push for elections again and lose miserably this time(like in Istanbul Mayoral Election). Whoever wins this elections, even with very slim margins, wins it in the end, imo.

Important thing is election safety. All casting ballots should be protected(post-counting) and never be let out of sight until the results are clear. Numbers should add up. Political parties should keep the score themselves and cross-check with the official score.

Also, I expect a surprise move from Muharrem Ince few days before the elections. If he is certain that he has no chance of going to the second rounds, he might reconsider and withdraw. This seems highly unlikely as of now but you never know. It's politics.

How will you protect the ballot from the government ?

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,779
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Like this

chp2-1_16_9_1554124246.jpg

S

-Sinan-

Bullshit. The West thinks attacking Turkey's economy will bring about Erdogan's demise. They failed via the coup. Now they are trying this. If they fail, maybe the next is to instigate a color revolution or something. My prayers are for Erdogan. And Insha Allah, he will be successful.
Nobody believes in thes conspiracy theories. Inflation is caused by bad economy management nothing more. You can only fool uneducated, less intelligent and old AKP voters with this. Which is like %1-2.

On my way home from work today, I bought onions for 15 liras at a chain market on the Asian side of Istanbul. ( Salkım tomatoes is 15 liras, potatoes 10 liras. Lemon is 10 liras. Hayvani inflation in capia pepper continues, it was 60 liras, so I didnt buy it.) Outside of Istanbul it is probably in the range of 10-12. I think there is no way it can be 30 liras in the bazaar. I wonder which bazaar it really is. Under normal conditions, even 15 lira onion is a reasonable reason for the government to change. I'm not arguing that, but this label seems to me to be exaggerated.
I bought it for 20 liras, at past week. So, it could be for 30 liras in Istanbul. Does it really matter that it's 30 or 20 or 15? It should have been 1-2 liras and it's not only not only limited with onions. Every thing is super expensive. YOu want to buy a shoe and it's going between 1000-2000 liras.

Those euro earning AKP guys are happy of course.

Scientists from Konya have invented the Nano digital voter ballot and will be able to make changes on the ballot after 17:00.

This guy is the A Haber of CHP. This guy needs to be kept in check after the election.

I would like to ask Turkish members here which polling website portrays the most reliable data for the upcoming elections
None. But looking at the overall, it can give you a general idea.

Opposition is leading, Moral of the opposition in better than AKP, Unlike AKP who can't organize meetings for elections, they do. Mega projects of the AKP is not making a difference as i said before, nobody would care about them when they can't buy food for their children.

Erdo is closing the gap it will be razor edge.
Wide is deeping not closing.

Bozan said:
It is very easy actualy.

At every ballot box there are members of opposition. So, they count all the votes and sign a "tutanak"

For example;

640xauto.jpg

After that, opposition member of that ballot, tooks the pic of this report and sends the pic to opposition head quarters. Where they enter it to system. Via this system opposition knows before YSK the number of votes even before the YSK and it can control the decleared results of YSK.

With this system AKP couldn't steal any votes and lost the mayoral elections.

Last edited by a moderator:

ADMusa

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nigeria
Nation of origin
Nigeria
Nobody believes in thes conspiracy theories. Inflation is caused by bad economy management nothing more. You can only fool uneducated, less intelligent and old AKP voters with this. Which is like %1-2.
There's no conspiracy theory here. If you do not have the mental capacity to analyze events in the Muslim world, that doesn't mean others who have are conspiracy theorists. The trend of America secretly attacking the currencies of unfriendly nations/regimes is visible to anyone who observes carefully. Erdogan literally pulled Turkey out of economic backwardness. He ruled well for many years, which is why he won every single election. All of a sudden, this competent leader starts to mismanage the economy out of ......... incompetence? Surprisingly, this happened at a time the U.S. is openly calling for the opposition to unite with the one goal of ousting Erdogan, tried to overthrow him in a coup, placed sanctions on Turkey, pushed for undeclared Western arms embargoes, inspired the GCC to boycottt Turkey economically, devalue the Turkish lira, bombard the Turkish public with foreign propaganda, etc. The Western propaganda machine does all it can to dissuade businesses from investing in Turkey, tourists from visiting, and generally tries to portray the country as unsafe for anything.

I could give you very expansive details on how the U.S. is trying to destroy Turkey's economy. I'm surprised the economy didn't totally collapse because the attack is massive. You think by branding these facts as conspiracies you will convince people? Over 80% of Turks view America as a major threat to Turkey for a reason.

ADMusa

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nigeria
Nation of origin
Nigeria
Maybe he didn't performed wonderfully as you think and this is the end result.

You have to build your economy within consideration of outside attack if you are claiming to be a world leader.
With Allah's help, Erdogan actually shielded Turkey from the massive economic attack unleashed by the U.S. and western world. It would have been worse had he not been at the helm. But obviously, he's gradually, but surely steering Turkey out of the difficulties created by Western attacks. It is the West's last chance to regain their grip on Turkey. If Erdogan wins, it's over for them.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,637
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
With Allah's help, Erdogan actually shielded Turkey from the massive economic attack unleashed by the U.S. and western world. It would have been worse had he not been at the helm. But obviously, he's gradually, but surely steering Turkey out of the difficulties created by Western attacks. It is the West's last chance to regain their grip on Turkey. If Erdogan wins, it's over for them.

How do you feel about Erdogan helping Iran avoid sanctions or improving trade relations with Israel ? Was that Allah's help as well

What about when he said Arabs belong in a desert?

S

-Sinan-

There's no conspiracy theory here. If you do not have the mental capacity to analyze events in the Muslim world, that doesn't mean others who have are conspiracy theorists. The trend of America secretly attacking the currencies of unfriendly nations/regimes is visible to anyone who observes carefully. Erdogan literally pulled Turkey out of economic backwardness. He ruled well for many years, which is why he won every single election. All of a sudden, this competent leader starts to mismanage the economy out of ......... incompetence? Surprisingly, this happened at a time the U.S. is openly calling for the opposition to unite with the one goal of ousting Erdogan, tried to overthrow him in a coup, placed sanctions on Turkey, pushed for undeclared Western arms embargoes, inspired the GCC to boycottt Turkey economically, devalue the Turkish lira, bombard the Turkish public with foreign propaganda, etc. The Western propaganda machine does all it can to dissuade businesses from investing in Turkey, tourists from visiting, and generally tries to portray the country as unsafe for anything.

I could give you very expansive details on how the U.S. is trying to destroy Turkey's economy. I'm surprised the economy didn't totally collapse because the attack is massive. You think by branding these facts as conspiracies you will convince people? Over 80% of Turks view America as a major threat to Turkey for a reason.
Didn't read after first sentence, you are wasting your time. You can't fool anyone here with youtr fantasies.

A Nigerian trying to teach me about my county, what else are we going to see?

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm gonna defend our Nigerian friend a bit here and then draw different conclusions. The west is not happy with Erdogan, you can see this in the way they ordered their lackeys in the Gulen movement to attack them when Erdogan didn't back off from helping Iran circumvent sanctions (along with a slew of other reasons which convinced Washington Erdogan is no longer a good boy), first a la Lula in 2013 corruption scandal, second a la Maduro in 2016 coup attempt. But would the Empire stop at that? No, they have infinite resources and practically think they're infallible. So slowly but surely you bring up the heat by giving the hint to rating agencies to start downgrading the country's debt rating and then you bring in money to short the currency in Forex; anybody looking from afar will see this and gander a guess that a crisis is brewing and take their money out and it doesn't help when you have a government which is through no good of its own, riddled with mismanagement and corruption reinforcing the already bad situation. This has happened to many geopolitical naughty boys and the consistent response by these nations has been to get into paranoia mode and start seeing ghosts even where there is none, jailing any naysayers suspecting them of having foreign overlords, starting to doubt orthodox economic policies and policy recommendation by big firms and hedge funds. This "everybody is out there to get me" attitude then leads to even more instability and chaos.

Now, rational actors can foresee certain responses to geopolitical actions they take against the Empire and can ameliorate them through a series of prophylactic actions a la Russia in the 7 years leading up to the war, or China after the 1999 bombing of their embassy in Belgrade, or leading up to the 2021 Huawei ban. Irrational actors cannot foresee anything and get tangled up more in their own mess than whatever net the Empire was trying to cast. The economic woes of Turkey are mainly due to this and other fundamental problems created by AKP governemnt even before the 2013 falling out with the U.S.

U.S. was obviously hoping for a currency crash for Russia in the aftermath of sanctions, which happened in the short-term, then only to recover to all-time highs later. This doesn't mean the sanctions didn't work, but they worked much less than expected and much slower. And more importantly they were literal sanctions, something U.S. never enacted against Turkey because there was no adequate rationalization for it.

So yes, U.S. has tried to mess with Erdogan and his regime through economic manipulation. But no, Turkey's economic woes are not due to this, or not at least as a main factor. If you borrow credit with 10% from shady actors instead of 3% from IMF or other major banks, because you cannot get yourself to be transparent about how you're gonna spend it or enact anti-laundry laws as a guarantee, that's not on U.S. When you put the most incompetent people in charge of the economy and then ignore even those incompetent people to enact heterodox policies and economic trial and error in times of turmoil, that's just on you. AKP was lucky to come to power during 2000-2008 when excess money in the first world was so much that they were just searching for places to put their excess money to and Turkey became one destination due to Erdogan being enough of a good boy to help as much as it could with the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and chastise those in parliament who voted against it, and not bring up Eastern Mediterranean against EU claims, and jail whoever did in Ergenekon and Balyoz. This flood of investment then was put into some of the worst places you could imagine but it was so much that it still lead to an increase in prosperity and infrastructure projects as there was still enough legal trust in the Turkish jurisprudence due to AKP-Gulen alliance being promoted as a reformist brand of Islam that was democratic, unlike that other icky kind of terrorists which U.S. and the west had nothing to do with (wink wink). After that money dried up since 2008/09 financial crisis, since then Turkey's problems have been apparent to anyone who has been looking. The share of value added content in Turkey's exports is like 3.5%; the lowly neighbor Greece is 11%. Turkey has one of the highest brain drain rates in the world. Some of the lowest papers published per university among OECD nations. And there has been minimal effort to specialize universities based on local industry and link factories and faculties. None of these structural problems were brought upon Turkey in smoke-filled rooms in Washington.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,333
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would like to know people's thoughts about this video; some says it is amazing while others are criticising him for creating Lebanon 2.0
Sadly, there is no in-translation feature for videos on twitter so I cant judge tbh

Ismet Inonu came from Kurdish Origins and Turgut Ozal was Kurdish.

Some may hate Kilictaroglu because his Alevi but a lot of people dislike him because his a loser and a useful idiot for Erdogan who lost to him so many times.

This election could go to the wire but why? Decades have passed and its Erdogan vs Kilictaroglu again!!

Time for them to retire.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Some may hate Kilictaroglu because his Alevi but a lot of people dislike him because his a loser and a useful idiot for Erdogan who lost to him so many times.

This election could go to the wire but why? Decades have passed and its Erdogan vs Kilictaroglu again!!

Time for them to retire.
Personally in an ideal situation, I'd say that I'd question the sanity of whoever votes for anyone but Oğan in this election, but seems like I'd have to question sanity of 95% of people. I don't fault them: when people look for alternatives in desperate times, they look to electability and now KK seems to have the most votes so people throw in their lots with him from a pragmatic perspective. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't situation since one of them (RTE or KK) is going to win either way, and they are exploiting this situation by adopting a maximalist attitude from their alliance's perspective since they know people will not have a choice.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,637
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Personally in an ideal situation, I'd say that I'd question the sanity of whoever votes for anyone but Oğan in this election, but seems like I'd have to question sanity of 95% of people. I don't fault them: when people look for alternatives in desperate times, they look to electability and now KK seems to have the most votes so people throw in their lots with him from a pragmatic perspective. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't situation since one of them (RTE or KK) is going to win either way, and they are exploiting this situation by adopting a maximalist attitude from their alliance's perspective since they know people will not have a choice.

Ogan is useless to vote for, when Meral was collecting signatures in 2018 she got 100,000 in four hours. Ogan took days! A vote for Ogan is a risk of Erdogan winning

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ogan is useless to vote for, when Meral was collecting signatures in 2018 she got 100,000 in four hours. Ogan took days! A vote for Ogan is a risk of Erdogan winning
I understand that. The election will go to the second round and neither İnce nor Oğan can win. When in politics someone cannot win, their participation has other motives, no matter what they claim. Oğan's motives are crystal clear, he wants to take the helm from Bahçeli and a good percentage of votes will boost his standing and prestige when MHP inadvertently leaves the alliance at some point in the future and looks for a new leader. İnce's motives are rather mysterious to me at least. He maybe trying to take revenge from KK, or maybe boost his party's standing to join the Nation alliance with a fuller hand. I think it's a stupid gamble for him, as he will be erased from politics in case of an Erdoğan victory. So with a second round inevitable, I plan to vote for Oğan to help him with his project. It would be ideal if more people did so, or something miraculous happened on the campaign trail and boosted his popularity so much so that maybe he could become more electable in the eyes of the electorate; but the fact of the matter is that the opposition is barely winning even with the help of HDP, so I don't see a path forward for him realistically anyway even if he got close to KK.

The most strategic thing one can do to improve the country in this election is actually not a presidential election vote but a parliamentary one. The nation alliance will be a tug of war. To limit the influence of undesirable elements of that alliance I'd strongly advise people to vote İYİ. Even if you do not support the nation alliance, you'd do your country a favor by giving more strength to İYİ party inside that alliance.

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I'm gonna defend our Nigerian friend a bit here and then draw different conclusions. The west is not happy with Erdogan, you can see this in the way they ordered their lackeys in the Gulen movement to attack them when Erdogan didn't back off from helping Iran circumvent sanctions (along with a slew of other reasons which convinced Washington Erdogan is no longer a good boy), first a la Lula in 2013 corruption scandal, second a la Maduro in 2016 coup attempt. But would the Empire stop at that? No, they have infinite resources and practically think they're infallible. So slowly but surely you bring up the heat by giving the hint to rating agencies to start downgrading the country's debt rating and then you bring in money to short the currency in Forex; anybody looking from afar will see this and gander a guess that a crisis is brewing and take their money out and it doesn't help when you have a government which is through no good of its own, riddled with mismanagement and corruption reinforcing the already bad situation. This has happened to many geopolitical naughty boys and the consistent response by these nations has been to get into paranoia mode and start seeing ghosts even where there is none, jailing any naysayers suspecting them of having foreign overlords, starting to doubt orthodox economic policies and policy recommendation by big firms and hedge funds. This "everybody is out there to get me" attitude then leads to even more instability and chaos.

Now, rational actors can foresee certain responses to geopolitical actions they take against the Empire and can ameliorate them through a series of prophylactic actions a la Russia in the 7 years leading up to the war, or China after the 1999 bombing of their embassy in Belgrade, or leading up to the 2021 Huawei ban. Irrational actors cannot foresee anything and get tangled up more in their own mess than whatever net the Empire was trying to cast. The economic woes of Turkey are mainly due to this and other fundamental problems created by AKP governemnt even before the 2013 falling out with the U.S.

U.S. was obviously hoping for a currency crash for Russia in the aftermath of sanctions, which happened in the short-term, then only to recover to all-time highs later. This doesn't mean the sanctions didn't work, but they worked much less than expected and much slower. And more importantly they were literal sanctions, something U.S. never enacted against Turkey because there was no adequate rationalization for it.

So yes, U.S. has tried to mess with Erdogan and his regime through economic manipulation. But no, Turkey's economic woes are not due to this, or not at least as a main factor. If you borrow credit with 10% from shady actors instead of 3% from IMF or other major banks, because you cannot get yourself to be transparent about how you're gonna spend it or enact anti-laundry laws as a guarantee, that's not on U.S. When you put the most incompetent people in charge of the economy and then ignore even those incompetent people to enact heterodox policies and economic trial and error in times of turmoil, that's just on you. AKP was lucky to come to power during 2000-2008 when excess money in the first world was so much that they were just searching for places to put their excess money to and Turkey became one destination due to Erdogan being enough of a good boy to help as much as it could with the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions and chastise those in parliament who voted against it, and not bring up Eastern Mediterranean against EU claims, and jail whoever did in Ergenekon and Balyoz. This flood of investment then was put into some of the worst places you could imagine but it was so much that it still lead to an increase in prosperity and infrastructure projects as there was still enough legal trust in the Turkish jurisprudence due to AKP-Gulen alliance being promoted as a reformist brand of Islam that was democratic, unlike that other icky kind of terrorists which U.S. and the west had nothing to do with (wink wink). After that money dried up since 2008/09 financial crisis, since then Turkey's problems have been apparent to anyone who has been looking. The share of value added content in Turkey's exports is like 3.5%; the lowly neighbor Greece is 11%. Turkey has one of the highest brain drain rates in the world. Some of the lowest papers published per university among OECD nations. And there has been minimal effort to specialize universities based on local industry and link factories and faculties. None of these structural problems were brought upon Turkey in smoke-filled rooms in Washington.
A more accurate, more inclusive, and more rational perspective that explains most things.👍

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Time for them to retire.
No, neither İnönü nor Özal were Kurdish. Today, you have to accept that the PKK terrorist organization had to express themselves as Kurds at gunpoint. In this region, there is no other race other than Turks, Arabs, Persians and Armenians. There is no race called 'Kurd', which the English brought out for use from those who are a mixture of these. It is useless to comment on this issue without knowing the games played by the British in the Arabian Peninsula and the Far East in the 19th and 20th centuries. At the end of the tutelage period, they began to reveal the fact that even the history of the 20th century mother tongue republic was written incorrectly by an Armenian and taught in schools. It is enough to read the book series "Shame on history that lies", which most people do not know, which has been tried many times and has been acquitted because of its evidence.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, neither İnönü nor Özal were Kurdish. Today, you have to accept that the PKK terrorist organization had to express themselves as Kurds at gunpoint. In this region, there is no other race other than Turks, Arabs, Persians and Armenians. There is no race called 'Kurd', which the English brought out for use from those who are a mixture of these. It is useless to comment on this issue without knowing the games played by the British in the Arabian Peninsula and the Far East in the 19th and 20th centuries. At the end of the tutelage period, they began to reveal the fact that even the history of the 20th century mother tongue republic was written incorrectly by an Armenian and taught in schools. It is enough to read the book series "Shame on history that lies", which most people do not know, which has been tried many times and has been acquitted because of its evidence.

I believe Kurds are Iranic Nomads. Hence why Kurds and Persians seem to understand each other.

Persians represent Urban iranic peoples while Kurds are Nomadic or Semi Nomadic Iranic peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom