5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
gEHAcr.jpg

ybHBVw.jpg

lY79Lb.jpg

Btw , I still see Syrian lovers and lickers on every platform. We don't want any Syrians in the country. We don't care which side they are from, which shitty sect they belong to or whether they are opposition or not.

This has nothing to do with racism. We did not find this country on the road, we made it our homeland. It was watered with the blood of our grandfathers, martyrs and veterans. They cannot come as guests from another country and claim this place as their own, cause trouble, engage in voyeurism, gangsterism and theft.

They should take their lovers in Turkiye with them when they leave. We will get rid of this mentality that was brought in the time of Yavuz Sultan Selim.

Let them take refuge in Iraq, Arabia, Jordan, UAE, Egypt, Qatar, Palestine, etc. They love each other too much anyway.
in time of disasater
gEHAcr.jpg

ybHBVw.jpg

lY79Lb.jpg

Btw , I still see Syrian lovers and lickers on every platform. We don't want any Syrians in the country. We don't care which side they are from, which shitty sect they belong to or whether they are opposition or not.

This has nothing to do with racism. We did not find this country on the road, we made it our homeland. It was watered with the blood of our grandfathers, martyrs and veterans. They cannot come as guests from another country and claim this place as their own, cause trouble, engage in voyeurism, gangsterism and theft.

They should take their lovers in Turkiye with them when they leave. We will get rid of this mentality that was brought in the time of Yavuz Sultan Selim.

Let them take refuge in Iraq, Arabia, Jordan, UAE, Egypt, Qatar, Palestine, etc. They love each other too much anyway.
in time of disaster yet you cherished playing racist.
Personally,I'm sick and tired of reading your post.
Maybe you should just post in Turkish only forum.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,821
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Criticism is sometimes overdone. Now, first of all, let's accept this: Earthquakes in our country are deadly earthquakes because they occur close to the surface and there are crowded settlements around the fault lines. Likewise, the accelerations measured in the last earthquakes were at values far exceeding the specifications such as 1.3 G - 2 G. Moreover, there was a 7.5 magnitude earthquake in the same place one after the other. These were the misfortunes that happened, that's part of the Divine Decision. Let's focus on the things we can fix. Let me take a broader view.

When I look at the big picture, I see a huge inefficiency for the construction industry. We say control, it's good, but the number of people to be controled in the current system is more than it should be. The man was uneducated, "I become a construction master instead of being unemployed." He said, and we gave this unqualified person a vital responsibility, such as pouring concrete or connecting columns. What happens if you supervise such people, what happens if you do not! We shouldn't have to control this type of unskilled workforce. Therefore, we need to change our construction technology very urgently. We have to switch to an automation-based system, which is based on assembling ready-made parts like Lego and does not require unskilled people much.

I will give an example from our defense industry. I will talk about pistols, there is no need to go from complex weapons. Do we have guns produced by every workshop owner? We're not producing, are we? Because it's a weapon after all, and it's no joke. The number of manufacturers from the private sector producing pistols in the country is only 3 that I know of. Moreover, those manufacturers use the highest quality raw materials with state-of-the-art CNC devices. So they invested in automation. Well, why very big is the number of people who produce our houses where we spend our whole lives and to which we entrust not only ourselves, but also our entire family's lives? Their production is not carried out with such automation at all. Are earthquakes a joke!?

The contractors were especially cherished by the populist right-wing governments (AKP, DYP, ANAP etc.) Even politics was financed through them. When the construction industry goes through a transformation as I said, we will see big changes in 3 main issues. a) Construction costs will decrease over time. b) The number of contractors will decrease rapidly. Except for the big companies, they will be excluded from the sector. c) Since it will no longer provide employment for the unskilled labor force, the financing of politics will not go through the contractors. Reforms on the horizon regarding the financing of politics will also be facilitated in this way.

Politics, meaning this case, the state cannot properly control the one who finances it! We must first liberate politics. The way to do this is to make the construction industry more efficient. The construction sector will no longer be employment-oriented and will be based on automation. If 3 pistol manufacturers are sufficient for the country, then 3-5 big construction companies will meet our needs.
Well said. But low built bungalow type houses would probably have higher chance of surviving than apartment types. Even if the construction doesn’t live up to earthquake proof techniques.

Government should begin by forbidding any construction higher than bungalow types by contractors etc. And put up insane requirements for any construction on 3 store/floor buildings and impossible requirement for anything above 3.

but to be honest with the catastrophe at hand they will need to build housing fast, and bungalow type with 1-2 floors to house families. No TOKI apartment complex please

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,479
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well said. But low built bungalow type houses would probably have higher chance of surviving than apartment types. Even if the construction doesn’t live up to earthquake proof techniques.

Government should begin by forbidding any construction higher than bungalow types by contractors etc. And put up insane requirements for any construction on 3 store/floor buildings and impossible requirement for anything above 3.

but to be honest with the catastrophe at hand they will need to build housing fast, and bungalow type with 1-2 floors to house families. No TOKI apartment complex please

Building timber apartments could solve some of those problems as wood is more elastic and resistant to shock and loads rather than concrete.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
23 9,819
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
In implementation of the royal directives of His Highness, the Emir of the country, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, may God protect and preserve him The relief air bridge continues, as Air Force planes took off this morning carrying relief materials and medical kits for those affected by the earthquake in the friendly Republic of Turkey.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkiye is a large country, yes, but the usable land in Turkey is not as much as one might think. Mountainous and rocky lands remain from agricultural lands and lands that must be separated into forests. In mountainous and rocky terrains, it is very difficult and expensive to establish a properly functioning transport infrastructure. For this reason, high-rise buildings are a necessity, just like in Japan and many other parts of the world. The 1-2 floor bungalow idea does not work.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,649
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

You can't build 4-5 story buildings out of wood. Cities always have a structure with large-scale structuring. You cannot accommodate millions of people in bungalow type 2-storey houses. The way to build a stronger house may be through houses built with steel construction. However, no matter what, you cannot spread a cost-effective solution to the general public. In addition to their life safety, people will look at the cost of the land, the cost of construction materials, and the labor cost of that house. They will even want all of these to be close to the city centre.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,897
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Criticism is sometimes overdone. Now, first of all, let's accept this: Earthquakes in our country are deadly earthquakes because they occur close to the surface and there are crowded settlements around the fault lines. Likewise, the accelerations measured in the last earthquakes were at values far exceeding the specifications such as 1.3 G - 2 G. Moreover, there was a 7.5 magnitude earthquake in the same place one after the other. These were the misfortunes that happened, that's part of the Divine Decision. Let's focus on the things we can fix. Let me take a broader view.

When I look at the big picture, I see a huge inefficiency for the construction industry. We say control, it's good, but the number of people to be controled in the current system is more than it should be. The man was uneducated, "I become a construction master instead of being unemployed." He said, and we gave this unqualified person a vital responsibility, such as pouring concrete or connecting columns. What happens if you supervise such people, what happens if you do not! We shouldn't have to control this type of unskilled workforce. Therefore, we need to change our construction technology very urgently. We have to switch to an automation-based system, which is based on assembling ready-made parts like Lego and does not require unskilled people much.

I will give an example from our defense industry. I will talk about pistols, there is no need to go from complex weapons. Do we have guns produced by every workshop owner? No! Because it's a weapon after all, and it's no joke. The number of manufacturers from the private sector producing pistols in the country is only 4 that I know of. Moreover, those manufacturers use the highest quality raw materials with state-of-the-art CNC devices. So they invested in automation. Well, why very big is the number of people who produce our houses where we spend our whole lives and to which we entrust not only ourselves, but also our entire family's lives? Their production is not carried out with such automation at all. Are earthquakes a joke!?

The contractors were especially cherished by the populist right-wing governments (AKP, DYP, ANAP etc.) Even politics was financed through them. When the construction industry goes through a transformation as I said, we will see big changes in 3 main issues. a) Construction costs will decrease over time. b) The number of contractors will decrease rapidly. Except for the big companies, they will be excluded from the sector. c) Since it will no longer provide employment for the unskilled labor force, the financing of politics will not go through the contractors. Reforms on the horizon regarding the financing of politics will also be facilitated in this way.

Politics, meaning this case, the state cannot properly control the one who finances it! We must first liberate politics. The way to do this is to make the construction industry more efficient. The construction sector will no longer be employment-oriented and will be based on automation. If only 4 pistol manufacturers are sufficient for the country, then 5-10 big construction companies will meet our needs.
I agree that politics and construction industry should separate.
But most importantly, strict legislation on where to build and how to build, and what to build must be written like scripts carved on a stone and should be audited and checked with very strict guidelines.
I still think that for residential properties 2-3 storey limits or individual cheap prefabricated housing is possible.
Our desire to be close to main streets and centre of towns together with the cost involved to bring local amenities like water, electricity and gas to suburbs has been the stumbling block of investing in single housing. Added to this the greed to earn maximum profit from prime land acreage has pushed unscrupulous builders and everyone else who had land, in to investing in high rise apartments. This has to stop.
This is now beyond politics and beyond potential votes. This is to do with people‘s lives.
No matter how bitter the recipe is, any government that doesn’t implement it, should not be allowed to stay in power. Governments are there to protect people. Parliamentarians are elected to serve people. If they are not enforcing these laws and legislations, then they have no place in occupying those positions.

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Damn that is scary
This earthquaoe is truly unprecedented. It actually changed Turkey's geography
I wonder what would have happened to a building if it was located in this area? Regardless of the degree of resistance that the building was made of, the building would be bloody destroyed
Sadly, this is the reality of Turkey's earthquake; 7.8 Magnitude earthquakes are no joke

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I agree that politics and construction industry should separate.
But most importantly, strict legislation on where to build and how to build, and what to build must be written like scripts carved on a stone and should be audited and checked with very strict guidelines.
I still think that for residential properties 2-3 storey limits or individual cheap prefabricated housing is possible.
Our desire to be close to main streets and centre of towns together with the cost involved to bring local amenities like water, electricity and gas to suburbs has been the stumbling block of investing in single housing. Added to this the greed to earn maximum profit from prime land acreage has pushed unscrupulous builders and everyone else who had land, in to investing in high rise apartments. This has to stop.
This is now beyond politics and beyond potential votes. This is to do with people‘s lives.
No matter how bitter the recipe is, any government that doesn’t implement it, should not be allowed to stay in power. Governments are there to protect people. Parliamentarians are elected to serve people. If they are not enforcing these laws and legislations, then they have no place in occupying those positions.
Accusing investors of greed does not work. Besides, as I said before, usable lands are not much in Turkiye, if we are not going to open agricultural lands and forests for development! Under the name of "Hobby Garden", valuable agricultural lands are open being construction, for example, and the ministry of agriculture is sleeping!

High-rise buildings and the industrialized and robotized construction industry are our only way out, whether we like it or not. Yes, we will have very boring and tall buildings. Yes, many unskilled people will be unemployed.

But at least we'll be able to live in cheap and solid houses. We will not fight for transportation. And the political class will be able to take the right decisions and have them implemented, as there is no contractor class left to pay their debts.

RTE did not want to reform to separate the financing of politics from the construction sector, but the point reached is imposing this on Turkiye. A commander-in-chief who suffered 100,000 or more casualties and was defeated on the battlefield in any country cannot maintain his position. The last earthquake is a kind of war defeat for Turkiye. Responsible is RTE as the commander-in chef. And he will lose his position.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Malaysia has decided to send military personnel and set
up military field hospital in disaster area in turkiye.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Malaysia has decided to send military personnel and set
up military field hospital in disaster area in turkiye.
Sorry that was 2 days ago and already arrived in turkiye.
Now they send another military medical team today

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I will give an example from our defense industry. I will talk about pistols, there is no need to go from complex weapons. Do we have guns produced by every workshop owner? No! Because it's a weapon after all, and it's no joke. The number of manufacturers from the private sector producing pistols in the country is only 4 that I know of. Moreover, those manufacturers use the highest quality raw materials with state-of-the-art CNC devices. So they invested in automation. Well, why very big is the number of people who produce our houses where we spend our whole lives and to which we entrust not only ourselves, but also our entire family's lives? Their production is not carried out with such automation at all. Are earthquakes a joke!?

Politics, meaning this case, the state cannot properly control the one who finances it! We must first liberate politics. The way to do this is to make the construction industry more efficient. The construction sector will no longer be employment-oriented and will be based on automation. If only 4 pistol manufacturers are sufficient for the country, then 5-10 big construction companies will meet our needs.

There are 7 pistol makers in Türkiye

CANİK
SARSILMAZ
STOEGER
TİSAŞ
YAVUZ (Girsan)
SYSTEM DEFENCE (new company)
BURGU METAL (new company)

TOKİ as a government organization outsources the building of houses to private contractors without giving them financial burden. So the contractor has no way of stealing from materials or workmanship AFAIK.

But relying solely on TOKİ will pretty much make housing tasteless so probably they should be limited to affordable housing alone. For premium housing we still need to rely on private contractors. Rich people will be more diligent in inspecting the house they are buying.

In recent years tighter measures are already taken to limit the contracting business to both technically and financially capable contractors and a lot of the old school contractors have been eliminated. Which is also one of the reason for housing shortage in big cities like Istanbul.

Outright criminals who cut off some of the columns to make the main floor more attractive to shops after the building has been built have no way to get out of responsibility as what they do is openly a crime. This kind of buildings have to be inspected and eliminated by local authorities and must also be reported by dwellers.

Probably a good solution to safe and affordable housing is to expand the cities outward and building low rise buildings rather than high rise. On the flip side the 510 years of seismic stress in the earthquake hit area has been relieved which means chances of a major earthquake is lesser now.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I disagree. TOKI houses and a lot of buildings withstood the impact. Building earthquake-proof buildings are not difficult with the resources at our disposal.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,408
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Do we have any estimates on how many people are missing under the rubble?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,408
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco

None of the houses built by TOKİ in the earthquake zone were destroyed.

▪️Malatya: 20,605
▪️Osmaniye: 3.323
▪️Şanlıurfa: 17,261
▪️Diyarbakır: 20.912
▪️Gaziantep: 27,947
▪️Kahramanmaraş: 5.545
▪️Adıyaman: 7.065
▪️Adana: 21.154
▪️Kilis: 1.929
▪️Hatay: 8.018

TOTAL: 133,759
TOKİ generally uses a tunnel formwork system. The walls are load-bearing unlike the column system common in Turkey. Coatings are better connected to each other.

TOKI.png

Top Bottom