Arab Moderator
Algeria Moderator
Reactions
7 2,921
Nation of residence
Algeria
Nation of origin
Algeria
After five continuous days of search and rescue operations for the victims trapped under the rubble in Turkey. ✅ The Algerian rescue team in Turkey continues to maintain the first place, according to the statistics of the field operations coordination and management platform of the International Consultative Group for Search and Rescue, in terms of the number of people who were found, with a total of 86 people from under the rubble, as well as in terms of the number of people rescued alive by 12 Person in all the processes going on so far.

329958194_585044056481696_6835733799087050750_n.jpg

329583301_972223023767110_9081492007717399521_n.jpg
330308271_646935954103768_6993989212626308501_n.jpg

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

None of the houses built by TOKİ in the earthquake zone were destroyed.

▪️Malatya: 20,605
▪️Osmaniye: 3.323
▪️Şanlıurfa: 17,261
▪️Diyarbakır: 20.912
▪️Gaziantep: 27,947
▪️Kahramanmaraş: 5.545
▪️Adıyaman: 7.065
▪️Adana: 21.154
▪️Kilis: 1.929
▪️Hatay: 8.018

TOTAL: 133,759
Its very possible to build building that can withstand earthquakes up to 8, there is never 100% sucess rate but the casualties would have been m7ch less, i dobt know why we are still dicussing the issue

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 978
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
LrRvc_1676129081_2487.jpg

City of Adana, the contractor of the only building that collapsed in the Güzelyalı Neighborhood of the Borough of Çukurova has fled to Cyprus.

I understand that around Earthquake zone 50km the 7.8 and + aftershock 7.7 are too much for every type of building and can collspse but Those building 150-200 km far , i dont undertand ! State should act and put in prison those who build those building and collspse 200 km far from center of earthquake .
I dont know exactly how powerful was the quake in Adana or Diyarbakir but for sure is alot more less powerful than in its Center of Maraş.
The biggest city ,Gaziantep is aslo too closse to epicenter but it seems it resisted better than Hatay if i am correct .

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
German rescue team is leaving Turkiye because of shootings between police and looters.

These looters should be hanged, damn idiots do not have respect for the lives, properties and security of others

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
The campaign against rotten contractors is picking up pace. More and more assholes are being detained

Hasan Alpargün, the owner of the company that built some of the destroyed buildings in Adana, which was affected by the earthquake, was detained in Nicosia, the capital of the TRNC.

We will see whether they will actually get jail time, after a couple years people will forget, lets see whether justice will still remember the casualties.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,953
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
German rescue team is leaving Turkiye because of shootings between police and looters.

These looters should be hanged, damn idiots do not have respect for the lives, properties and security of others
They’re not leaving. German rescue teams have suspended operations and will resume work when their area is declared safe again.

The Austrian rescue team paused because of violent clashes and is back to work again under protection of the Turkish army.

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
The point is many buildings collapsed in Chile's 8.8 and Japan's 9.2 earthquakes, thousands in fact. The seismic isolation with sock absorbers which are trending on social media are very expensive solutions set aside for bigger projects, so they're not used as extensively as people think they are, even in Japan. For apartments, it's important to have the metal thoroughly stick to the robust concrete; this ensures kind of a controlled and delayed collapse, in worst case scenarios, giving enough time for people to evacuate. Mustafa Erdik (one of the foremost earthquake engineers of the world right now) went on multiple t.v. programs laying out the perfect plans to make sure these reforms happen (including a professionalized civil engineering class, much like physicians risking loss of permits, put to test regularly to keep their licenses etc., a mandatory professional liability insurance, using precast concrete sidestepping on-site manipulations of test samples, etc. I recommend everyone watch them.

A harder subject is implementation of these theoretical and legal constraints and regulations. We all know that doesn't happen perfectly due to both corruption in the institutions and happy-go-lucky attitude of our people (the corruption itself in return stems from this attitude anyway). So the laws and regulations will have limited effect in execution (limited but not non-existent, so they are a must). You cannot expect children who have grown up, being given warnings, tasks and admonitions by their parents but not facing any of the promised consequences to go on and give a damn about laws and the consequence of violating them later in life. This lenient attitude and lack of discipline in upbringing is the main culprit, because it creates a generation of people who don't care about laws and their implementation. No matter how much you bring the contractors to justice now, those deep-seated habits will not go away, that is why punitive justice doesn't work in so many cases because that doesn't change the character of a population; character is formed in formative years of childhood and early youth.

Brokengineer

Committed member
Reactions
1 480
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand that around Earthquake zone 50km the 7.8 and + aftershock 7.7 are too much for every type of building and can collspse but Those building 150-200 km far , i dont undertand ! State should act and put in prison those who build those building and collspse 200 km far from center of earthquake .
I dont know exactly how powerful was the quake in Adana or Diyarbakir but for sure is alot more less powerful than in its Center of Maraş.
The biggest city ,Gaziantep is aslo too closse to epicenter but it seems it resisted better than Hatay if i am correct .
Sometimes it is not the building but the type of soil makes buildings collapse during quake.ı think generally, It is mostly due to omissions in building structures. Main reason in building collapse

Inadequate (Stealing from) reinforcement
Using Water in concrete placement (at least 1/3 of issue)
Inadequate concrete placement where reinforcements exposed to the oxygen
Cutting off columns to make space

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

None of the houses built by TOKİ in the earthquake zone were destroyed.

▪️Malatya: 20,605
▪️Osmaniye: 3.323
▪️Şanlıurfa: 17,261
▪️Diyarbakır: 20.912
▪️Gaziantep: 27,947
▪️Kahramanmaraş: 5.545
▪️Adıyaman: 7.065
▪️Adana: 21.154
▪️Kilis: 1.929
▪️Hatay: 8.018

TOTAL: 133,759
I can confirm that TOKİ buildings are still standing in Malatya.

63331588_5KUH5RJNkwdb8zVOsveKuBav8bUOPhQWSpplAHYaZ7M.jpg

The buildings in the background are 15 storeys high and some of them don't even have visible cracks. They seem to be very well built.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sometimes it is not the building but the type of soil makes buildings collapse during quake.ı think generally, It is mostly due to omissions in building structures. Main reason in building collapse

Inadequate (Stealing from) reinforcement
Using Water in concrete placement (at least 1/3 of issue)
Inadequate concrete placement where reinforcements exposed to the oxygen
Cutting off columns to make space
The TOKİ high-rise buildings I've posted right above are literally built on enormous rocks (which are part of the Beydağı mountain).

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,367
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom