Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Fuat Tosyalı: "The mass production of New Altay will be carried out in the factory to be established on the land in Ankara which BMC bought with its own resources. The land in Karasu was returned to the state"

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 971
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sorry for my ignorance such topic

But how can that system even work ? I mean most APS systems are inspired from the Israeli Trophy system . the Turkish system looks new and weird . Any video that explain how the interception work ?
Just like SAMs , Radars , computer , missile.
U can see 4 squares at Altay thats Radar and will find anti Tank missile from 500 meters than some computer will make calculation and lunch akkor to destroy ATGM.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
BMC head of test department:

"Regarding the capabilities of Altay tank, Turkish Land Forces has over 6000 requests including the performance of subsystems. These requirements will be proved by the performance of the tanks in the field"

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Desert camo Altay

Screenshot_20230423_213016_Opera beta.jpg

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see some harsh statements on youtube channel of Kadir Baba. Are these statements true? He really seems knowlegable on this topic and his statements made me pretty sad before. I see this tank as a version 1 and having such bold statements is pretty much negligible on my side but at least I want to know that these statements are true or not.

akrepon

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
I don't know man but he makes some valid remarks. It is true what he says about the tickness of the armor by looking at these pictures, it is easy to have a solid idea. However the composition of the the armor plates inside still is a mystery.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tip, stay away of most YT military videos....especially the wanna be like lazerpig or the like (like this guy)
TheChieftan is a good channel on yt

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see some harsh statements on youtube channel of Kadir Baba. Are these statements true? He really seems knowlegable on this topic and his statements made me pretty sad before. I see this tank as a version 1 and having such bold statements is pretty much negligible on my side but at least I want to know that these statements are true or not.

The first time I see him but he absolutely seems to belong to the lower spectrum of the Dunning–Kruger-effect, deliberate or not. It was kind of fun to listen for a few seconds but please spare us his next video.

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,406
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Aselsan CEO: "Very soon we will anounce a great modernization work."
Will be interesting to hear how many m603 tanks that will be modernized! When did Turkey recieve them? I read after the gulf war so around the early 90s, but i dont know if it was several batches of deliveries?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom