Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,678
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The scaled version that was talked about could be the demonstrator. Maybe as it was said that demonstrator already flew and this is the prototype of the full product.
Either in December or January I remember reading about a scale version of Anka-3 flying, I don't understand why people keep thinking this is not the end product? This was never going to be a B-2, it's dimensions are pretty much on par with other delta wing drones that have been seen so far. Maybe in the future if this is successful TAI might make a bigger version but this is most likely it.

Of course there might be changes between this prototype and serial production model but I doubt there'll be radical changes. Thinking they'd make a demonstration model this big is just ridiculous.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As the system matures, the payload capacity and other specs will also improve. Taking the development of other systems as a reference, the payload could increase by up to 30% in 4-5 years. With the TF-6000 we will probably see a much more advanced system.

Even these announced specs are extraordinarily good in my opinion. 8 miniature bomb 1080kg. It seems Anka-3 can carry all of them internally.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
57 28,557
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Anka III's operational radius is estimated to be 1852 km. This means that Anka III, which takes off from İzmir Çiğli, can travel to and from Germany. It also means that Anka III, which takes off from Diyarbakır, can be deployed to Libya without refueling.

1 (1).png

One day we will compare X47-B with TISU. Until then, keep the X47-B datasheet in your archive.
It's time to recall the legend.
Finally we have the basics to benchmark.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
God I hope that is true. I can't wait to see it fly, imo, it'll be a bigger achievement to have a delta wing drone fly than anything drone related we've achieved so far, and we've done a lot.
April is just around the corner. As in March, April will be a very exciting month.:sneaky:

April 23rd would be more meaningful. If they stop fighting with the Republic and Atatürk.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
April is just around the corner. As in March, April will be a very exciting month.:sneaky:

April 23rd would be more meaningful. If they stop fighting with the Republic and Atatürk.
April 01, 1923: Second Inenü Victory
April 3, 1900: Anniversary of Gazi Osman Pasha's passed away
April 05, 1026: Conquest of Bursa
April 13, 1521: The conquest of Belgrade by Turkish armies and the period of the great Balkan expansion
April 18 1897: Turkish-Grek (thirty days) war
April 23, 1920: Opening of the Turkish Grand National Assembly
April 24, 1920: Atatürk was elected as the first president of the parliament

These are the first ones that come to mind, but technically we can find one important event from Turkish history for each calendar day. No page is blank, but we will write this historic event in gold letters under one of them. I think the best date for April is April 24th. But I'm not sure we can wait that long.

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
New reality for foreign sponsored terrorists around the world. TB2 should be name peacemaker or liberator.

The world is no longer so comfortable for countries that support terrorists and separatists, especially Europe and America. What I like most about these drones is that they are a good answer to those who turn countries into bloodbaths.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,050
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Baykar should develop foldable wings for TB2 as well. They already have the know-how from TB3

Benefits:
1. Reduce airbase footprint - You can part them closer to each other.
2. Increased mobility - they can be carried to new locations (or export destinations) by truck
3. Increased operationality - they can be transported with aircraft without having to be dismantled first.

What do you guys think?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,079
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Baykar should develop foldable wings for TB2 as well. They already have the know-how from TB3

Benefits:
2. Increased mobility - they can be carried to new locations (or export destinations) by truck
3. Increased operationality - they can be transported with aircraft without having to be dismantled first.

What do you guys think?
Probably they are already fitted with easily assembled wings.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Benefits:

What do you guys think?
Folding wings are not actually a function that reduces the logistical footprint, but rather complicates maintenance. The moving mechanics of the wing-roots will also have an impact on the structurals of the aircraft. These aircraft are already transported with the wings disassembled during transportation. The assembly of the wings to the fuselage can easily be done by two technicians at level 1 maintenance in actual operative bases.

One of the main elements of the TB-2's design philosophy was to create a cost-effective platform with a simplified maintenance line, which I think is the second most important reason behind the success of exports.

tb2.jpg

It is debatable how tactical class the TB-3 is now, but if we consider the TB series as Baykar's tactical class family, I think the missing point is not between the TB-2 and TB-3, but one below the TB-2. What I mean is the production of a jr. Tb-2 with TB-2 capabilities that can be launched with a catapult and captured with a fixed device.

I mean:
- Jr.TB-2 that can can have pneumatic, hydraulic or bungee-assisted launch, and recovery.
- TB-2 ' the tactical beast'
- TB-2S aka Afro-Braktar
- TB-3 carrier based navalized TB

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,122
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
looks as if the engine nozzle is standing on a carriage. Bet you can't see the nozzle from below say unlike the Okhotnik prototype. Interesting design choice.
Looks like Northrop Grumman designs, hopefully it reduces heat signature significantly

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,373
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not with that nozzle, but it should be in the right direction.

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
17 19,905
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
looks as if the engine nozzle is standing on a carriage. Bet you can't see the nozzle from below say unlike the Okhotnik prototype. Interesting design choice.

I was thinking exactly that too. Maybe we ll see it completely covered
1679741056106.jpg

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom