Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
looks like the AW109
RAF_A109.jpg

Gokbey can be considered in same class with AW139.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really admire the turkish industry nearly has a project at every weapon field

The real challenge will be with Atak-II heavy class and 10/12t utility helicopter program that is going to be powered with TEI-TS-3000 turboshaft engines. Both of them will have naval variants that are going to be stationed on TCG Anadolu. TS-1400 engine will power Gökbey utility and T-629 attack helicopters.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 983
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does Turkey stop producing T129 in favour for T629?
Every month there were 1 or 2 T 129 but several month pass and no new T129 enter service !

Blood raven

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Does Turkey stop producing T129 in favour for T629?
Every month there were 1 or 2 T 129 but several month pass and no new T129 enter service !
I think the army understood that it has enough t129s and want to diversify the needs for other types of attack helicopters(sea based a-heli and a multi-role heli).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,264
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Kotil: T-629 attack helicopter will be revealed in 2021. He mentioned Atak-2 as T-929.

T-629 at the background
View attachment 10220
Atak2 tonnage is rated as 10-12 tons but they didn't want to go double digit with the naming.
T-629 being a handsome helicopter has poky nose with that long cannon. Is it a 20 cal or 30 I wonder.
I wish the TS1400 catches up quickly.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
87 17,891
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think the army understood that it has enough t129s and want to diversify the needs for other types of attack helicopters(sea based a-heli and a multi-role heli).
We also have other factor which is national input and the fact that T-629 starts with the idea to be fully domestic product which will be developed with the idea of using TS-1400 initially. I personally think that we will see T-629 sooner than T-129 with integrated TS-1400 and the existing purchase of Pakistan will be changed to T-629 with discount.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,264
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We also have other factor which is national input and the fact that T-629 starts with the idea to be fully domestic product which will be developed with the idea of using TS-1400 initially. I personally think that we will see T-629 sooner than T-129 with integrated TS-1400 and the existing purchase of Pakistan will be changed to T-629 with discount.
I doubt it. Pakistan wants T129 for its hot and high capabilities and T129 has those capabilities because it has a high power to weigh ratio. T129 is 5 tons and T629 is 6 tons using the same engine therefore T639 will not be a helicopter made for the high mountains. T629 is a better helicopter otherwise, just not the highlander. Still there maybe a small chance that T629 meets the Pakistan requirements and gets picked.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I doubt it. Pakistan wants T129 for its hot and high capabilities and T129 has those capabilities because it has a high power to weigh ratio. T129 is 5 tons and T629 is 6 tons using the same engine therefore T639 will not be a helicopter made for the high mountains. T629 is a better helicopter otherwise, just not the highlander. Still there maybe a small chance that T629 meets the Pakistan requirements and gets picked.
it might be heavier but it doesnt mean that it will be less capable that T129, no Turk will ever let it happen.. dont forget that T629 use way stronger engine.. they even mentioned that the engine itself specifically designed to work on harsh, hot weather. I even expect a better performance than t129, at the same time, having another 1 ton free to be used..

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,264
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
it might be heavier but it doesnt mean that it will be less capable that T129, no Turk will ever let it happen.. dont forget that T629 use way stronger engine.. they even mentioned that the engine itself specifically designed to work on harsh, hot weather. I even expect a better performance than t129, at the same time, having another 1 ton free to be used..
It boils down to power to weight ratio. If the T629 P/W is less than the T129 P/W then it is less hot and high capable. It is up to how much less it will be. It can still be within acceptable parameters for Pakistan's intended geography. Mind you, when there is already the T129 for hot and high making another helicopter with the same hot and high capability makes no sense. Other possible users like the Philippines and lowland Turkey and the marine environment can be better served with a lower P/W ratio helicopter that uses its power to carry more structural, armor, sensor and weapons load than saving the power for hot and high. The specifications have not been announced yet so there is no solid evidence to what its forte will be.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom