TR Attack & Utility Helicopter Programs

Maedhros

Reactions
1 44
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
None of the "problems" mentioned here are actually a problem yet. I've been trying to explain this since beginning. Some people are talking as if they are the experts of those matters with datas they have little to none and abuses the years of efforts to seem "smart" to their followers. The problem is this. We are talking about a product whose engineering processes are still continue and which has reached prototype stage and its maturation process will maybe continue 2/3 years more but webpage you mentioned talks about experiences of pilots on flying and matured products and giving feedbacks. It is the right move to live all these experiences for Atak-2 as well and to start a new engineering process with feedbacks if there really is a "problem". On the aforementioned site, no one shares their "experiences" with a product that is unborn but has just a blurry photo with an unclear angle of shot.

The second issue is that "FLiR will blocl the angle of the 30mm gun". This issue consists entirely of empty analysis as well. Neither degrees they give nor comments they make are of no value from techical aspect. In order to make such an angular technical analysis, first of all the horizontal distance between 30mm gun's attachment point and FLIR should be known from shared image and vertical distance between bottom end of FLIR and 30mm gun's barrel parallel to the ground should be measured So does this photo provide us with this information? Of course NOT! No one can do such trigononetric calculations by referencing mentioned image but I can show you a concept of Atak2 introducing a better view of distance between FLIR and Gun (take the line of connection of Flir to fuselage as horizontal reference to find horizontal line the barrel should stay in normal conditions) in a clearer way from a better angle (even if we don't know whether this is the final concept as well) and this will actually provide better understanding about angle of gun's vertical elevation to compete with their counterparts.

View attachment 56463
Maybe I explained what I want to mention too complicated. From shared photo, I thought TUSAS used Aselsan T30H cannon on T929. I want to say on my first paragraph, TUSAS should prefer Sarsılmaz VENOM LR 30 to Aselsan T30H. Because it's recoil performance better than T30H. Problem on the comment I share is not FLIR-cannon places. High recoil of the M230 cannon. I think they will not act without taking into account a problem that we may notice at first glance. So If they made a design like that on purpose, they also can not locate FLIR to far from cannon some restrictions which we don't know yet. If they cannot make changes about location, they maybe change cannon with the low recoil one to decrease impact of cannon fire to FLIR.

I don't actually see as a "problem" of the placement of FLIR and cannon, same reason with you. T929 not made its first flight yet. If TurAF will see these situation as a problem, they will want revisions about that normally. I think TurAF is an institution that knows what it wants with the experience it has gained from the platforms it has used in the past. And they do not compromise on this, we experienced this situation with Hürkuş.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Engine (TEI)
Transmission, rotor, gearboxes, drive shaft, rotor blades (TAI, ALP Aviation, TAI-KORDSA)
Tail boom, fins and skids, crowlings (TAI)
Structurals, Cockpit, Cabin, Fuel Tanks, Fuselage (TAI)
Landing gears (TAAC in near?)
Flight systems (TAI)
Cockpit interfaces, control surfaces, avionics, communication systems, etc. (Aselsan)
Simulator (Havelsan)

I hope there is no mistake, as go down to the subsystems, the number of sub-suppliers increases, I only listed the main parts.

The first fully indigenous & built-in-house manned aircraft in Turkish aviation history. Moreover, the programme has a civil airworthiness target. It is definitely another historical achievement.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder if T625 needed external modifications to install TS1400. Can we do a before after with T800 and TS1400?

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
None of the "problems" mentioned here are actually a problem yet. I've been trying to explain this since beginning. Some people are talking as if they are the experts of those matters with datas they have little to none and abuses the years of efforts to seem "smart" to their followers. The problem is this. We are talking about a product whose engineering processes are still continue and which has reached prototype stage and its maturation process will maybe continue 2/3 years more but webpage you mentioned talks about experiences of pilots on flying and matured products and giving feedbacks. It is the right move to live all these experiences for Atak-2 as well and to start a new engineering process with feedbacks if there really is a "problem". On the aforementioned site, no one shares their "experiences" with a product that is unborn but has just a blurry photo with an unclear angle of shot.

The second issue is that "FLiR will blocl the angle of the 30mm gun". This issue consists entirely of empty analysis as well. Neither degrees they give nor comments they make are of no value from techical aspect. In order to make such an angular technical analysis, first of all the horizontal distance between 30mm gun's attachment point and FLIR should be known from shared image and vertical distance between bottom end of FLIR and 30mm gun's barrel parallel to the ground should be measured So does this photo provide us with this information? Of course NOT! No one can do such trigononetric calculations by referencing mentioned image but I can show you a concept of Atak2 introducing a better view of distance between FLIR and Gun (take the line of connection of Flir to fuselage as horizontal reference to find horizontal line the barrel should stay in normal conditions) in a clearer way from a better angle (even if we don't know whether this is the final concept as well) and this will actually provide better understanding about angle of gun's vertical elevation to compete with their counterparts.

View attachment 56463
there is a clear video of 129 going sideways because of the gun, you cant convince me that is not going to nagetively impact the imaging on this heli with a bigger gun.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,756
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Except in one area, we are taking giant steps forward in military aviation. Our breakthroughs in unmanned systems are closely followed by academic circles and military think-tanks in dozens of countries around the world. However, I don't know whether you agree or not, but the helicopter division of TAI is the most prominent among these organisations.

This is because it was the first branch to complete its ecosystem covering almost all subsystems. When the medium class turboprops and turbofans are completed, all three pillars of unmanned systems, and even two-twenty-seat, light/utility aircrafts will be completely take part in fully built-in-house up to engines. Within 10-12 years, manned combatants jets will follow.

Currently, there is a great potential-opportunity for narrow body passenger/cargo aircraft in TR. The fact that no 'Babayiğit' show courage to do this is actually due to the fact that they cannot see too far ahead without the state nudging.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
there is a clear video of 129 going sideways because of the gun, you cant convince me that is not going to nagetively impact the imaging on this heli with a bigger gun.

It isnt our question of whether you are satisfied/convinced or not. I don't have an agenda to convince anybody, you totally misunderstood issue here. I am talking about engineering processes that are related to the extent to which requirements decided at the beginning of programs are met in the field with prototype products. This issue worth much more important than people's personnal ideas/feelings in social platforms because nobody from the professional arena care about what kind of technical data people collect from 2 minute intro videos or a blurry low resolution image with amateur eyes in social environments. This social media field is in interest of some people who make comments as "experts" without need any useful performance data and give negative directions to many people/followers about the projects which is still in crawling process. I am underlining those issues because institutes (Be them Baykar or Tusaş) fly thousands of hours with tens of sensors on these prototype aircrafts and make lots of adjustments/design modifications/software updates until reach to desired levels and to reach serial production. Therefore, it is necessary to change "satisfied/convinced me" perspective on strategic products and to look at the events in terms of the army's demands/project targets and engineering results obtained in the qualification processes and the level of army's satisfaction in serially produced products.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
One thing to note, looks like they installed the new engines to the first T625 prototype.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
-ATAK-2 to perform her maiden flight soon.

-100+ people are working around the clock on the helicopter.

Hope to see that beast in the air without any problem. Atak-2 will be a boost to the deterrance of our country and make a great positive contribution to the perception of Turkish technology in foreign minds.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom