Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As Kubilay hoca said, a rig made for engine testing looks like have been modified to be the prototype. These do not suit TUSAŞ, who can produce MMU and Hürjet at the highest quality. I am not a structuralist, my idea may be wrong, but what I see here is that the some of structural has been added later.
As far as I know TAI had Coşkunöz built the hull of this helicopter.

E

Era_shield

Bell 360 first prototype. It explains so much for those who want to see.
View attachment 56677
Omg how will the gun shoot when its flying forward omg it has a pointy nose omg they are using sticky tape how primitive omg its too thin our obese American pilots cant fit in it omg the wings are too weak how can it hold weapons omg i hope they finish the tail it must be because of US elections

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It is really interesting that as soon as the pictures or informations appear about every single project, all of sudden " paint is bad, that part is crooked, it is because of this and that etc etc ofcourse it is always backed up " We have to be chritical , objective and I want this project to succeed as next guy". Interestingly when they are proven wrong, which is the case every single time, there is so little self reflection or nous not to do the same thing next time.
But I get it , some people prefer an investment in the Green Energy and they think day and night about the poor people........

Or maybe not ?

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I saw a comment which share Kubilay Abi's tweet. If you read that tweet, I suggest you to read remaining tweets of flood.

If the drivetrain, mechanical components and engine do not work as a complete integrity with a full of accuracy, the changes you will have to make on the inside will also shape the exterior design. So that's why the idea of going from inside to outside makes a lot of sense. The mechanical ''beauty'' of the platform is more important to us at this stage. In order to speed up their testing activities, they have not focused much on the exterior design at this stage. This is what happens right now and this also explains the EO and machine gun placement.

This issue reminds me of the first flight of Gökbey:

maxresdefault.jpg

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There were those who did not like the nose of Atak-2, described it as the "ugly king", referred to it as "Engineer from the Black Sea" The primary target is flight in P0. Changes to Atak-2 are planned and will be in the next prototype. We can see different nose in P1

As I said, wait for engineering processes to complete before judging the program with appearance of some sections because this beast will be shaped more in accordance to Land and Naval forces requirements. 500 design engineers are working on design of this machine. Even 30mm gun is a mock-up on this P0. This prototype was built to see if engine, domestic transmission and rotor work effectively in targeted fuselage weight. Later prototypes will be shaped in the lights of sensor package and operational requirements.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
From the video we saw, it is not as ugly as speculated from the first image imo, it is a war machine in the end, it does not have to be pretty.

UcanTost

Reactions
1 105
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The excitement of bringing a product to fruition is invaluable. People are working for success rather than getting paid alone. I even risk not getting paid at all to make it to success of an entrepreneur at a later time. You need to live it to understand it.

If you do not set milestone targets for your workforce they become complacent, things will tend to never be completed.

Several years back I talked to a Baykar employee doing preparations for a Teknofest event, he said they are working very hard during the event but he was happy working as they have the motivation to make a difference.

Technology jobs have this kind of traits to them.
bro comparing playing minecraft in his bedroom to working in a multibillion buck industry 💀💀💀

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,487
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think criticism is always good; what is important is to see that with what intention it is done. Some are ignorant, some are malignant, but some criticisms come from a place of love, in a strive to be better. Societies that shun critics and differing opinions and fall into the trap of gassing themselves up all the time, spiral down into self-aggrandizing delusions which look comic from the outside (we all know these kind of societies right?); then they come up with horrible products and everybody is all praise; even those who know better, because they're afraid of being lynched for their differing opinion. Criticism provided that they don't come from bad intent, are always good imo, even if they're ignorant, because even ignorant criticisms will lead to learning if they don't come with bad intent. So I see the criticisms on various products who are active in these forums as loving criticisms which show a healthy mindset.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think criticism is always good; what is important is to see that with what intention it is done. Some are ignorant, some are malignant, but some criticisms come from a place of love, in a strive to be better. Societies that shun critics and differing opinions and fall into the trap of gassing themselves up all the time, spiral down into self-aggrandizing delusions which look comic from the outside (we all know these kind of societies right?); then they come up with horrible products and everybody is all praise; even those who know better, because they're afraid of being lynched for their differing opinion. Criticism provided that they don't come from bad intent, are always good imo, even if they're ignorant, because even ignorant criticisms will lead to learning if they don't come with bad intent. So I see the criticisms on various products who are active in these forums as loving criticisms which show a healthy mindset.
Exactly, for example, in the word Ugly King there is no insult or mockery. After all, it states that he is the King.

Our nation loves such things, European and Japanese attitudes should not be expected from Turks :D

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,283
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope that the end product would look like this. Really badass look especially with thae "Akinci style" wings :p
It actually doesn't matter how it looks except the more aesthetic it is the more chance for export but as long as it fulfills the requirements, looks come in the second place IMO.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,763
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
except the more aesthetic it is the more chance for export
It could look like an eldritch horror from a Lovecraftian nightmare and it would still sell like mad if it really turns out to be the best heavy attack helicopter in the world. And I'd much rather have that, this whole discussion about its beauty is really silly.

Pinco Pallino

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Italy
Looks and subjective taste aside, what I've seen appears more like an "iron bird" (a rig for ground test only) rather than a proper completely functional prototype.

I'd be perplexed if this will end up being an actual prototype used for flight testing.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom