Turkey

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When the nose design is finalized, Atak 2 will look more aesthetic even than AH-64, still looks great though. I don't agree it is ugly at all.

The only problem with the design was EO and machine gun location but there is no doubt that engineers who are able to build the entire powertrain of the 11.5-ton helicopter in such a short time, even though the engine choice changed know what they are doing.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,583
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
When the nose design is finalized, Atak 2 will look more aesthetic even than AH-64, still looks great though. I don't agree it is ugly at all.

The only problem with the design was EO and machine gun location but there is no doubt that engineers who are able to build the entire powertrain of the 11.5-ton helicopter in such a short time, even though the engine choice changed know what they are doing.

Both the gun and Flir are mock-ups apparently

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It reminds me of the mixture of Tiger and Rooivalk. Love it.

FvCYPV8WAAAhayc.jpg

Fairon

Reactions
6 893
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We really need to avoid taking/releasing side profile pictures of ATAK 2.

Also am i wrong or is there enough space for the 3rd engine if we want to go to 3x TS1400 route?

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We really need to avoid taking/releasing side profile pictures of ATAK 2.

Also am i wrong or is there enough space for the 3rd engine if we want to go to 3x TS1400 route?
Possible. Also probably there is pretty much space for different engines to create alternatives to Ukranian engines.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,043
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Positive progress has been made in the studies we have previously brought to the agenda regarding the domestic production of engines used in T929 ATAK II helicopters. If all goes well, the parts production and final assembly of the TV-3117VMA-SBM1V Turboshaft Engines will be carried out in Türkiye.

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Positive progress has been made in the studies we have previously brought to the agenda regarding the domestic production of engines used in T929 ATAK II helicopters. If all goes well, the parts production and final assembly of the TV-3117VMA-SBM1V Turboshaft Engines will be carried out in Türkiye.

I really wonder what will happen if Ukranian engines can't be produced in Turkey since Motorsich doesn't seem that it can supply the engines.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm still surprised they could deliver with delays. Which means they do care a lot for their relations with us. Do wonder tho, are we sure these are actually newly built engines? Maybe some refurbished and modified old ones to our specs? Not saying it's a thing or that Ukrainians are playing a game, but with the war going on, it might be easier for Ukraine to supply them like that. Food for thought.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Forget everything about its looks, just think about that MTOW and 24 ATGMs. Forget Apache, this is the real tank killer. It is a monster.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom