DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
14 AB 412 cost guard will be modernized by Aselsan
Yes, their FLIR will be replaced by R-400D, as well as their radars. As far as I know, no SLEP or anything like that is planned for them however. If T625N becomes reality, it won't see general use for at least 6-7 years anyhow and SGK birds can be replaced later down the line. One thing going for 412s is that they are not exactly old unlike 212s navy operates. Fleet should be less than 20 year old.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For that to happen TS-1400 has to be navalized first, though I'm not sure how long that would take.
I haven't been able to find anything specific on any source about navalization of turbine engines. There are a few studies on anti corrosion coatings for compressors but those don't seem to be separate for different variants of an engine. There are some documents about testing and maintenance procedures of us navy online but that's about it.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dear @Anmdt @Yasar @uçuyorum
What happened if we use normal heli at sea platform with basic coating or as semi navalized. I know corrosion issue , I also know navalized one price 6 times or more higher than normal one . Since 1960s if I don't understand wrongly no completly navalized heli exist after that this concept matured. Than to 1960s they operated non or semi navalized ones.
For example anyone can say that if u use none navalized or semi / partially one, u have to major maintenance them after 2000h under sea air condition also u have to spend 20 percent of its costs also Mtff time reduced to 3000 h or like that.
Some degree semi navalized Gokbeys may be accepted at least on OPVs . After that obtained experience with them we can go on. May be main issue at here producing heli number 3 times number of the OPV as flying skeletons. Like Operating one - Mintanence one - Spare one. But as electronics suits number equal to operating ones number.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have dream...to see a T70 kitted out like this 160th MH-60M. I don't even know what half of them are.

1hRE6lk.jpeg

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Atak-2 on the assembly line. Another footage that was released recently but is in reality quite dated.

Screenshot_20231013_135546_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20231013_135554_YouTube.jpg

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interesting that the third JNGK T625 is yet to see the sunlight. And 2 months left until end of the year.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well that one was delivered, these 2 were in TUSAŞ hands
Can you link me for the first one being delivered to JNGK? We know that one was sent to a JNGK base back in may for some tests but im not sure it was actually given to them. It was to be delivered in August.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom