Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,056
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know why anyone here trust the Russians and their agreements,seems like what happened in Syria and elsewhere didn't serve as lesson. The "agreements" the Russians are signing are worth less than toilet paper.

I really don’t understand how our politicians can keep repeating the same mistakes. I wish I could read their minds to truly understand what they were thinking.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,232
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Especially Stepanakert, I don't understand why would you let them hold on to the main population center in the entire NK while you have largerly desolate and abandoned villages?

It was a matter of time before Russia intervened. Azerbaijan should have taken Hankendi then call it a day.

I feel like we are going to get screwed by Russia as usual.

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
How about France?
(OSCE Minsk member)
Yes you are right one of the loosers is France also having no say on the current deal.. Minsk is dead.

This is a good deal.. And Russia will stick to it if it wants any relations with Azerbaijan. Comparing it with Syria is disingenuous. NK is not strategic for Russian interests and they will be gone after 5 years as the agreement says. You guys are maximalist maniacs like Greeks..

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
63 30,363
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know why anyone here trust the Russians and their agreements,seems like what happened in Syria and elsewhere didn't serve as lesson. The "agreements" the Russians are signing are worth less than toilet paper.
There is no longer a Turkish army from the 1990s. Turkey in a position to fight at the front shoulder to shoulder with Azerbaijan if necessary. The Russians are now making their final moves in Karabakh with a trojan horse. However, once the Turkish soldier enters the Caucasus, it will not come out again. Russians are primarily required to take the risk of being at war with Turkey.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 17,247
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes you are right one of the loosers is France also having no say on the current deal.. Minsk is dead.

This is a good deal.. And Russia will stick to it if it wants any relations with Azerbaijan. Comparing it with Syria is disingenuous. NK is not strategic for Russian interests and they will be gone after 5 years as the agreement says. You guys are maximalist maniacs like Greeks..
This is not maximalism. This is a right pursue for justice also backed by international law.

The negatives when it comes to our enemies and external threats are there because of concessions like these given on the table of negotiations. You are winning this conflict and only a couple of days or weeks away is the total annihilation of your enemy and you are signing agreement like this? What is the logic? Maybe by now the Azerbaijani Armed Forces would have been in urban warfare in Hankendi. You can clearly understand the state of the Armenian/NKR forces by the statements of the so called leader of NKR.

Instead of total annihilation and unquestionable defeat and liberation over Azerbaiani lands Aliev chose to sign an agreement which is giving 5+5 years of Russian forces in Karabakh, Armenians of which the majority are illegal residents on Azerbaijani territory will remain present in the administrative center of "Artsakh" and Turkey is without any official representation or objective in that agreement because "the three sides did not reached understanding on that matter". The possible Turkish deployment will be pure Azerbaijani initiative without any weight within the peace agreement or peace keeping factor. A perfect formula for disaster, civil war in Karabakh and "peace keeping intervention" Russian style the next years after the Armenian administration is forced to surrender the authority to Azerbaijan.

"Economic corridor" will be established between Nakhchivan and Azerbaijan under the supervision of FSB on Armenian territory. If you think that FSB will be letting traffic freely from Nakhchivan and Karabakh the events will surprise you further. The transport of goods both trough Lachin to Hankendi and from Nakhchivan to Karabakh will be a pain in the butt and will be interrupted on the both sides. Hankendi will be integrated into the Azerbaijani economic network and transport of goods from Armenia will be sabotaged further by the Azerbaijani authorities and following the same initiatives Armenia will also further tight the "security" on the Nakhchivan corridor. Bureaucracy is a b!tch. If you don't know how FSB shows hospitality you can search around what you have to go trough if you are Ukrainian and have to pass to Russia.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I deicided to be a optimistic but a fun comparisan would be just imagine Russia signing a peace treaty with Germany when Zhukov was in front of the gates of Berlin after passing seelow heights :devilish:

Last edited:

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
At least i expect that Azeri invetories would be refilled with turkish products amd equipment and more oriented to the Turkey made armaments, that would be nice boost for turkish defence industry.

Vergennes

Experienced member
Professional
France Moderator
Reactions
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Russian tank in Karabakh.

EmeqM9FWEAI0koU.jpg

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
It looks like the real deal was made before the start of this war.
Putin to teach the Armenian leadership a lesson and Aliyev to show his people that he ''fights'' for them.
Putin reached his goal,so did Aliyev.
The downing of that helicopter must have been the sign for Aliyev to stop operations.
Sounds familiar(two Turkish Operations in Syria,one in Libya)?
Putin is involved in all,the only winner of all these operations.
Everyone else lost and the biggest loser of all this is my country(for those with brains).

Asena_great

Contributor
Reactions
14 1,568
There's a lot that could happen in 5 years.

I don't know why stop when you're winning.
cuz this is what russia allow . think about it azerbijan's goal is to take as much land as possible before us election and the western rescue

russian's goal is to

1 . make example of pro westren politition in armenia
2 . keep its influence in the region
3 . stop any foreign military to enter south caucuses

its a win win for russians
1 . the conflict ended before US election
2 . the pro western pashinyan sign the deal ( shameful to display lol )
3 . the conflict didn't totally ended which means both country will be bound to russia for the forseable future

and Erdogan won the nationalist support in turkey . he also make turkey good alternative for central asian countries

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

LATEST: Turkey to take part in ceasefire observation mission in Karabakh at a Joint Center with Russia.

The location would be in the territories liberated by Azerbaijan. The exact location would be chosen by Baku.
Russia has a great responsibility — Erdogan to Putin in a call

If Turkish troops do play a "peacekeeping" role, it will only be in those areas liberated by Azerbaijan.
In other words, Khankendi and its surroundings are entirely under Russian control.

S

Sinan

Such peacekeeping, much great deal. “Congrats” to Azerbaijan. 😏
EmcyN_GXMAAg8yR

- That peace keeping will be done in the blue area and at the Lachin corridor. Rest will be under the direct control of the Azerbaijan.

- Legal status of the blue area is not changed. So, it's still an Azerbaijani land under the Armenian occupation. It's not like Azerbaijan gave those lands to Armenia.

I don't see what's wrong with that.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,056
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
EmcyN_GXMAAg8yR

- That peace keeping will be done in the blue area and at the Lachin corridor. Rest will be under the direct control of the Azerbaijan.

- Legal status of the blue area is not changed. So, it's still an Azerbaijani land under the Armenian occupation. It's not like Azerbaijan gave those lands to Armenia.

Lachin is going to be under Azerbaycan, but the corridor is going to be patrolled by Russia. That is how I understand it. So Armenians in hankenti will have to travel through azerbaycan lands. To get to armenia

They will construct a new road from Hankenti to Armenia, which is probably only going to be used by atmenia to hankenti

Imo Azerbaycan should demand border gate construction with fully automated surveillance and controls.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
EmcyN_GXMAAg8yR

You forgot so called Sochi agreement. I know different circumtences but there is no doubt that russians will playout Azeris if they can, they do that from the beginimg of their own mess they created in Kavkaz region.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,029
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The know how to deal with the Russian, they only respect pure strength and power. They only looking at US and now China

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom