Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 17,245
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

The operations in Karabakh were led by 1 Lieutenant General and 2 Major Generals sent by the TAF to Azerbaijan. The success of our generals has fallen into the language of Russian newspapers
This is looking like fine propaganda piece that is defending the pro-Russian position of the ex Chief of General Staff Necmettin Sadiqov and is using "special sources" including ex Azerbaijani military personnel living in Moscow. It is defending that the operation was joint operation of the Turkish and Azerbaijani forces which was not. They are claiming that General Bahtiyer Ersay de-facto took the position of the Chief of General Staff and he was commanding and controlling the whole operation in Karabagh and to me the two claims are out of this world.

The role of these generals in expanding the Turkish influence in Azerbaijan and their pressure for the reconstructing and rearming the Azerbaijani Armed Forces is I think undeniable but to claim that a general of such a rank took the command of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces as the Chief of Staff, planned and executed a large scale operation is laughable. Most probably some adviser assistance was provided but not on the claimed scale.

Blood raven

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is looking like fine propaganda piece that is defending the pro-Russian position of the ex Chief of General Staff Necmettin Sadiqov and is using "special sources" including ex Azerbaijani military personnel living in Moscow. It is defending that the operation was joint operation of the Turkish and Azerbaijani forces which was not. They are claiming that General Bahtiyer Ersay de-facto took the position of the Chief of General Staff and he was commanding and controlling the whole operation in Karabagh and to me the two claims are out of this world.

The role of these generals in expanding the Turkish influence in Azerbaijan and their pressure for the reconstructing and rearming the Azerbaijani Armed Forces is I think undeniable but to claim that a general of such a rank took the command of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces as the Chief of Staff, planned and executed a large scale operation is laughable. Most probably some adviser assistance was provided but not on the claimed scale.
I mean like even tho they're Generals, Azeri military doctrine is quite different from the turkish doctrine.

Wouldn't it be quite difficult to command the azeri army for the turkish generals?

The only thing I could of think of is consulting and this is limited to the tb2 drones.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Like i said earlier,every fucking time they fall for the same Russian trap.
Our leadership never learns,unreal dumb bs.
I think the main plotter here is Aliyev. He does not want too strong Turkish influence, he wants to keep some military threat in order to quiet all opposition inside Azerbaijan. Yet he achieved great victory, took back all 7 provinces as promised + highly symbolic Shusha.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I think the main plotter here is Aliyev. He does not want too strong Turkish influence, he wants to keep some military threat in order to quiet all opposition inside Azerbaijan. Yet he achieved great victory, took back all 7 provinces as promised + highly symbolic Shusha.
the deal is made only because to get an access to naxchivan, thats why they were ready to give up on something for only five years. Turkey knows that once Ukraine vs Russian war starts, Russia will not be able to stay there. We know Russia, they dont have a single research on army technology, they only use old Soviet technology.. Actually, the deal itself was designed by Turkey and Azerbaijan together before even the war started. They specifically focused on Naxchivan that we would never get if there were not any deal...

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,056
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
the deal is made only because to get an access to naxchivan, thats why they were ready to give up on something for only five years. Turkey knows that once Ukraine vs Russian war starts, Russia will not be able to stay there. We know Russia, they dont have a single research on army technology, they only use old Soviet technology.. Actually, the deal itself was designed by Turkey and Azerbaijan together before even the war started. They specifically focused on Naxchivan that we would never get if there were not any deal...
Connecting Nahcivan to rest of Azerbaycan is a very good thing, but I do not believe that we're going to get it as we wanted it. There is a little land connection to Nahcivan from Turkey what I don't understand is why or how it's been utilized compared to what we'll be doing.

Besides if things go down south, Armenia/Russia destroying the railroad/road or blocking it is still within their jurisdiction for what's intended through Zengezur.

Don't forget that these countries make use of mercenaries and one of them is using terrorists to achieve their goal.

Look at how many times PKK targetted oil pipes from Iraq, every attack is another delay and fixing road/rail in an enemy country is going to be difficult.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
63 30,361
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Em43MLrXUAEUaOB