60 29,405
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

EU calls for ending divisive rhetoric in Bosnia-Herzegovina​

Divisive rhetoric in Bosnia and Herzegovina should come to an end, an EU official said on Wednesday, expressing hope that the UN will extend the mandate of an EU military mission in the country.

“The situation in Bosnia Herzegovina is a source of serious concern for the European Union, and it has also been the focus of a great deal of diplomatic activity,” Peter Stano, the European Commission’s foreign affairs spokesperson, told reporters in Brussels.

The country fell into political turmoil in July when Serb officials started boycotting federal institutions after outgoing High Representative Valentin Inzko introduced a new law banning the denial of genocide and criminalizing the glorification of war criminals.

The crisis escalated last month when Milorad Dodik, leader of the Serb-run Republika Srpska, announced a pullout from the main federal institutions in order to achieve sovereignty.

A joint EU-US high-level mission visited the country last week to find solutions to the current political crisis, Stano explained.

“The European Union’s message is clear… the divisive rhetoric should stop, and unilateral actions jeopardizing the territorial integrity of Bosnia Herzegovina should also stop,” he said.

He also added that the bloc is closely following the UN Security Council talks on Bosnia and Herzegovina this week, and expressed hope that the mandate of the EU-led military mission Operation Althea would be extended.

In 1995, the Dayton Agreement ending the Yugoslav Wars created a complicated double-federative system of two main entities, the Republika Srpska and the Croat-Bosniak-populated Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The treaty also set up the institution of the Office of the High Representative, giving extensive powers to the international community’s peace envoy in order to ensure civilian implementation of the agreement. The EU's Operation Althea has been overseeing the military implementation of the Dayton Agreement since 2004.

M

Manomed

My albanian friendly literally told me that If a war breaks out he'll be committing war crimes at nearest serbian village Im not making this up lmao situation is very dangerous

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
We are mentally ready for any scenario, serbs are heavilly supported by russia, so serbs will continue to push the rope until it breaks and eu is cluster of slime countries without firm principles (reason why i do not understand proeuropean Turks) and when they have it they change them quickly if the muslims are under scrutiny of those.
Only USA is diplomaticaly fully behind Bosnia but we are side theater for them and does not want to act unilateraly without EU and it is inconvinient that Turkey has low relations with USA at th moment as lot of contingency actions could be done to counter this russian influence and positioning on balkan via serbs.
President of the largest bosniak politcal party had meeting day before yesterday with Erdogan and Turkey has all up to date information. We shall see what will happen.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Izzebetgovic should be blamed for this.

He should have expelled the Serbs and kicked them out of Bosnia for good. I know Bosniaks and Croats are at odds but at least they can put their differences aside and make Bosnia work. Cant say the same for Serbs.

This is the price to pay for multiculturalism. The Greeks and Armenians butchered our people in return we expelled them out of Anatolia. Good bye. Tit for tat.

Bosanski Vojnik

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I wish he will stay behind what he says.

I sincerely hope he forms his "army" of Republika Srpska. The current Armed Forces of Bosnia is a joke and the Serbian regiments and brigades would defect and take any equipment they can from bases in the space of 24 hours should a conflict arise.

I would rather have him create his Army and then the Armed Forces of BiH respond along with associated Special Police forces from Bosniak controlled Cantons in the Federation take over military bases and storage sites in Republika Srpska.

The only thing I am afraid of in the event of a new conflict is the lack of organisation and political will amongst Bosniak politicians to react forcefully and aggressively. We have no option aside from launching a pre-emptive strike on key installations and geographically vital points like Brcko, Doboj, Bijeljina-Tuzla road, Romanija, Visegrad, Foca and Bileca to Gacko Area. If we just sit around and react to their moves without taking the initiative then we are in for a Crimea like scenario.

Bosnia is a country with an unforgiving geography for warfare and taking strategic points can bring a massive advantage to whoever holds it.

Bosanski Vojnik

Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Izzebetgovic should be blamed for this.

He should have expelled the Serbs and kicked them out of Bosnia for good. I know Bosniaks and Croats are at odds but at least they can put their differences aside and make Bosnia work. Cant say the same for Serbs.

This is the price to pay for multiculturalism. The Greeks and Armenians butchered our people in return we expelled them out of Anatolia. Good bye. Tit for tat.

There are many things Izetbegovic can be blamed for but that's not one of them. He dithered on certain issues but I will go into that later. Bosniaks had a lot of left over commie traitor influence coming into the war in 1991/1992 that left them unprepared and vulnerable to being massacred. The reality of Bosnia is that only Bosniaks want the state to survive. The communists and their modern day descendants still preach that brotherhood-unity crap. They should honestly be locked up for trying to subvert the state and it's largest ethnic group.

I honestly hate them because they did a lot of subversion that messed our people up in the 90s. Like handing over control of Territorial Defence equipment to central (Serbian) authorities in Belgrade and blaming resurgent nationalism amongst Bosniaks for the slide to conflict in late 1991

Their subversion meant that people in Sarajevo were drinking coffee as the JNA and associated Serb paramilitaries were taking over strategic heights around the city and reinforcing with concrete bunkers, trenches, foxholes, artillery, heavy machine guns, snipers, armoured tanks etc... that ended up killing over 10 000 people.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
EzkVjI9WQAgFZ2T.jpeg
EzkXTSJXEAI623I.jpeg

Balkan Muslims regardless if they are Turk, Bosniak, Kosovar and Albanian will now be put under our protection.

No more ass kissing or staying put, time for Turkey to forge its destiny.

When we dont learn from history it repeats itself.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would have imagined that TAF would already be present in Bosnia training commandos.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,814
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan received the representatives of Bosnian non-governmental organizations in Turkey at the Huber Mansion.
Very good move.
Listen people which are part of that country. Create REAL input information for person or officials. Get aware of present Situation. Make plan -> steps for out-coming things.
I really glad that "Boşnak sivil toplum " act fast. We don need REPEAT the EPIC FAIL NOT acting from EU or WEST when history showed how people back then DIE there and what EU DID "just discussing politics"

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
In case of Serbians starting a new civil war in Bosnia how will Turkey even be able to supply Bosniaks and help them militarily when Bosnia is so geographically isolated from the Turkish mainland? Eventually a long ass supply line through the Aegean, the Med sea and then the Adriatic to Neum port which will be a pain in the ass for sure. Neither the Greeks nor the Croats will be happy for that to happen.

Unfortunately Bosnia and Herzegovina is a baby that was born dead... a state that has no future with so many internal enemy elements inside of it. It isn't even a functioning state.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
In case of Serbians starting a new civil war in Bosnia how will Turkey even be able to supply Bosniaks and help them militarily when Bosnia is so geographically isolated from the Turkish mainland? Eventually a long ass supply line through the Aegean, the Med sea and then the Adriatic to Neum port which will be a pain in the ass for sure. Neither the Greeks nor the Croats will be happy for that to happen.

Unfortunately Bosnia and Herzegovina is a baby that was born dead... a state that has no future with so many internal enemy elements inside of it. It isn't even a functioning state.

I think Turkey has a number of options to provide substantial support to Bosnia.

1. Ballistic missile strikes (we would be fooling ourselves if we believe that Turkey does not have missiles capable of reaching Bosnia/Serbia). Even a few dozen strikes against key locations would help the Bosnians a lot.

2. Hitting serbs with standoff munitions fired from Bulgarian airspace. Bulgaria won't be happy but Turkey can easily jam their air defence/air force with EW.

3. Sustained F-16 bombing raids against Serbs. Raids would be launched from Al Watiya air base and refuelled over the Ionian sea before entering combat.

4. UCAVs operated from Albania. (shouldn't be too difficult to get permission from Albania).

5. On top of all the above, Turkish SOF will be embedded with the Bosnian

6. Satellite imagery of Serb positions and movements.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
I think Turkey has a number of options to provide substantial support to Bosnia.

1. Ballistic missile strikes (we would be fooling ourselves if we believe that Turkey does not have missiles capable of reaching Bosnia/Serbia). Even a few dozen strikes against key locations would help the Bosnians a lot.

2. Hitting serbs with standoff munitions fired from Bulgarian airspace. Bulgaria won't be happy but Turkey can easily jam their air defence/air force with EW.

3. Sustained F-16 bombing raids against Serbs. Raids would be launched from Al Watiya air base and refuelled over the Ionian sea before entering combat.

4. UCAVs operated from Albania. (shouldn't be too difficult to get permission from Albania).

5. On top of all the above, Turkish SOF will be embedded with the Bosnian

6. Satellite imagery of Serb positions and movements.

All points other than 5 and maybe 6 (Turkey has like two spy satellites in space which is nothing) are impossible and wont ever happen.
Nobody in Turkey will ever risk to escalate things so much and strike Serbians with BMs- neither daddy Putin, nor Macron or Biden will be happy about that. Second nobody will illegally enter Bulgarian Airspace with F-16s, or use Albania for drone strikes- these countries are EU/US puppets that hate Turkey a lot in the first place so Turkey just can't play ball on that court even if it wants to. Al Watiya is thousands of kilometers away from both Turkey and Bosnia and deep inside enemy territory- it just isn't a viable option at all.

Turkey just isn't America... It doesn't even have the naval and air capabilities that France, Britain or even Italy have. It is almost impossible for it to start a massive air campaign so far away from it's territory when it doesn't have the logistics.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,550
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey haves a naval base in Albania (Pasha Liman). If needed logistic support could be done by maritime and air transport means. Montenegro would cooperate in such case.

In case of escalation I doubt that Turkey will intervene with force. Humanitarian, diplomatic and military assistance (training) will most probably be given but to expect F-16s doing sorties over Serbian positions would be to much. A joint EU/NATO soft intervention is possible.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom