Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Air Vice Marshal Sheikh Abdul Hannan has been made the chief of Bangladesh Air Force for the next three years.

Sheikh Abdul Hannan got the recruitment upon his promotion to the rank of Air Marshal, reads a notification issued by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) today.

The appointment will come into effect from 12 June, the notification further added.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Air Vice Marshal Sheikh Abdul Hannan has been made the chief of Bangladesh Air Force for the next three years.
Good i guess , any idea if funds are going to be allocated (and how much) for MRCA in this year's budget ? Maybe we'll have to wait till june 3rd

Micheal Corleone

Reactions
Nation of residence
Ukraine
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
let a man dream !

Pakistan operates some Block52 sims but dont know about USAF . Well i thought BAF would go for the cost-effective option Block 52 or maybe even Block 60.
I want Block 72 but its got very sensitive tech and the US may not want to ''water down'' some of the conditions in ACSA and GSMOIA plus its very expensive.

if all else fails , sign the GSMOIA and Get the gripen NG. It shares the same weapons package as EFT. Plus we don't have to sign ACSA.

Egypt has operated F-16 and American weaponry for decades and has only recently signed ACSA

EDIT: Lockheed martin does not manufacture Block 52 anymore so we cant get it.
Block 70 is standard new f16 now. If you want custom stuff you gotta pay up but block 70 is the new base

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Love this guy.

Same here. Don’t know what they’re thinking.

Well, chief explained why they did it ⤵️ PM strict instruction is a clear indication that we are trying to be self sufficient in all three sectors, i told this before multiple times. We are trying to manufacture/assemble few necessary things locally.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,639
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Love this guy.

Well, chief explained why they did it ⤵️ PM strict instruction is a clear indication that we are trying to be self sufficient in all three sectors, i told this before multiple times. We are trying to manufacture/assemble few necessary things locally.

Doesn't the trainer choice make sense since BAF has chosen EU fighter Typhoon. Perhaps there are some collaboration between UK and Germany that will benefit your defence industry.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Doesn't the trainer choice make sense since BAF has chosen EU fighter Typhoon. Perhaps there are some collaboration between UK and Germany that will benefit your defence industry.

Yes, of course. If we are gonna operate a western fighter then we should operate a western trainer too. Even if we are disappointed with the purchase, gotta admit that this is best trainer we got so far. @Micheal Corleone i guess that answer your question about PT-6.

Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Details- https://dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/4943.pdf

1623520327905.png

Top Bottom