Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then what

What s the point of giving Tank Palet to BMC right now if they won't produce the tank till 2024?

Have you not heard, BMC is producing Firtina II at those facilities and developing Utku 1000hp engine. As well as the development of Altug 8x8 and Leotay adaptations..
786ebfb4ab30fe9e810bebc51da8f34d.jpg

thumbs_b2_b19627f68bbcb97ae9db3b4653fd9a1d.jpg

thumbs_b2_eedf33af5e5303051343a41513a46ae3.jpg

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Have you not heard, BMC is producing Firtina II at those facilities and developing Utku 1000hp engine. As well as the development of Altug 8x8 and Leotay adaptations..
View attachment 29777
View attachment 29778
View attachment 29779
Why would even BMC produce Fırtına II, when Tank Palet was doing it their own? Now money goes to BMC instead of staying at state. And utku development doesn't required Tank Palet, they could do it their own factory where they do the production of Kirpi etc. Tank Palet is given them to produce Altay not for developing their other projects. And they will compete against other companies while they using the state factory while others are using their own. Is that fair? Sorry but what you say doesn't justify they are not building a factory or usage of Tank Palet.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would BMC produce Fırtına II, when Tank Palet was doing it their own? Now money goes to BMC instead of staying at state. And utku development doesn't required Tank Palet, they could do it their own factory where they do the production of Kirpi etc. Tank Palet is given them to produce Altay not for developing their other projects. And they will compete against other companies while they using the state factory while others are using their own. Is that fair? Sorry but what you say doesn't justify they are not building a factory or usage of Tank Palet.

Money still goes to the state as BMC is leasing the property also BMC promised to invest in the Tank Pallet factory and modernise the facilities, from recent pictures we've seen from Hulusi Akar's visit, that certainly seems to be the case. A company that is investing in Turkey's future should be given unfair treatment. Tumosan and BMC are both investing capital into developing propulsion systems, both companies should get the investments and help required. For instance, Tumosan is getting help from Tubitak RUTE in developing their engines.

As for building a factory; why invest money in machines, people and a building when the final product does not even have a powerpack. How does that make sense to you? Would Volkswagen build a car assembly line if they couldn't get engines for their vehicles?

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
this project should be shelved as soon as possible and more efficient light armored vehicles should be concentrated instead. drones have eliminated tanks from the game.

L

LegionnairE

Money still goes to the state as BMC is leasing the property also BMC promised to invest in the Tank Pallet factory and modernise the facilities, from recent pictures we've seen from Hulusi Akar's visit, that certainly seems to be the case. A company that is investing in Turkey's future should be given unfair treatment. Tumosan and BMC are both investing capital into developing propulsion systems, both companies should get the investments and help required. For instance, Tumosan is getting help from Tubitak RUTE in developing their engines.

As for building a factory; why invest money in machines, people and a building when the final product does not even have a powerpack. How does that make sense to you? Would Volkswagen build a car assembly line if they couldn't get engines for their vehicles?

How can you be this naive man? Let' say you have a bubblegum factory. Would you give your factory to me in order to buy bubblegums from me?

Even a child would be cynical at this point.

this project should be shelved as soon as possible and more efficient light armored vehicles should be concentrated instead. drones have eliminated tanks from the game.
Yes, we should dissolve the army right now, send everybody home. Drones will be enough. :)

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Yeah, it's rented to $50M for 25 years. Now BMC is building everything produced in Tank palet and sell them with revenue. They are not doing it because they love the country so much. This is business. So no, they can't be given an unfair treatment. Maybe for the things they are tasked for tank and engine. Not the other things. They should use it for tank development not the production of Fırtına, not for the development of other products that would compete with the others.

BMC got land free of charge for their production of Tank. This is intensive given for them. They started the construction of Karasu factory in 2019, in that period we already knew that there is an embargo on engines and transmissions, so why did the factory construction start? Now, BMC stopped the construction and stated that they will not continue due to problems with the land. Seriously?

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How can you be this naive man? Let' say you have a bubblegum factory. Would you give your factory to me in order to buy bubblegums from me?

Yes, we should dissolve the army right now, send everybody home. Drones will be enough. :)
what i want to say is; the money and time spent on such a high-budget project can be used more efficiently.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

The end goal justifies the means for me. I don't care about the politics of it or who comes out on top, as long as Turkey is gaining as a whole. That's a hard pill to swallow for those who stick to the tribal way of thought.

Yeah, it's rented to $50M for 25 years. Now BMC is building everything produced in Tank palet and sell them with revenue. They are not doing it because they love the country so much. This is business. So no, they can't be given an unfair treatment. Maybe for the things they are tasked for tank and engine. Not the other things. They should use it for tank development not the production of Fırtına, not for the development of other products that would compete with the others.

BMC got land free of charge for their production of Tank. This is intensive given for them. They started the construction of Karasu factory in 2019, in that period we already knew that there is an embargo on engines and transmissions, so why did the factory construction start? Now, BMC stopped the construction and stated that they will not continue due to problems with the land. Seriously?

We don't know the specifics as to why products that are produced in tank palet factory have been given BMC SAVUNMA naming. Perhaps, as a way to market the production of those products. I doubt SSB and treasury would allow such a thing to happen without monetary kickback from those products.
Of course they can be given unfair treatment, it is wide to see in every corner of the world where government and industry work together to develop and produce and bailout companies. Germany helps its car industry as the US helps its aviation industry. Tank palet factory is first and foremost a maintenance centre, then became a factory where Firtina's are produced. If anything the facilities developing and testing vehicles are excellent for the staff technical capabilities, who no doubt are earning a better wage from a private company than the government.

I don't know the specifics of the Karasu factory, and I honestly don't care. I do however know when Altay goes into full-rate production Tank Palet factory will not be suitable of testing and qualifying tanks rolling out en-masse. Till then, I'll wait for the development of the powerpack and production.

L

LegionnairE

The end goal justifies the means for me. I don't care about the politics of it or who comes out on top, as long as Turkey is gaining as a whole. That's a hard pill to swallow for those who stick to the tribal way of thought.
To seek the benefit of the state is "tribalism" now. We should turn a blind eye to thievery because it helps Turkey right?

I'm utterly disgusted.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
To seek the benefit of the state is "tribalism" now. We should turn a blind eye to thievery because it helps Turkey right?

I'm utterly disgusted.

Thievery exists everywhere, it is impossible to stop and can only be managed.

That's big coming from someone who wishes for a civil war.

L

LegionnairE

Thievery exists everywhere, it is impossible to stop and can only be managed.

That's big coming from someone who wishes for a civil war.

I wish for a civil war because I warned of it?

comprehension problem or are you deliberately trying to misrepresent me?

Turning a blind eye to thievery and accepting it as "it exists everywhere" is the same as kissing the hand of the thief.
Corruption and lawlessness has to be rooted out and destroyed.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wish for a civil war because I warned of it?

comprehension problem or are you deliberately trying to misrepresent me?

Turning a blind eye to thievery and accepting it as "it exists everywhere" is the same as kissing the hand of the thief.
Corruption and lawlessness has to be rooted out and destroyed.

You are gleaming for a civil war, not warning of one it's very apparent in your posts and usage of emoticons.

Yes, in a perfect world - no corruption and lawlessness'. Let me know when such a dream becomes reality.

L

LegionnairE

You are gleaming for a civil war, not warning of one it's very apparent in your posts and usage of emoticons.

Yes, in a perfect world - no corruption and lawlessness'. Let me know when such a dream becomes reality.

I see... comprehension problem it is then.

Yeah that perfect world will never come about with, or never include people like you.

People who say "it's just how it is, we can't change it" never make any change.

I'm glad you're in UK, please stay there. Cheers (y)

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see... comprehension problem it is then.

Yeah that perfect world will never come about with, or never include people like you.

People who say "it's just how it is, we can't change it" never make any change.

I'm glad you're in UK, please stay there. Cheers (y)

It is what it is.
1630242227733.png

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
A company that is investing in Turkey's future should be given unfair treatment. Tumosan and BMC are both investing capital into developing propulsion systems, both companies should get the investments and help required. For instance, Tumosan is getting help from Tubitak RUTE in developing their engines.
Wholeheartedly agree. Just look at the US, they not only give economic advantage but they even give the right to lockheed Martin, Boeing, and General Electric to interfer with the country's political decisions in many cases
Certain companies that aid a country are priceless treasures that shouldnt be bound by some stupid laws made by bureaucrats
That is what Iam asking about for the last 3 days
Maybe Toysali has a plan?
Or maybe they will use transmission from other country like the Brits for example

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom