DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
90 8,744
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

I am guessing Aselsan would like to participate with its STR-700G.

1727964177591.jpeg

Chinese will likely offer GaN based SLC-2E. As BD army already operates four eariler SLC-2.

1727964086712.jpeg

Thales could also join in and offer GM200 MM/C, as they recently sold two GM403 to BD.

Personally I would prefer Western solutions as they will be easier to integrate.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
69 9,439
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
ASELSAN has signed export contracts with a total value of 26.2 Million USD for the end use of its customers in Asia and the Pacific regions for the sale of payloads for naval platforms including radar, friend-or-foe recognition, electronic warfare suite, remote-controlled weapon, submarine torpedo countermeasure, electro-optical and firing location detection systems.

Another surface ship subsystem job? Lovely. No mention of CIWS so doubt it's for Jose Rizals of Filipinos. Possibly Indonesia?

Enderun

Reactions
5 892
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have already shared this short article, which I think is relevant to our topic, on Twitter, albeit in Turkish, and I am leaving the English version here.
Below are the steps that can be taken to increase the export figures of the Turkish defence industry, point by point.

1 - Increasing investment in research and development (R&D): In order to develop advanced technologies and innovative products, more funds should be allocated to R&D. ‘Unfortunately, funds are not allocated to the desired extent. ‘Unfortunately, the funds are not allocated to the desired extent.
2 - International marketing strategies: Effective advertising and marketing campaigns should be carried out in the target markets. Participation in defence industry trade fairs and events should be increased. ‘Lack of well-equipped professionals who speak foreign languages like native speakers in this field.
3 - Direct distribution agreements between states: Increase the state-to-state ratio in B2B sales with the countries and governments we cross. To this end, strong lobbying activities should be carried out and the number of visits increased.
4 - Quality and certification: By spreading international quality production at the grassroots level, production should be carried out in accordance with high standards and the necessary certification processes should be completed.
5 - Increasing domestic production capacity: Domestic production capacity and the supply chain should be strengthened to support exports. There is a serious problem in this regard, namely the lack of funding. Companies should be supported financially through the provision of export credits and incentives.
6 - Customer support and training services: Customer satisfaction should be ensured by providing technical support and training services for exported products.
7 - Market diversification: New markets should be developed by conducting market research for different geographical regions. Our embassies and consulates have a lot of work to do.
8 - One of the most urgent needs is to establish a bank to provide financing loans for the defence industry to sell our products to other countries. Thank you for reading.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom