Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,743
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any info on the Philippine corvette acquisition, will we be able to deliver an Ada class with quadpack AShM and/or VLS ?

The Caatsa might be spooking in the background,

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
Any info on the Philippine corvette acquisition, will we be able to deliver an Ada class with quadpack AShM and/or VLS ?

The Caatsa might be spooking in the background,
It is impossible for us to get the tender, the Korean side also donates second hand ships to the Philippines. Just don't worry about them.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,743
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is impossible for us to get the tender, the Korean side also donates second hand ships to the Philippines. Just don't worry about them.
I understand that, but PH is pretty reliant on donation and 2nd hand ships. We’ve been there, so I imagine that we’d have a fair chance despite SK giving away a free vessel in the deal. And it’d be better for PH in the long run to get shipbuilding capabilities.

RadarGudumluMuhimmat

Committed member
Reactions
1 619
I understand that, but PH is pretty reliant on donation and 2nd hand ships. We’ve been there, so I imagine that we’d have a fair chance despite SK giving away a free vessel in the deal. And it’d be better for PH in the long run to get shipbuilding capabilities.
The Philippines is a poor country, and when it comes to defense spending, it gets even worse. I don't think many people can sell them anything expensive, rather than us selling them. I don't think they will even buy more gunships, but Akıncı would be good for them. It was used both as a COIN for riots in the country and used in maritime patrols.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Was the koral rumours fake? Will it be exported now?

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Pretty sure they already have chosen SK offer "unofficially". Probably just negotiating small details before they make it official.

They will regret it but who cares. SK will never help them expand their shipbuilding capabilities to string them along for further export opportunities. Why teach someone how to fish if you can sell them your small fish for twice the price.

I think that also closes the PH export market for us. Those ships will serve them for 5 decades before they have money to buy any new ones. At least we sold them a couple Ataks.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
@SavunmaSanayiST.com Here is the nexy years' defence spendings
2022: 178.6 billion₺
2023: 204.6 billion₺
2024: 226.1 billion₺

It looks like the defence spendings are rising, but with the inflation it is the other way around. We would spend every year less.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope the defense spendings they rise yearly with aprox 10%, and currently our inflation is about 20%

So if the rise in defense spending does not even meet the inflation than it means we go down in spending

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope the defense spendings they rise yearly with aprox 10%, and currently our inflation is about 20%

So if the rise in defense spending does not even meet the inflation than it means we go down in spending
I don't think so. It doesn't make sense if the product has a high share of indigenous input. Glass is right.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
@SavunmaSanayiST.com Here is the nexy years' defence spendings
2022: 178.6 billion₺
2023: 204.6 billion₺
2024: 226.1 billion₺

The budget data transferred from the Ministry of Interior is not included in the data. I guess it was a bit misleading. İsmail Demir also said they benefited from the budget of the Ministry of Interior.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Was the koral rumours fake? Will it be exported now?

It is a strategic equipment and nobody will sell that kind systems. Like Americans only sell it to UK as example. Maybe in the future when Morocco turn in to a strategic partner.

Trakya_forever

Committed member
Reactions
4 572
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When you examine in detail, important amount of the bugdet rising comes from Staff Expenses. It is nearly 34 billion Turkish Liras in 2021 Budget, and will be nearly 45 billion in 2022. In 2022, 5+7 percantage salary increase will be done. Then it means that military staff will get an extra salary increase or too many new personnel will join the army next year.

Our real budget to purchase new armaments and ammo comes from SSDF (Defence Industry Support Fund). It was 2.750 billion USD last year. And this year, for the first seven months, it is nearly 1.650 billion USD.

You can monitor the data from the link: https://muhasebat.hmb.gov.tr/merkezi-yonetim-butce-istatistikleri TR

https://en.hmb.gov.tr/general-government EN

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
It is a strategic equipment and nobody will sell that kind systems. Like Americans only sell it to UK as example. Maybe in the future when Morocco turn in to a strategic partner.
Make full sense. Just saw romours about morocco and other countries aswell. Do you know if hisar will be exported?

MakinAci

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Without VLS?

Top Bottom