Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are still many things Chinese haven't been able to accomplish, electronic warfare is definitely one area they are weak on. As well as Electro Optics and laser designators. ASELPOD winning out to Chinese Equivalent clear example in Pakistani JF-17 tender.

We have to be cautious when selling strategic systems.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are still many things Chinese haven't been able to accomplish, electronic warfare is definitely one area they are weak on.
Nope on the contrary it is one of the areas they are really strong.

PLA-Electronic-Warfare-CONOPS-PLA.jpg

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan

Strong on paper, just like russia. We have seen no to little evidence of chinese hardware and software performing well in the battlefield e.g. their drones in Yemen, Libya etc.

I believe their military will fail like Russia once they are facing a real test.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Strong on paper, just like russia. We have seen no to little evidence of chinese hardware and software performing well in the battlefield e.g. their drones in Yemen, Libya etc.

I believe their military will fail like Russia once they are facing a real test.
Actually no. Americans tested the waters against PLA jammers and find out that their DRFM jammers poses a real threat.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,559
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
The Chinese are very good in consumer electronics and technologies. They have the industrial base and know how so for sure they are much better than Russians in the high tech military field by now.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

If we underestimate China in this matter, we make a big mistake.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,329
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually no. Americans tested the waters against PLA jammers and find out that their DRFM jammers poses a real threat.

They are playing, in 2014 they praised Russian EW technology how bad ther own was :D .

they even praise iran time to time.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,559
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
They are playing, in 2014 they praised Russian EW technology how bad ther own was :D .

they even praise iran time to time.

Only when it comes to Turkish weapons Westerners are (or were) always like "Turkish Junk!". But it is better that they always underestimate us though. :D

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,695
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Exactly. A well known tactic to get funding for some advance stuff beyond our imagination
It is not true. China is light years ahead compared to Russia in both electronic warfare and AESA radars.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,329
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Only when it comes to Turkish weapons Westerners are (or were) always like "Turkish Junk!". But it is better that they always underestimate us though. :D

Americans are making propaganda, this propaganda made believe Persians to believe that ther hardware(certainl hardware) is much butter then the americans, this is no joke. Every month the pentgagon spokesman telling stories how good enemies are becoming and they need more money. So if Persians believe it what will senator believe? Like Chinese hardware, i believe they are better then Russians, but not that much better.

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Giving s400 to Turkey is like giving it US by your logic.

No if we trust to Pakistan then I don't see any problem

Well, it kinda is. If Turkish-American relationship isn't in such a poor state, American's would have a chance to inspect the S-400. There is a real chance that this may happen in the future.(I am remembering we already offered something like this before for F-35)

Russians took this risk when they sold us the s400. I guess they determined that causing a rift between Turkiye and US was more valuable than American's getting the opportunity to inspect the export version of s400.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,805
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

What is this picture!?
Is it possible to show us allor most of above vechiles.

Because this is picture is like "trust me Bro".. I mean Bla BLa...

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom