Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Martin Herem, Chief of Staff of Estonia:

"Turkey has a very strong industry in the production of all kinds of equipment and weapons that we may need."

"We are interested in all your air defense capabilities. It is too early to say whether we will have a specific contract."

https://t.co/MB2BH5G9gv

The Baltics, Poland, Kazakhstan and other countries from the former Communist block can turn into important customers for Turkish weapon producers. Drones, MLRS systems and EW systems that work perfectly against Russia on an affordable price is exactly what they need right now.

Imagine if Ukrainians had some T-122s and T-300s operating together with the Bayraktars... or if Turkish- Ukrainian partnerships on all defense fields were already giving fruits and weren't stopped by the war.

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
BOOM! There it is.
Now the US has to either put up or shut up.
it is difficult to understand why they push Pakistan to the opposite side, why they do not sell products and develop relations when there is no valid reason.
i think some American senators really betrayed their country's interests.

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
it is difficult to understand why they push Pakistan to the opposite side, why they do not sell products and develop relations when there is no valid reason.
i think some American senators really betrayed their country's interests.
Because Pakistan is as close to China as Israel is to the US.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Egypt is not our enemy. Its al-Sisi.
I am sorry to say but I think that you are wrong. Apart of the few individuals and let's say Qatar and Kuwait those people are enemies at any level. Don't go to the usual, people are good but governments are bad ( contradictory to the Hadith) and other deflected narratives. Turkey should look to the different options and apart some economical deals ,completely shunn that world. Nothing but nothing is of the real use there.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
61995B6C-CC9A-4FC5-B090-52834AFE3976.jpeg

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Need confirmation. Does Algeria bought Koral? Maybe Atak and TB2, too.

Last edited:

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hisar A/O isn't strategic weapon by any stretch of imagination. Thus it should be available to any country with cash. Especially considering its defensive weapon not an offensive one.

Air-Defence systems are by their very nature strategic weapons systems. Creating a no fly-zone with such weapons, whether in a defensive offensive posture is strategic capability.

Home grown example would be S400 debacle, US non-sale of Patriot air defence systems, French-Italian air defence co-operation dragging on, US non-sale of RAM point defence missiles.

Not strategic... peehhhh

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tot or local production of our air defense systems should be non negotiable!!
We can not give our valuable systems technology for money!!
It is not a land vehicle etc.!!

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,764
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Personally I think it's just rumours being flooded. Some will take the bait. Remember the US senate has given greenlight for the sale of F15. We can't just sell AD to countries that are as hostile as Egypt, UAE and such.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In a war, I will put my trust in Turkish TB2 rather than the US F-15. We know why Israel always negotiates for an "I" version of American products.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Personally I think it's just rumours being flooded. Some will take the bait. Remember the US senate has given greenlight for the sale of F15. We can't just sell AD to countries that are as hostile as Egypt, UAE and such.

Are the US going to provide the egyptians with missiles that go beyond 50km ? The AA armament of their F-16 is embarrassing.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually you should. Why? Weapon development is not cheap. By the money that you earned by selling them, you can develop the newer ones. If you don’t sell, someone else will do it to be sure. Another point, you can Defence yourself against your weapon far more easily as you know it well. You can also add selling restrictions over them.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,764
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Actually you should. Why? Weapon development is not cheap. By the money that you earned by selling them, you can develop the newer ones. If you don’t sell, someone else will do it to be sure. Another point, you can Defence yourself against your weapon far more easily as you know it well. You can also add selling restrictions over them.
Yes r&d is expensive, but you can’t start selling strategic weapons to hostile nations. Even for money, unfortunately we don’t have many nations that we’re as close to like Azerbaycan because that would have made it a lot easier.

selling atak to Pakistan without having our own engine etc. or export permits in place clearly shows the importance of having such nations.( and domestic production of all things).

With the mindset you display, we’d be selling to UAE whatever they want, and next they’ll hire/headhunt important engineers or chief engineers from our defense industry.

That’d be the initial move to build up their own version of the defense products.

these are just thought up examples, but I’m sure the cautious people will understand the need for prudence,

Tunesia was/is one of the first export destinations of ANKA, but look at the country now. Parliament is pretty much dissolved.

I’d use the TB2 diplomacy to support export of other platforms that would support the industry. Like BMC, FNSS, Otokar ifv and such. Most of these countries are buying other Allie’s products to enhance cooperation, but also for political reasons. we know that some of our defense companies are competitiv, thus government should support their export, regardless of which company.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just my 2cents, not on Egypt, but in general:

Developing these products is an expensive endeavour, especially for a rather small country (compared to the giant economies of US, China etc). We can and absolutely should sell our products where it is not against our interests. Whether we sell a generation older stuff when we have newer products in the pipeline (Koral) or dumbed down versions (Hisar i.e.) will help us to make the defence industry sustainable and profitable. Less tax payers money will be needed to fund future projects because exports will be bringing in more money than domestic orders. The defense machinery has been fed and oiled up well in the last years, now its time to reap the fruits of the investments.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom