TR Defence Exports & Updates

guest12

Reactions
2 878
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the article says LNA. Anybody with knowledge of Libya would know that LNA is the enemy of Turkey and the Turkish backed government.
Not the mention development of this heli yet to be completed.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have received an email that looks like the picture below. It had been months after I signed up to the forum site. I was expecting it to take a couple of days to get approved but I only got accepted after the Ukraine situation.

Screenshot 2022-03-08 at 04-38-07 YaaniMail.png

EDIT: Turns out that there were other people who weren't approved in months, looks like he forum was unattended for some time.

Last edited:

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fi-fucking-nally

Really interested what the reason for the delay was.
It literally can be anything at times like this. For example, at work I have to wait +1 years to order some old Spartan 6 FPGA for our production. Some other parts, we had to buy a stock of second hand used parts from 2013. The worst part is that the price is 10x the normal price for certain electronic parts like gate drivers :mad:. I even have waited more than 3 months for a cheap and simple 19 inch server rack with no special features, I still have not even got a confirmed delivery date for it. On top of these problems, it is difficult to even find transport and containers. It simply is crazy times getting hold of parts for the last 2 years due to covid and the economic war between USA/China.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Initial Oder was for 18-20 tanks.
There is an order for a further 40 to 50 tanks for Philippines and Bangladesh as well

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/kaplan.htm

View attachment 40841
AFAIK, Elbit will provide medium tank to Philippines .

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Minister of Defence of Latvia Dr. Artis PABRIKS: "You Have a Number of Interesting Products Which We Could Buy and Develop Also in Latvia"

Latvia's Approach to Turkey in terms of Defence Industrial Cooperation

Underlining that they fully support Turkey's membership to the European Union (EU), Minister PABRIKS also stated that they are ready for all kinds of cooperation with Turkey, especially in the field of the Defence Industry. "We believe that we should integrate closer the Latvian military industry and Turkish military industry because you have a number of interesting products which we could buy and develop also in Latvia. We are looking for Turkish investors in our country because we need to shorten logistic lines provisions for Army which means we cannot only buy abroad…"

Latvia and BAYRAKTAR TB2 Armed UAVs

Minister PABRIKS also shared information about the products they are interested in to meet their needs within the framework of potential cooperation with Turkey. "I can't give a schedule at this moment, we continue to be interested, but this is a question about certain details. Technological details, financial details and one of the things which would very much assist in understanding the necessity of this product for our military would be let's say temporary stationing or trying this equipment on our soil because we would like to see how it flies in our area."

BAYRAKTAR TB2 and Baltic Region: Possibility of Joint Armed UAV Network against possible future Russian Aggression

"It's possible because we cooperate quite well between all three countries. Of course, there is always, I mean, we are independent countries, so it's not always easy to overcome certain differences about planning because this is a more bureaucratic, political problem. We are also seeing that all three Baltic countries have one operational area. So for our troops should be easy to cross each other's borders and help each other. So from that perspective, this is also one of the possibilities we can look at."

Modernization of Latvian Army Military Equipment & OTOKAR's TULPAR

"Yes, we are interested in air defence systems. We are interested in armored vehicles. The number of companies, including OTOKAR Company, which we visited previously and especially for TULPAR, which I found very interesting. We are also interested in the heavy truck industry."

Air Defence Projects and HİSAR Missiles

"I was not introduced yet. I hope that during these days, I get more information on that."

For details: https://www.defenceturkey.com/en/co...-we-could-buy-and-develop-also-in-latvia-5000

Top Bottom