Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
most likely is for azerbaijan , Why will Turkiye give those weapon y
to Z3lesky the pig ? Which he killed civilians in donbas and other places aslo kids and babies and its own man that dont want to fight for his zionist US regime .
To blow up the pigs that bombed our 34+ soldiers in Syria??

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
To blow up the pigs that bombed our 34+ soldiers in Syria??
I'm conflicted about this. On one hand, they did that and they totally should get what's coming to them.
On the other hand, in this war, Russia is known to deploy most of its conscripts from the Turkic republics in its midst. So blowing up them would be, by proxy, blowing up ourselves.

Azeri441

Committed member
Reactions
2 1,064
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani TRG use Kamaz in 8x8 configuration, those are for Bangladesh, which uses the Kamaz 6x6 configuration, it even has the same camo

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
I'm conflicted about this. On one hand, they did that and they totally should get what's coming to them.
On the other hand, in this war, Russia is known to deploy most of its conscripts from the Turkic republics in its midst. So blowing up them would be, by proxy, blowing up ourselves.

There is some truth to what you say, but your statement is not entirely correct. Yes, ethnic minorities are over represented in the ranks of the ruskies, however, still the vast majority of ruskies slaughtered are rus and not ethnic minorities.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to what I heard BD Armed Forces might also get Atmaca anti-ship missiles for land-based launchers.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
still the vast majority of ruskies slaughtered are rus and not ethnic minorities.
If that was the case, the war would've ended ASAP. That's what happened in Afghanistan. It took ten years for it to come to that.
Fp4-TH2XwAE1F80.png

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
According to what I heard BD Armed Forces might also get Atmaca anti-ship missiles for land-based launchers.

Coastal defence system would be interesting.
Do you have any update on ASFAT participation in Frigate program?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
@Knowledgeseeker

So, it started with buying some Cobra MARP in early 2010s.
Then there was some political hiccups in mid 2010s as we all know.
However, purchase of arms still continued in small numbers. ( we need to keep in mind BD and Turkey has military to military relationships from early 1980s.)

1. First big deal was KAPLAN MLRS purchase in 2019 as I already mentioned, (It is rumoured that Army bought around 400 rockets ) estimated value is 80/100 million usd.

2. second major deal (I mean, a really big one) was when BD armed forces delegation signed Mou with Roketsan in 2021 june for various products.
It was reported in multiple print and electronic medias that, Under the mou BD ordered variety of Roketsan product valued at approximately 1 billion usd. ( delivery may start this year lately or earlier next year and likely to continue to 2026/2027.) What included in that deal is not revealed officially from MOD.

However, unofficially speaking we can confirm about at least 3 various product.

1. Teber guidance kit (probably around 150-200 unit, should not cost more than 40/50 millions) Turkish ambassador and Roketsan CEO confirmed it.

2. Hisar O+ for army’s MRSAM program, probably 1x regiment. (3x batteries, should not cost more than 250-300 millions if we considered similar system’s purchase recently, Morocco bought 2x batteries VL MICA for 194 millions EURO)
Army has valid interest in the system as they were present in 2018 firing test.

3 Atmaca AShM. (probably not more than 20/30 as we don’t have many available platform to integrate them now, we speculated before these Atmaca are for our 2x missile boats. In my estimate, this package should not cost more than 50 millions USD)

Now there are speculation about others product within the deal that are not confirmed yet. But there is a strong chance they are included.

Also, this is not illogical to assume as previously stated packages does not exceed the 400 millions. (450 million if we are more generous)

1. 1x battery khan TBM, previously PM officially stated that , process to procure 1x battery TBM is on going. ( From what I heard about Indonesia’s 500 million USD contract last year 1x battery of Khan is costing around 50/55 million. Obviously it is not officially confirmed, but seems reasonable)

2. BD army has a requirement for medium range ATGM with a range of 4km. A description that seems to fit Omtas wonderfully. (I hope we can get ToT for it) There is good chance it would also be included in the deal.

Now, these purchases under the MOU signed in 2021 with Roketsan is mostly for army as you can see.

However, there are also separate contract were signed for Army.

1. Baykar's TB-2 (Turkish ambassador confirmed it)

2. Contract with Repkon to establish a local turn-key production line for 155mm artillery shells. ( Turkish ambassador confirmed it, now in light of Ukraine war we can understand how crucial this could be, Also it indicate in the near future we are gonna phase out our old Chinese 122mm and 130mm howitzers. Maybe Turkey could be the alternative supplier for 155mm howitzers)

Apart from these, there are two expensive programs for BAF and Navy.

1. BAF's attack helicopter procurement, initially MI-28NE was chosen, but from my previous post you can see Turkish option seems to be right back at the table.

2. Navy’s multi-billion dollars Frigate program. (Turkish ambassador confirmed that, Turkey is bidding for the contract. I think @Anmdt knows about this more, but won’t tell us publicly)

So, there you have it. For now these are what comes to my mind.
We can probably also assume given we are buying HISAR-O+ For MRSAM program now, in the future SIPER would be a strong contender for potential LRSAM program, as army has the plan to field long range air defence system.

Same is true with BAF, they likely to follow Army's footsteps if budget allows.

Also, in the near future army need to replace our old BTR-80s with modern AFVs.
(It is speculated, new vehicles would be built with ToT from aboard) Turkish companies could be a strong contender in this potential program.

In a nutshell, After Rohingya crisis BD decided to 'Westernize' its armed forces, and for now Turkey appears to be the front runner participant and most trusted partner in this modernisation effort.
Very interesting development bro! When it comes to the Bangladeshi land forces you guys could need some modern IFVs, as well as Altay tanks. The MLRS file is closed but needs a huge quantity of artillery. With the introduction of Hisar o+, and later the SIPER Bangladesh would have closed the file of the equipment for its land forces. It would definitely be the most modern army in the region in terms of quality. Seems like Bangladesh is taking a similar route as Morocco when it comes to filling its gaps, but has a long-term plan for a domestic defense industry.

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,005
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
A turkic guy fighting for russki ain't my brother, killing them is fine.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
If BAF intends to purchase from Turkey, do you think it will go over the t129 or will it wait for atak 2?

I don't have any definitive answer yet.

But if TUSAS's option are chosen it is likely to be T129 phase 2 units.

I don't think engine would be a big issue.
Remember, USA allowed the sale to Philippines. Besides, USA was actually ready to sell us Apache. (but BD won't singed the required agreement with USA)

I’m so happy to learn that you wouldn’t get vetoed on engines by the US. If this is the case, hope BD goes for phase 2.

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,005
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most of them are just tryna make a living though. What about them?
There are other jobs than being a Soldier. That dude fighting for russki would fight against your Country as well and I assure you, then your bla bla would change quite fast. So I couldn't care less about them.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are other jobs than being a Soldier. That dude fighting for russki would fight against your Country as well and I assure you, then your bla bla would change quite fast. So I couldn't care less about them.
Contemporary Russia is a deeply racist society. These people often driven to the army because they have no other job for them
You live by the sword you die by the sword

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Russians can keep on sending Muslims and Turkic peoples when this war ends.

Mark my words there will be 100 Chechen wars.

Disgruntled soldiers are not to be messed with.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Russians are dying out , only muslim population is growing there. So it is inevitability that, no matter what the Russians do Muslims will play bigger and bigger role . Ofcourse it will lead to the eventual wars. Sooner or later. The question is how it will play out. I am sure, when it comes to the Turkc and muslim people in Russia, Russia and the West will become an allie in a day.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Iran did the same again Irag during 8 years of war and most of the soldiers who died were Azerbaijani Turks, however, after the war, most of them got into Iranian army ranks and only after that Iran started to target them. I wish Turkey was strong at that time. However, Iran has no future to be honest, After Turkey get anti ballistic missile shield in 2028, we will se more agressive policy against them probably

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom