Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well actually his reference is what was shared in the forum, within one of the Indonesian threads. Yet he is too prideful he can not provide a link to Len statement.

Not even a MoU, so better approach with care.

Is Len authorized for the upgrades by the way? Or is it just they are preparing an upgrade plan and budget to propose and compete with others?
Borrowing an Indonesian idiom ... Never believe anything in Indonesia until you see the authentic picture of it ...

True and tested ...

wabisabi

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well actually his reference is what was shared in the forum, within one of the Indonesian threads. Yet he is too prideful he can not provide a link to Len statement.

Is Len authorized for the upgrades by the way? Or is it just they are preparing an upgrade plan and budget to propose and compete with others?fficial statement from LEN

Official statement from LEN, sorry in bahasa

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,170
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Borrowing an Indonesian idiom ... Never believe anything in Indonesia until you see the authentic picture of it ...

True and tested ...
Make no mistake ... I'm not try to disparage my own country . As cynic as i was ... I love my country to the bitter end . But , after some time you'll notice a certain pattern .... Not every promissed were kept and not every agreement were honoured ... So , until the bloody thing's get installed . I willl hold my breath ... No matter on how many mainstream news outlet were airing it ...

I am a simple indonesian pessimist ... ☕☕

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Make no mistake ... I'm not try to disparage my own country . As cynic as i was ... I love my country to the bitter end . But , after some time you'll notice a certain pattern .... Not every promissed were kept and not every agreement were honoured ... So , until the bloody thing's get installed . I willl hold my breath ... No matter on how many mainstream news outlet were airing it ...

I am a simple indonesian pessimist ... ☕☕
Same thing too in Malaysia.
Unless the contract is signed,don't believe anything reported in media.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's actually worse in Turkey, because even when the contracts are signed, most of the time the details aren't public.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,404
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It's actually worse in Turkey, because even when the contracts are signed, most of the time the details aren't public.

It is actually more worse in BD.
Sometimes you don't even know if the contract were signed or not, until the delivery starts.

Edit- let's see if anybody else can get to worse than that.😅

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Edit- let's see if anybody else can get to worse than that.😅
Its probably worse in Russia.
You'd only hear about the existence of the contract, and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE. After that, suddenly some mid-level russian army henchman has suddenly acquired a new dacha!

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you guys think of these procurement documents? Do they look real? Havent heard anything about these before, can anyone confirm whether these are true or no? View attachment 59878 View attachment 59879 View attachment 59880 View attachment 59881
Big if true. That IFV+APC deal is a steal. 1.16 million per unit with everything included. It must be military help from the Turkish side. Aselsan electronics package alone is worth more than 1 million in those modernized IFVs.
2 million for 12x Vuran light MLRS is a good deal.
Sungur MANPAD deal is good it might seem like a bit expensive but it is not. Many expenses come with the first purchase of an advanced system.
The Kargu deal seems a bit expensive to me, with a unit price of 50k euros.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,404
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Sungur MANPAD deal is good it might seem like a bit expensive but it is not. Many expenses come with the first purchase of an advanced system.

I thought it was very cost effective.
$33 millions for 180 missiles means $183000 for each unit. (Factoring in 30 launcher's cost of course)

Consodering the fact that Finland is buying 350 Stinger for $380 millions for no reason.🤣

Usually, a mampad cost twice as much as a short to medium range ATGM.
So, I can probbaly make a guess that Karaok/Omtas would cost around $100000 per unit. (More or less on per with SPIKE LR)

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
$33 millions for 180 missiles means $183000 for each unit. (Factoring in 30 launcher's cost of course)

Consodering the fact that Finland is buying 350 Stinger for $380 millions for no reason.🤣
Sungur must be better than Stinger.In the end it's using imaginin infrared seeker.But if the Stinger is still much more expensive , then there is something odd :) .

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Is Len authorized for the upgrades by the way? Or is it just they are preparing an upgrade plan and budget to propose and compete with others?
Exactly, that's what I was thinking. He takes stuff from forums and posts it as if he found it himself.

If he is so eager, let him become a member of forums with that nickname and then share it on twitter again.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sungur must be better than Stinger.In the end it's using imaginin infrared seeker.But if the Stinger is still much more expensive , then there is something odd :) .
It is better, has more range and altitude. And it uses IIR, AND it cheaper.

No wonder various triple-lettered US agencies are conducting ops against us, we are literally stealing food outta their babies' mouths! :D

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,569
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I doubt Sungur is cheaper than Stinger, for both the launcher and the missile. And Stinger is ancient tech, it's not what we are supposed to compare Sungur to. Americans are gonna replace it soon as well.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,088
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I said this before, but I doubt that Kosovo has the budget to buy all that equipment.
I think the prices / values published are heavily discounted.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,404
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Bürküt it was my bad.
We should not compare US systems with Turkish ones in the first place.

There is something fundementally different here.
Recently, US sold AGM-154 glide bomb to Morocco for $6 millions per unit.

Or for example, they wanted to sell 6 Apache to Philippines for estimated $1.5 billions. However, instead they brought 6 T129 for $270 millions only.

Bottom line is, there is literally no logic or sense to US arms sell prices when it comes to export.

Sometimes you may have to pay couple of hundred k just for pronouncing the name of L&M or Reytheon.

Last edited:

Ready4it

Reactions
1 16
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Albania

Usually, a mampad cost twice as much as a short to medium range ATGM.
So, I can probbaly make a guess that Karaok/Omtas would cost around $100000 per unit. (More or less on per with SPIKE LR)
“Production Support” is included in the document as well, what could this mean? There’s no way they’re letting Kosovo produce the missiles for these systems are they?

Ready4it

Reactions
1 16
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Albania
I said this before, but I doubt that Kosovo has the budget to buy all that equipment.
I think the prices / values published are heavily discounted.
I think it might all be fake tbh. I am hoping its real, as I dont want to be fighting against the Serbs without these modern weapons but its hard to believe when We’ve heard nothing about these purchases, and they’re from 2022, deliveries would have likely begun by now. We’re aware of talks between our MoD and Türkiye’s MoD, but no purchases other than the Bayraktars have been made public :/

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,437
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Dmr

Reactions
1 334
Nation of residence
Macedonia
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
What do you guys think of these procurement documents? Do they look real? Havent heard anything about these before, can anyone confirm whether these are true or no? View attachment 59878 View attachment 59879 View attachment 59880 View attachment 59881
No idea whether the documents are authentic or not,what I do know for sure is that after Serbia ordered 1000 kamikaze drones from UAE few months ago,kamikaze drones have become a priority for Kosovo defense force.

MANPADS have also been planned for some years now,considering Serbian president's constant threats with those 14 museum pieces(MIG 29) Russia gave him as well as him often mentioning French Rafales which Serbia is considering.

Kosovo defense force officers have been watching carefully what was happening in Ukraine and are particulary paying attention on the performance of the man portable trio NLAW,Javelin and Stinger in stopping Russian attacks at the beginning.So not very surprising if the Sungur order is true.

They will also order more anti armor missiles from Turkey,however they are currently debating whether to order more Omtas or to wait for Karaok to be finished,new orders are to be expected in 2024 depending of the money allocated by the Kosovo government.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom