Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,769
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would you be surprised? They are planning to export KAAN. Which is much more strategic.

I am just wondering who is going to buy ANKA-3. While it is a formidable asset but it is not exactly stand alone solution. It's need to be integrated with the fleet. How are they going to do that with foreign fighters.
Why would it need to be "integrated" with a fleet? Any country that buys Anka-3 can use it like how our other drones are being used, except it can be used against even more important targets if its as stealthy as its shape suggests. It mainly depends on what missiles we can offer with it imo.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Poland, Romania, Brasil, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, UAE, Katar, KSA, Azerbaijan would like to have the Anka-3. Some European countries and Japan may want to have it but they will hesitate.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia

Good news, finally. LMS Batch II of Royal Malaysian Navy will be of Turkish origin. Design or bidder has not been out yet, but i am guessing ASFAT.
Video translation in the parliment :

The RMN(Royal Malaysian Navy) has demand for request proposal from 11 companies and got reply from 8 of them.
Out of all,several companies from Turkey has fulfilled the RMN evaluation and MOD has inform the cabinet ministers in meeting with PM in 20 th August 2023.
The governent decided for due diligence on these proposals from these Turksh companies and will buy it through government to government.

Last edited:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey

Good news, finally. LMS Batch II of Royal Malaysian Navy will be of Turkish origin. Design or bidder has not been out yet, but i am guessing ASFAT.
According to the same source the negotiations will be held as a direct G2G (government to government) basis.
Given their very complicated financial model structures, I wish a smooth ride all the way.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That is very weird, according to national news sources, The deal to purchase Atmaca, Hisar and Teber guidance kit has been signed in june 2021.

Also, here is Ismail Demir's tweet on 29th June 2021.

"Within the scope of the State to State (G2G) Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding we signed with Bangladesh, an export agreement for various products of ROKETSAN was made. No stopping, continue on the road." he said

You can see in the video MKE CEO as well as Roketsan CEO singing the deal.
And Bangladesh army has already received Boran 105mm howitzers according to this official report.

Note that in Bangladesh army, Regimental field artillery are 105mm and 122mm systems. Turkey doesn't make 122mm guns. So, it is definitely Boran. As it was confirmed by MKE CEO-

What would Roketsan supposed to supply then? Because the CEO is clearly present in the signing ceremony. Keep in mind this export agreement was signed on 29th June after army received TRG-300 KAPLAN. So, that is not that.

I would be really surprised if HISAR purchase isn't finalised yet.

Last edited:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is very weird, according to national news sources, The deal to purchase Atmaca, Hisar and Teber guidance kit has been signed in june 2021.

Also, here is Ismail Demir's tweet on 29th June 2021.

He said, "Within the scope of the State to State (G2G) Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding we signed with Bangladesh, an export agreement for various products of ROKETSAN was made. No stopping, continue on the road." he said

You can see in the video MKE CEO as well as Roketsan CEO singing the deal.
And Bangladesh army has already received Boran 105mm howitzers according to this official report.

What would Roketsan supposed to supply then? Because the CEO is clearly present in the signing ceremony. Keep in mind this export agreement was signed on 29th June after army received TRG-300 KAPLAN. So, that is not that.

I would be really surprised if HISAR purchase isn't finalised yet.
The twit doesn’t say it was finalized either. So, you think maybe they’re working on a different supply model of the system rather than the original purchase deal of 2021?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,701
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye will smash defense export records in the coming years. Exports will surpass 10 billion really soon.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,574
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think Malaysia was mentioned as an export possibility as well, right?
Not a possibility. 18 launchers with 118 missiles are to be delivered.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,769
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not a possibility. 18 launchers with 118 missiles are to be delivered.
Even better 😃 I hope they'll increase their order after seeing its performance as well.

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Now if we can develop NLAW like modern atgm can be used in urban environment we would complete family , something that will replace LAWs.

Last edited:

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,574
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
NLAW is guided, I think you're thinking about M4 recoilless rifle.
Prediction line of sight or PLOS NLAW uses falls somewhere in between tbh. It's not unguided, but it is also fire forget, you can't add deviations after fired like you can with SACLOS guidance. It's cheap too, 1/5th price of Javelin.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,769
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Prediction line of sight or PLOS NLAW uses falls somewhere in between tbh. It's not unguided, but it is also fire forget, you can't add deviations after fired like you can with SACLOS guidance. It's cheap too, 1/5th price of Javelin.
I mean, it can attack from the top, I'd call that guided in comparison to something like M4 or RPG-7 or our favorite M72-LAW.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom