Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
63 7,895
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean, it can attack from the top, I'd call that guided in comparison to something like M4 or RPG-7 or our favorite M72-LAW.
NLAW's top attack mode is different than Javelin. It's fired near the enemy vehicle, flies over it and detonates with a proximity sensor. It can also be used with a regular fuse for direct attack. Basically:

egr9hM4.png

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,914
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Karaok showed excellent performance in tests. It has up to 2.5km in top attack mode and a 4km ballistic flight range. Interest in Karaok is really high. Multiple contracts already signed or in the signing process.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Karaok showed excellent performance in tests. It has up to 2.5km in top attack mode and a 4km ballistic flight range. Interest in Karaok is really high. Multiple contracts already signed or in the signing process.
So, maybe @Zafer should start a karaok users map 😉

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
68 8,059
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Pakistan to acquire anti-tank guided weapon systems from Turkish maker, co-production also on cards

New Delhi:
Cementing defence ties further, Pakistan is in the process of buying anti-tank guided weapon systems (ATGWs) from its long-term ally Turkey, ThePrint has learnt.

According to sources in the defence and security establishment, Islamabad is also considering co-production of the ATGWs along with the Turkish weapons manufacturer Roketsan.

Edit- Note that print is a credible source.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,216
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Pakistan to acquire anti-tank guided weapon systems from Turkish maker, co-production also on cards

New Delhi:
Cementing defence ties further, Pakistan is in the process of buying anti-tank guided weapon systems (ATGWs) from its long-term ally Turkey, ThePrint has learnt.

According to sources in the defence and security establishment, Islamabad is also considering co-production of the ATGWs along with the Turkish weapons manufacturer Roketsan.

Edit- Note that print is a credible source.

Would that be UMTAS or KARAOK?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
68 8,059
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
1701166664626.png

French are surprisingly ahead compared to other European countries.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
68 8,059
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
@Zafer I think it would be more inclusive if you make the map about Turkish ATGM in general. Some countries may prefer one over another. So, Karaok, Omtas and Umtas all would be included.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 1,001
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Am I the only one who think this isnt a great idea?

This is turning into Oryx which was great tool for Semi competent intelligence agencies around the world. We shouldn't have such information easily available, Yes they can make find same information with a google search But We are giving them easy location to track this information. @Zafer

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
63 30,455
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

This is turning into Oryx which was great tool for Semi competent intelligence agencies around the world. We shouldn't have such information easily available, Yes they can make find same information with a google search But We are giving them easy location to track this information. @Zafer
For them, basic information is not interesting. Because they will want the details of the agreements. You cannot find the details of such agreements in the forums. In forums, at most, there are little crumbs that leak from the background. Nothing more. This does not satisfy them.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,249
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I don't mean to be catalogueing many things. Personally I would only chart a few impactful and iconic products that make a success story for all of us to watch. A manpad tank killer is one such weapon but platform launched ones are not that iconic. Karaok has not made a succes story yet but we want to give it some cheering on a first export sales even before it hit mass production.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom