Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,835
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Am I the only one who think this isnt a great idea?

This is turning into Oryx which was great tool for Semi competent intelligence agencies around the world. We shouldn't have such information easily available, Yes they can make find same information with a google search But We are giving them easy location to track this information. @Zafer
Mate, no intelligence agency worth worrying about is going to need to look up anything on the Internet, and nothing worthwhile for them is going to be freely shared here or anywhere else, unless it is a serious leak. No need to get paranoid for simple things like export maps.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mate, no intelligence agency worth worrying about is going to need to look up anything on the Internet, and nothing worthwhile for them is going to be freely shared here or anywhere else, unless it is a serious leak. No need to get paranoid for simple things like export maps.
That in itself is not an important issue. These are Government to Government(G2G) deals and are usually publicly shared. No issue with sharing these kind of stuff. As I've said in the past tho, subcomponents with foreign suppliers being made public is an issue. A subcomponent supplier of Roketsan may be buying Dutch made smaller sub components in bulk from a Dutch company to make its own sub components to be used in MAM, this being publicly shared is not good. The small firm may share this Twitter account with 600 followers and it most likely will be okay for a time, until the day someone really looks at things.

Most stuff in military industries nowadays is dual use. You can use it to make an ambulance or a flying bomb, a game console or a missile targeting system. Unless an embargo is underway, people just want to do business and will turn their heads unless forced to by public pressure. Which is where lobbying groups of diasporas come in. That is a much bigger issue. Canada wasn't forced to issue an embargo on arms sales to Turkey until an Azerbaijani TB2 that was originally built for Turkish Navy was lost; its wreck was photographed and collected by Armenian army and then made public to be used.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,681
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That in itself is not an important issue. These Government to government deals and are usually publicly shared. No issue with sharing these kind of stuff. As I've said in the past tho, subcomponents with foreign suppliers being made public is an issue. A subcomponent supplier of Roketsan may be buying Dutch made smaller sub components in bulk from a Dutch company to make its own sub components to be used in MAM, this being publicly shared is good.

Most stuff in military industries nowadays is dual use. You can use it to make an ambulance or a flying bomb, a game console or a missile targeting system. Unless an embargo is underway, people just want to do business and will turn their heads unless forced to by public pressure. Which where lobbying groups of diasporas come in. That is a much bigger issue. Canada wasn't forced to issue an embargo on arms sales to Turkey until an Azerbaijani TB2 that was originally addressed to Turkish Navy was lost; its wreck was photographed and collected by Armenian army and then made public to be used.
There are "think tanks" dedicated to this work. For example, there was a think tank that researched China's universities working on defense industry and military issues. They're the ones we really need to pay attention to. They investigate everything down to the smallest detail. I don't think they will take this forum into consideration at the moment.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are "think tanks" dedicated to this work. For example, there was a think tank that researched China's universities working on defense industry and military issues. They're the ones we really need to pay attention to. They investigate everything down to the smallest detail. I don't think they will take this forum into consideration at the moment.
Yes. A university from Chengdu working with PLA is passing knowledge and is expected. But when you make a list of these and a pattern starts to emerge where you see that an absolute majority of Chinese defence companies headhunt Chinese students that studied in US and European universities while in an exchange program, a list is formed. And when the next time policymakers decide to go hard, bye bye to grants and even accepting Chinese students altogether. And from their point, can you really blame them? Canada was legally in its rights to embargo Turkey, because we broke the export agreement by suppling that camera to Azerbaijan. they however probably would like very much if that wreck wasn't made public in the first place and if their hands weren't tied. Such is life.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Chief of General Staff Metin GURAK participated as a guest in the parade in Bucharest for the national day of Romania. Turkish F-16s did a pass and Bayraktar TB-2 S was exhibited.

Maybe Romania will be next for Bayraktar TB-2.
Already ordered in april. It has a Romanian flag, probably their first delivery. It's getting harder to track it isn't it :D

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,611
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Aselsan will present to the Argentine Navy a project to modernize the MEKO 360 "destroyers"​

"Various sources confirmed to Zona Militar that the Turkish company's proposal will include some of the aspects that were addressed for the upgrade of the MEKO 200TN / Barbaros frigates operated by the Turkish Navy."
"The modernization project is advancing due to the interest of Aselsan, an initiative that occurred within the framework of a series of offers made by the Turkish defense industry to the Argentine Armed Forces."

Argentina currently operates 3 Meko 360 frigates, all built in early 80s. 4th ship is due to be scrapped due to high cost of repairs after she hit a whale a decade ago. Source mentions propulsion issues in from the 4th ship's repair, which makes me think the class is also is in an urgent need of full retrofit, including engine rooms. For which, Aselsan would need a partner. One thing tho is these ships are from the same family as Nigeria's sole frigate Aradu which Dearsan will retrofit and modernize. This could be a great joint Aselsan Dearsan working group.

Brits certainly won't like this, which needs to be taken into consideration if we are to have active relations with them.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Brits certainly won't like this, which needs to be taken into consideration if we are to have active relations with them.
Yeah. Considering the UK even tried to withhold the transfer of Danish F16s to Argentine on the ground that there was a British component on the mentioned aircraft, namely Martin-Baker ejection seats, they’d be really mad about this, if it goes through.

Come to think of it, we’d be not only rebuilding their navy, but also practically quantum leaping it into the new era of naval warfare

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,582
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
New Export Record in Defense Industry from Turkey!
— The sector, which increased its export record to 4.4 billion dollars last year, reached 4.8 billion dollars as of November this year
— The defense and aerospace industry once again broke the export record before the end of the year
— The export target of the sector for 2023 was announced as 6 billion dollars

https://x.com/SavunmaSanayiST/status/1730897169027039572?s=20

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,582
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am against exports to Argentina and Uruguay because of their attitude towards Turkiye, especially with regard to the Armenian nonsense.

-improving the relations and providing affordable alternatives to their needs may eventually change their perception and actions and I am not only talking about Argentina and Uruguay. Our millitary industiry is becoming a very effective and useful diplomatic tool.

-Aselsan will present the project for the modernization of MEKO 360 destroyers to the Argentine Navy Aselsan company is working on a project for the modernization of MEKO 360 destroyers, an initiative that will be submitted for evaluation of the Argentine Navy. Within the scope of the modernization program, it is aimed to upgrade existing systems with Turkish-made elements such as fire control, radar and electronic sensors.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am against exports to Argentina and Uruguay because of their attitude towards Turkiye, especially with regard to the Armenian nonsense.
-improving the relations and providing affordable alternatives to their needs may eventually change their perception and actions and I am not only talking about Argentina and Uruguay. Our millitary industiry is becoming a very effective and useful diplomatic tool.

-Aselsan will present the project for the modernization of MEKO 360 destroyers to the Argentine Navy Aselsan company is working on a project for the modernization of MEKO 360 destroyers, an initiative that will be submitted for evaluation of the Argentine Navy. Within the scope of the modernization program, it is aimed to upgrade existing systems with Turkish-made elements such as fire control, radar and electronic sensors.

@Baryshx I can’t say that what Argentine and Uruguay did is ok. But when you look at it from their perspective, it kind of makes sense.
In Argentine’s case, in my opinion, (not a fact) they might‘ve thought that to maintain their non-NATO ally status, which I believe there were six of them, they, partly out of zeal and partly maybe due to some US based Armenian lobby pressure, might have done it.
I can’t think anything else.

I would also humbly like remind our readers here that Turkey is the scapegoat now and the next pariah state candidate in American foreign policy. So, some lesser power countries not to be “left behind”, may hop on the let’s bash Turkey wagon. We must be ready for such blows from left and right. This condemning Armenian “nonsense” in national parliaments is nothing but to push Turkey into the corner. This is another step of pushing Turkey into isolation. This may be even a precondition of becoming an American ally in the future.

As far as Argentine goes, I don’t see any beef between us and looks like Turkish government don’t seem like they’re bothered about it, either. If we do what some hope us to do and cut relations with every country one by one, then we really will loose.
Turkey does not have any political ambitions and goals in S. America. It’s US’ playground. All we want is sell stuff and have trade relations.
That’s how i see it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom