Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,842
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

We're going to dig us out of this situation.

They waited a whole day for the damn announcement as I can see it, ridiculous!

Albayrak is fleeing to UK. Wasn't one of RTE son's in Italy ?

I wonder if it's true, I read yesterday he was looking for an apartment.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,842
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
So the reason was not the announcement of the new vaccine found by Biontech and Pfizer?
I don't think we can rule out some impact of it. But I don't see why it should have such a big impact on Turkey, unless BionTech has decided vaccine production in Turkey is a must and the second one by Pzifer (in US).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't think we can rule out some impact of it. But I don't see why it should have such a big impact on Turkey, unless BionTech has decided vaccine production in Turkey is a must and the second one by Pzifer (in US).
It has its effect on gold prices. It is an indication that the pandemic will be curbed and will not last too long. Which in turn means economies can recover and there is a hope to get back to full openness of the prepandemic normal in a few years. Although the vaccine requires -70 to -80 °C keeping temperature which is not widely available among hospitals that means difficulties in widespread application. Also the American elections have barely ended and its consequences are still being weighted. So you never know how much of what causes causes the market levels.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,842
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Production of our domestic electric tractor has been started. (Minister of Agriculture and Forestry; Pakdemirli)

Video in Turkish about agriculture, support etc.

Technology is going to increase efficiency, reduce manpower need etc.

But are electric vehicles really good for heavy duty ?

no charging station needed because it's built-in... eh... charging time kind of depends on ampere.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Video in Turkish about agriculture, support etc.

Technology is going to increase efficiency, reduce manpower need etc.

But are electric vehicles really good for heavy duty ?

no charging station needed because it's built-in... eh... charging time kind of depends on ampere.
it is future, good to be first on that train regardless initial flaws and deficencies.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Very important initiative, ministry could buy electric tractors and lease them to the farmers, at least in the beginning to motivate transition towards renewable energy. One other thing ministry should do to build solar, wind energy vehicle charging stations in the farming towns. This should motivate private companies to build their own electric vehicles and other ventures such the charging stations.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,842
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey’s new finance minister vows market-friendly changes​

BY DAILY SABAH WITH AGENCIES​

ISTANBUL ECONOMY
NOV 10, 2020 6:22 PM GMT+3
Treasury and Finance Minister Lütfi Elvan at the ministry headquarters in the capital Ankara, Turkey, Nov. 10, 2020. (AA Photo)
Treasury and Finance Minister Lütfi Elvan at the ministry headquarters in the capital Ankara, Turkey, Nov. 10, 2020. (AA Photo)

Turkey’s new Treasury and Finance Minister Lütfi Elvan promised on Tuesday to implement market-friendly changes and improve the investment environment for international and domestic entrepreneurs while using all tools to tackle inflation.

In his first remarks since being sworn into Parliament on Tuesday, Elvan said strengthening institutions was important and fiscal discipline would be maintained through realistic risk management.
"Turkey will resolutely support the fight against inflation and raise public finance quality by maintaining fiscal discipline," Elvan said.

The period ahead, he added, will be a period of recovery where the impacts of the pandemic decrease and new opportunities are formed.

"In this framework, while strengthening macroeconomic stability, we will focus on a market-friendly transformation program that includes micro reforms," Elvan said.

He said that foreseeability in legislation, especially tax regulations, will be increased.
Elvan, 58, has replaced Berat Albayrak, who resigned late Sunday citing health concerns, and President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan officially accepted Albayrak's resignation Monday.

"I talked to Mr. Albayrak. I thanked him for his services to our nation to date. He also wished success for us," he said, speaking to reporters in Parliament ahead of the swearing-in ceremony, adding that there would be no handover ceremony due to Albayrak’s health issues.

Regarded as a capable technocrat, Elvan served in various ministerial posts in previous governments.
Elvan served as deputy prime minister from 2015 to 2016. He also held the posts of minister for development and minister of transportation, maritime affairs and communication.

Before taking the position, he was serving as chairperson of the Parliament's Planning and Budget Committee.

Elvan has a bachelor's degree in mining from Istanbul Technical University's (ITÜ) Faculty of Mines, a master's degree in mining operations and research from Leeds University in the U.K. and a second master's degree in economics from U.S.-based Delaware University.

He also held various positions within international institutions such as the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the European Union.

Elvan said that the main aim of the economic policy is to increase growth and employment.
The country, in cooperation with all relevant parties, will take the necessary steps to increase predictability in legislation and to improve the investment environment for both domestic and international entrepreneurs, he noted.

“We will increase our domestic production capacity by ensuring that the production process is transformed into a structure that is geared toward exports, that is innovative and has a decreased dependence on imports,” Elvan added.

Erdoğan said earlier Tuesday that Turkey is in a "historic struggle" against those seeking to shackle it with high interest rates, inflation and exchange rates.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,714
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I kinda like the import/export numbers that's what it should always be. So we can reduce our debt to 0.

If the missing papers/documents are true, then turkish business ppl should make sure everything is in order. So that part can't be used as an excuse.

Ruhsar Pekcan Trade Minister, announced that Turkey will start negotiations on the Free Trade Agreement with Algeria soon.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,842
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
1605165238878.png

Lütfi! Lütfi! Lütfi!

This is the best Economic decision RTE has made in newer times. Hoping this downward trend will continue.

Top Bottom