fushkee

Committed member
Reactions
4 214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have got over the bad days. We are waiting for the worse days.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kinda amusing because there is a massive brain drain happening in germany as well.

The issue is Germans move abroad, are replaced by Eastern Europeans and Turkish academics and skilled professionals.

Our citizens move to Germany but we dont pull any talent from anywhere. Just refugees that would like to leave to Europe too.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,700
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The issue is Germans move abroad, are replaced by Eastern Europeans and Turkish academics and skilled professionals.

Our citizens move to Germany but we dont pull any talent from anywhere. Just refugees that would like to leave to Europe too.

The demographic that stays is the demographic that is more favourable to Erdoganism and thus talent does not return.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Its not just germans but migrants in the 2nd/3rd gen as well and the academics that move here dont stay long and leave shortly after, often times after a year already lol The eastern euros worker is true but I have never seen actually Turkish academics moving here but if the folks in turkey believe that almanya is the land of milk and honey then so let it be lol

On the grand scheme of things lets put it this wae, if u want to make money there are better options elsewhere.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its not just germans but migrants in the 2nd/3rd gen as well and the academics that move here dont stay long and leave shortly after, often times after a year already lol The eastern euros worker is true but I have never seen actually Turkish academics moving here but if the folks in turkey believe that almanya is the land of milk and honey then so let it be lol

On the grand scheme of things lets put it this wae, if u want to make money there are better options elsewhere.

Story time.
Don't know where you live, but Berlin is full of them, easy to spot. Usually Erasmus students that stay for jobs in the so called new economy.
In Stuttgart, where I'm also frequently for business, plenty of them in Engineering positions at Bosch, Mercedes or even Mahle. Here in my area in NRW not so much, but I once took someone with my car who studied at RWTH Aachen and had a job offer at Ford in Cologne.

Another girl stayed with my mum until she found her own apartment and now found an American-Turkish boyfriend and is moving to the US. That girl has really worked her way up. So from my personal experience and the asylum applications, the numbers are high. No longer in the age where I meet that young people regularly, so just my 2cents.

Not saying that Germany is the gold standard, because once you're here you realize that half of your wage is gone but money is not everything.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,289
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
... money is not everything.
This.

If you are a standard urban middle class Turk, you are one of the most exploited and humiliated groups on earth.

Get sick? Hospitals are shit and the system is overwhelmed. You go and wait your turn while Abdurrezzak Al Tantuni's 3rd wife goes in for her fully paid treatement. They also get ahead of you in line because she is pregnant with her 5th child.

Wanna take your girlfriend for a walk along the coast because something that will cause you grief is guaranteed to happen. Gypsies will try to force-sell you flowers, Syrians will make noise, Afghans and Pakistanis will harass your girlfriend. People are limited to cafés because those are safe places. Braindead AKP uncles always point to how Starbucks' are full, but they don't even consider this. Those coffee houses are full because you can't enjoy your time on the street. You have to buy your piece of mind. That's if you can afford to sit in a café.

Drug use is a wild problem that everyone ignores. Cocaine is spreading like wildfire among the rich, while even small towns now have a few crackheads. I remember how widespread marjuana was back in 2015-16 in one of the most prestigous universities of the country.

Prostitution is everywhere. From OF thots to girls financing their university costs to human-trafficked foreigners. The most socially conservative government is also the government that let this catastrophe happen. Milletin namusunu mezata çıkardılar.

You can't even sleep a good night's sleep because some idiot will HOOOONK at 3 a.m.

If you have an encounter with the justice system, you can have 1st hand information on how dysfunctional it is. Punishments are not enough. Law enforcement doen't really try if they aren't feeling the pressure of social media. If you have a problem with a person who is connected (i.e. rich AKPian) you can forget getting compenssation for anything ever.

And while on the topic of nepotism, constantly seeing unqualified people leeching off others and living in luxury is mentally taxing in itself. I swear I get a downright murderous rage when I see these shisha bar 'kısa parliament' perfectly rimmed beard with skinny trousers types. "My dad is in construction" No you idiot your dad is milking the public by making underhanded deals with politicians and stealing contracts. These people should be put to work in a cobalt mine, indefinitely.

And the last point: you will probably have shit working conditions. Especially in the private sector. They will give you the least but expect you to do the most. You won't be allowed to turn off your phone or go out of town even if it's only for a day. They will make you work extra hours but not pay it. Your social life will gradually diminish to a very minimum or to zero.

Türkiye is not a good place to live in, it is not a good place to raise a family, it is not a place where hardworking, law abiding people flourish.

By the mace of Murad IV, we need falaka and hangings and we need them now.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It seems like Seymour Hersh has stumbled upon into some spicy :poop:

Joe Biden got what he needed before the NATO summit this week by somehow turning Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan inside out and getting him to rebuff Vladimir Putin by announcing that he would support NATO membership for Sweden. The public story for Biden’s face-saving coup was talk about agreeing to sell American F-16 fighter bombers to Turkey.

I have been told a different, secret story about Erdogan’s turnabout: Biden promised that a much-needed $11-13 billion line of credit would be extended to Turkey by the International Monetary Fund.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Hersh's story makes more sense. F-16s wouldn't have been nearly enough especially since certain US lobby groups are already trying to put obstacles in the way.

That being said even $13 billion is a relatively modest sum in the grand scheme of things. It will save Erdogan for what, maybe two years?

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,219
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hersh's story makes more sense. F-16s wouldn't have been nearly enough especially since certain US lobby groups are already trying to put obstacles in the way.

That being said even $13 billion is a relatively modest sum in the grand scheme of things. It will save Erdogan for what, maybe two years?
13 billion and credit, we'd need 113.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
To the conclusion of local elections. After that, he'll go after those "structural reforms". He gotta.
Maybe or maybe not. Man will do the craziest shit to stay in power. Another worrying note in that article is the comment that Russia has been providing gas to Turkey on a credit. If true, that is going to MASSIVELY bite Turkey in the ass in the future.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe or maybe not. Man will do the craziest shit to stay in power. Another worrying note in that article is the comment that Russia has been providing gas to Turkey on a credit. If true, that is going to MASSIVELY bite Turkey in the ass in the future.
If Nordstream was still up I'd agree with you. Although the situation is still far from ideal, its more like two village idiots holding each others dookie.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,684
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Turkish Grand National Assembly has updated the borrowing authority of AKP President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan to 1 trillion 457 billion 288 million 394 thousand 30 liras (around 56 billion dollars.)

Source: (use Google translate)

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
This is why indiginisation is always the first step to economic success
Before Togg, no major car company wanted to invest in electrical car manufacturing within Turkey. However, the moment Togg turned out to be a success, all major car companies are planning to make new investments in order to ensure that Togg doesnt take the whole pie and swallow the markets with cheap high quality products

Turkey needs to announce a national mobile phone and laptop initiatives as well as new indiginisation plans

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is why indiginisation is always the first step to economic success
Before Togg, no major car company wanted to invest in electrical car manufacturing within Turkey. However, the moment Togg turned out to be a success, all major car companies are planning to make new investments in order to ensure that Togg doesnt take the whole pie and swallow the markets with cheap high quality products

Turkey needs to announce a national mobile phone and laptop initiatives as well as new indiginisation plans

Have you seen the margins on Laptops and Smartphones? There are only like 2–3 players in the world that make a profit out of Phones. Apple being the obvious champ.

Top Bottom