Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hm......
Is this a sign for something big that may happen soon?
No empty promises.

Vocational training means. "Come here, this is how you use a sewing machine" or "This is how you put mortar on a brick and place it correctly".

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

"Vocational training will also be provided by the Turkish Armed Forces for conscripted men."
Wasn't that already provided by TAF? I remember in old videos released by TAF prior they were giving some vocational training.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah, inflation is everyone's fault except the government.

No, everything on earth is the government's fault.

I bought a house in Turkey. I did not know the rules or the mentality, because i am born and raised in the Netherlands.

When i and the owner entered the Tapu and Kadastro Agency to sign the deal, i saw the purchase contract in the hands of the Agent.

The prize on the contract was 130k TL, despite i payed the owner 420k TL for the house. For 130k you cant even buy a car in Turkey.

After we walked out of the building i asked him why the prizes differed. He said that if we put the real prize on the contract, the government would tax me and him much more. He said that this was the way people doing business here.

Millions of people doing this. And when there is a earthquake, the government would build a new house for you thats worth 130k and not 420k. And then people again blaiming the government.

Tell me what the government can do if the mentality of the people is rotten to the bone.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

I bought a house in Turkey. I did not know the rules or the mentality, because i am born and raised in the Netherlands.

When i and the owner entered the Tapu and Kadastro Agency to sign the deal, i saw the purchase contract in the hands of the Agent.

The prize on the contract was 130k TL, despite i payed the owner 420k TL for the house. For 130k you cant even buy a car in Turkey.

After we walked out of the building i asked him why the prizes differed. He said that if we put the real prize on the contract, the government would tax me and him much more. He said that this was the way people doing business here.

Millions of people doing this. And when there is a earthquake, the government would build a new house for you thats worth 130k and not 420k. And then people again blaiming the government.

Tell me what the government can do if the mentality of the people is rotten to the bone.

This is nothing new, it was case when you are buying anything. Vendors were making discount if you were not getting invoice. This is a known problem, it's government's responsibility to put regulations, some penalty if they are not obeying the regulations.

Inflation is also responsibility of the government. People once elected akp because the economic crisis. Back then, it was government's fault, now it's dij gucler.

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Thats bound to happen if you tax stuff with 100% or 200%, people will find loopholes to avoid getting scammed.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is nothing new, it was case when you are buying anything. Vendors were making discount if you were not getting invoice. This is a known problem, it's government's responsibility to put regulations, some penalty if they are not obeying the regulations.

Inflation is also responsibility of the government. People once elected akp because the economic crisis. Back then, it was government's fault, now it's dij gucler.

So in your fantasyland a nation's economy could not be harmed by foreign powers?

Iran, North Korea, South Africa, Videla-Argentina, Iraq, Nazi-Germany, Russia, Cuba? Read American and European history.

It's Turkey's turn now. They attack your currency and economy untill you do what they say.

In Turkey's case: stop the development of domestic defense industry and put a halt to militairy operations abroad. Or else we will squeeze you as a lemon till you are broke and bankrupt before we declare war.

And war will come. The air, the wind, the birds, everything has the same smell as in 1913 before the First World War.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
So in your fantasyland a nation's economy could not be harmed by foreign powers?

Iran, North Korea, South Africa, Videla-Argentina, Iraq, Nazi-Germany, Russia, Cuba? Read American and European history.

It's Turkey's turn now. They attack your currency and economy untill you do what they say.

In Turkey's case: stop the development of domestic defense industry and put a halt to militairy operations abroad. Or else we will squeeze you as a lemon till you are broke and bankrupt before we declare war.

And war will come. The air, the wind, the birds, everything has the same smell as in 1913 before the First World War.
You completely ignore the fact that the government is responsible for the economy and the crises. You subvert the discussion to economic sanctions.

So in your fantasyland a government is not responsible for the economy, and the economic crises is not the government or countries problem but the whole worlds problem.

In your fantasyland you imagine that countries that you are on bad terms will import more from your country to help your population so your corrupt government can stay in power longer.

What kind of a logic is that ?

Even Babacan said in one of the interviews right after establishing a new party. If you run your country well and sound, what does it matter if they try to harm your country with economic sanctions or whatever.

As long as you are robust they will give up that strategy. But if your economy is weak, then even the smallest wave will rock the boat.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

"Vocational training will also be provided by the Turkish Armed Forces for conscripted men."
This will change nothing, youth unemployment has majorly to do with the fact that a lot of Turkish youth is overqualified yet is offered bad jobs for bad pay. You can't fix that by training people to be toilet cleaners or whatever. You fix that by fixing the economy and making people believe once more that they can have a future in this country that doesn't involve them living like slaves under a heartless master.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sounds good, but I hope Turkish furniture business is ready for the increasing competition.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sounds good, but I hope Turkish furniture business is ready for the increasing competition.

IKEA wont kill the Turkish furniture business. Even the most poor Turks buy expensive furniture from Bellona, Mondi or Istikbal because they can pay the bill in 88 months with their 53 different creditcards.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
IKEA wont kill the Turkish furniture business. Even the most poor Turks buy expensive furniture from Bellona, Mondi or Istikbal because they can pay the bill in 88 months with their 53 different creditcards.
That reply is a very sad reality, and not a very healthy way of living or running the country. But they did that a lot in 90's.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
And thats again something that the goverment should regulate, in Switzerland you wont be able to fall that deep into debt and no bank would give you a credit that you can not pay back.
But in Turkey the goverment doesnt regulate it because the said poor people buy stuff and think they became richer compared to 20 years ago because now they have a fridge...

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Fasten your seat belts. They're coming:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fasten your seat belts. They're coming:

Good news, but I hope that our own domestic medicine production doesn't get killed. I don't mind healthy competition though because I hope that our own domestic production can compete.

I hope we don't make the mistake of killing domestic production because of foreign investors.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Good news, but I hope that our own domestic medicine production doesn't get killed. I don't mind healthy competition though because I hope that our own domestic production can compete.

I hope we don't make the mistake of killing domestic production because of foreign investors.
I think foreign competition is not killing the domestic production, at least not the quality producers, look at chinese brands before foreign investment they all produced cheap stuff but now some brands are top notch technology giants who race for the pole position.
So its good that these investments come, they will force Turkish brands to get better.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think foreign competition is not killing the domestic production, at least not the quality producers, look at chinese brands before foreign investment they all produced cheap stuff but now some brands are top notch technology giants who race for the pole position.
So its good that these investments come, they will force Turkish brands to get better.
Yes, but what I worry about is the Turkish mentality of "I've made this investment, now I will not make more investment before I've received back my investment".

While it may sound like a sound idea most firms don't get full return on their money before they have to make additional investments and improvements.

T

Turko

Their investment might target to export abroad from Turkey as we have high qualified and cheap labor force.
You can't recruite an engineer for 400 euro in Poland. Ukranians travel there to work. Minumum wages are in Poland 800-1000EUR.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom