Emirates: We want to say to Turkey that we want normal relations that respect sovereignty between us

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,051
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
One thing that's obvious is that with Trump gone, there's a lot of geopolitical shuffling going on. Lot's of authoritarian countries know they will probably no longer have the US backing as they did with the Trump administration. Examples are the Qatari embargo, Turkey talking about thawing ties with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Israel and even UAE.

I hope that the next years will see less conflict in the Middle East and more talking. However one thing is certain UAE and Saudi Arabia will still be anti Muslimbrotherhood and Erdogans government + Qatar will still support them. But maybe there's space to reconcile between the state actors.

Interesting times.

Constan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Since when we care about the relation with UAE ? It's not a big deal , we can keep the relation as it is.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,051
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is a big deal, when they are actively working against Turkey and supporting Turkeys adversaries.

Looks like the UAE have lost the crisis, if we can believe what the analysts are saying.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Uae where the countries natives are outnumbered by foreigners.

This why they will never be a regional power because the country lacks any sort of identity and cohesion.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,051
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Uae where the countries natives are outnumbered by foreigners.

This why they will never be a regional power because the country lacks any sort of identity and cohesion.

They can buy the foreign policy of a country the size of Egypt, I think they are fairly well considering their population.

Adıvar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
UAE, but;

"We want Ankara not to be the main supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood"...

Are we in any way supporting this illegal organisation MB?

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,051
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
F*ck UAE, but;

Remember Mursi? And Erdogans 4 fingers? Even the Libyan Turkish origin President is said to be close to the MB.

Reviewbrah

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They can buy the foreign policy of a country the size of Egypt, I think they are fairly well considering their population.

Their influence is limited to their checks. What happened in Libya? They tried to have a proxy war against a industrial military power. What they could supply to LNA was a limited to what they can buy from Russia and other countries while Turkey could adapt to threats. Modified TB2 with the SATCOM is one of the best examples.

UAE is well aware of this, they are trying build their own stuff now or at least buy their way into strategic systems such as UAVs (Adcom Systems), munitions (Halcon Systems) etc.

Constan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't want to restore the relation before get back what I want from them. I prefer a better relation with France and Egypt instead of UAE. UAE is in the bottom of the list.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Remember Mursi? And Erdogans 4 fingers? Even the Libyan Turkish origin President is said to be close to the MB.
As it is called “Ihvan” , it is a form of Muslim Brothers of Libya.
In Syria, Erdogan government became a staunch supporter of MB and fell out with Assad. So logically it is a difficult move to expect from him to stop supporting MB.
But if the parties can accept that Libya being not part of the equation; Erdogan only cares about his popularity and his seat. So it is feasible to expect him to find a solution with the Arab countries. Most importantly if behind closed doors he can accept non-support to Egyptian MB , the problem will be solved. Especially now with the current economical difficulties Turkey is facing, it could be possible to broker a good deal that could suit both parties.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I don't want to restore the relation before get back what I want from them. I prefer a better relation with France and Egypt instead of UAE. UAE is in the bottom of the list.
if they Purchase 2 billion$ army technology why not? other than that, their being like enemy works good for Turkey as it let Turkey to make more operations around..

BordoEnes

Committed member
Reactions
2 866
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Emirates should do what they always do, spent some goddamn paper to buy our loyalty back. If they can shit out money for Haftar then they should be ready to compensate for years of aggresive and direct opposition towards Turkey, possibly costing the lives of many of our soldiers and allies. I would rather be best friend with Armenians and PKK before i even consider reconciling with UAE. A goddamn minority in their own semi-slave driven country.

Constan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
if they Purchase 2 billion$ army technology why not? other than that, their being like enemy works good for Turkey as it let Turkey to make more operations around..
I'm not saying we should stop trade with UAE. If I want to choose between UAE and Israel I will go for Israel.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,005
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
UAE, but;

There is historical reasons why the Brotherhood supports Turkiye all the time.

Due to the founder having a postive view of The Turks and the Ottomans.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
The relations were normal a few years back. What is changed then, did the relations go down because of Qatar or are there any other reason? I missed that part.

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 4,998
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
The relations were normal a few years back. What is changed then, did the relations go down because of Qatar or are there any other reason? I missed that part.
UAE thought it could use its oil money to expand its influence. It saw Turkey as a threat and so attempted to counter Turkish ambitions not only with diplomatic support for Turkey's adversaries but also by providing weapons. This failed after Haftar's campaign was halted.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,282
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A defense and military cooperation memorandum was signed between the Greek Cypriot Administration (GCA) and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

According to the news in the Greek press, the defense ministers of the GASC and UAE signed the memorandum via teleconference.

Speaking during the meeting, Greek Defense Minister Haralambos Petridis stated that they wish to establish a mutually beneficial cooperation between the military forces of the two countries.

And the adventure of reconciliation between Turkey and the UAE, was finished before it begins. :sneaky: :cool:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Illegal in whose view?
In the eyes of the subject countries’ governments, these groups are same as what PKK is to us. They are direct danger to their monarchical state in UAE , Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. MB , are the largest in Egypt. They had even won the last election. Now been suppressed by the current junta dictatorship and declared as illegal.
If we and the rest of the countries of the world and United Nations are accepting the current governments in the above states as ”legitimate”, then the MB has to be an illegal movement in each of these countries.

Top Bottom