Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

WTF! How can there be no control on waste imports!

It should be fucking easy, you establish police checkpoints across the country that controls and registers, and digitalize it, so corruption is countered.

Then you have final check at the dumpster. Drivers and companies should deposit 50% of the value of the trash as guarentee. They'll get their money back if they deliver instead of dumping it on a roadside.

Register ID, and face+ thumb print of drivers, or transporters.

Last edited:

King_West

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium

It should be fucking easy, you establish police checkpoints across the country that controls and registers, and digitalize it, so corruption is countered.

Then you have final check at the dumpster. Drivers and companies should deposit 50% of the value of the trash as guarentee. They'll get their money back if they deliver instead of dumping it on a roadside.

Our whole koy is full of european waste. Its been like that for years. Its a disgrace

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Our whole koy is full of european waste. Its been like that for years. Its a disgrace
Officials are responsible and should have police investigate it. Do you know if any such actions have been taken?

central surveillance systems could help register vehicles moving in and out of cities. Register license plate etc. connect them to central database with information.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

This news comes out every couple of years, it is a well known issue continuing for years. Same goes for Sweden, they are getting garbage from Europe but burn for power or recycle. Turkey should do the same. Burning could be done cleaner with some technologies. China is the dumping ground of US, in recent years they started to refuse or regulate because of quality. These western countries are hypocrites, you can't be environmentally friendly if you dump your stuff to your neighbour and keep your garden clean.

King_West

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
Officials are responsible and should have police investigate it. Do you know if any such actions have been taken?

central surveillance systems could help register vehicles moving in and out of cities. Register license plate etc. connect them to central database with information.
No actions have been taken bro. Its been going on for years.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Searching for gold using Cyanide... isn't that dangerous for the environment ? What about safety procedures and such ?
Its very very toxic, tonns of highly toxic cyanide is being used and then stored in open air dams, one such dam broke in Hungary causing a huge environmental disaster.

1621446645786.png

1621446669095.png

A

Akhtar

This news comes out every couple of years, it is a well known issue continuing for years. Same goes for Sweden, they are getting garbage from Europe but burn for power or recycle. Turkey should do the same. Burning could be done cleaner with some technologies. China is the dumping ground of US, in recent years they started to refuse or regulate because of quality. These western countries are hypocrites, you can't be environmentally friendly if you dump your stuff to your neighbour and keep your garden clean.

There's good money in it for the rulers. It's like the EU refugee deal. Sure Turkey can amend laws to deal with the refugee crisis and this plastic waste dump, but then they'd lose out on $$$

Also:

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was in Turkey last week and shocked about the garbage issues. I saw multiple illegal garbage dumps outside the city.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Its very very toxic, tonns of highly toxic cyanide is being used and then stored in open air dams, one such dam broke in Hungary causing a huge environmental disaster.

View attachment 21142

View attachment 21143
Looks exactly like west coast of TRNC, there was a gold mine there before the war, after war mine remained in the bufferzone and some parts left in South and others in North, no mining like 50 years, but there are toxic lakes, pools, red soil and bad smell everywhere..Today still exists.. We don't have funds to clear it also it is a cross border issue and British Company left the Island after the war, without taking any responsibility... Cyanide is a crime against nature..

KKF 2.0

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Take a look at this Twitter Account is rather Amazing how much forestation is going on.
Especially with burned forests.

Burned forests are reforested. Maybe it won't be in the news, but you should know anyway.

85,000 saplings of species such as cedar, Scotch pine, almond, walnut and birch were planted on the site in Bitlis.
Congratulations to Elazig OBM and its teams. Bitlis, Stallion Lake

300 hectares field in Malatya. Would you look at the beauty of labor ... Deciduous treeEvergreen tree
Well done to Elazig OBM and its Staff.

It was burnt, finished, turned into ashes. It was raised from the ashes. Canakkale, Intepe

There are some people who leave a legacy for the future by painting bare lands green for a “Greener Turkey”. Denizli, Serinhisar

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey is currently 27th in the World in overall Forest Area

1623184303469.png

Note How most Countries are shrinking in Forest area overtime but Turkey is growing.
In 2023 Turkey will be 24th with approx. 23,400K Hectares.

This is Astonishing.

There are people who embroider those mountains and hills. Sapling 130 thousand saplings of species such as cedar, blue cypress, pine, hawthorn, acacia, oleaster, almond and mahalep were planted on the field in Malatya.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 22474

Note How most Countries are shrinking in Forest area overtime but Turkey is growing.

This is Astonishing.

There are people who embroider those mountains and hills. Sapling 130 thousand saplings of species such as cedar, blue cypress, pine, hawthorn, acacia, oleaster, almond and mahalep were planted on the field in Malatya.

Good but still a long way to go as seen on the sattelite pictures.

1623185487947.png

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Good but still a long way
Pakistan is even more dry and with less green cover. But a huge 10 billion Tree Tsunami project is out to plant that many trees across the country. The figure has already hit 1 billion.

1623187425941.png

1623187203709.png

1623187325806.png

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 22474

This is Astonishing.

I would invest in this. 0 interest I just want my money back if I invest 100k USD that's the exact amount I'd want back be it 5-10 years wouldn't matter. The state can't get a better investor than that.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,042
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I would invest in this. 0 interest I just want my money back if I invest 100k USD that's the exact amount I'd want back be it 5-10 years wouldn't matter. The state can't get a better investor than that.

The thing is, forest can be profitable. Buy your own, cut and sell the old ones and plant new trees. It requires a lot of capital but the Scandinavian countries have been doing it for decades.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,707
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
The thing is, forest can be profitable. Buy your own, cut and sell the old ones and plant new trees. It requires a lot of capital but the Scandinavian countries have been doing it for decades.
The land in Scandinavia is lush and insanely fertile. Can't compare it with Turkey. But it's true, active forestry could bring in money. We'd just need to reach same level of fertility as Scandinavia, Canada etc.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom