Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How many T/R Modules would this AESA radar have as GaAs?

You can reach an aprox TRM number by counting them. This opening on AESA have around 180+ GaN TRM

aselsan_AESA_radar.jpg

Raptor

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
You can reach an aprox TRM number by counting them. This opening on AESA have around 180+ GaN TRM.

[/img]https://images.app.goo.gl/Ed2icM23t7XsrKFP7
Btw how much time till this GAN Aesa radar gets ready.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
122 15,023
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Btw how much time till this GAN Aesa radar gets ready.
According to today’s news made by a leading defence magazine columnist, it is already being tested On f16.
The president of defence undersecretariat, Professor Demir, had stated last autumn that we should see it on our f16’s fairly shortly. These things are covered by certain amount of secrecy until they are fully ready. So we are in the wait.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 17,237
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I posted a reply huelague and i dont know why it got deleted why his is still .
I can see a lot of hate from seculars towards current government , but beofre i leave this website i can say to all seculars thay keep going on hating , nothing will change and all of you will still complain and do nothing turkey will go on to its way to the top .
And there is no more space for secualrs in turkey and their filthy agendas to the west
If you want to continue a political discussion you can quote @Huelague in the political thread.

Raptor

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
These guys aren't good when it comes to defence analysis
Defence matrix channel is much better,anyways.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Turkey still has many fighters, no need to buy Russian fighters, but it could be related to TFX engine, something similar like how Chinese bought 24 SU 35. Precondition deal to get engine supply approval for J 20 program.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey still has many fighters, no need to buy Russian fighters, but it could be related to TFX engine, something similar like how Chinese bought 24 SU 35. Precondition deal to get engine supply approval for J 20 program.
I think it's too early to say anything. It's like testing the waters. So it has to get a lot more dirty before you can really say whether the US will offer, or EU allies will offer planes.

But if Turkey decides to buy Russian planes, the EU will come running, but only after Turkey makes the decision to buy Russian plane. Because that would literally be the worst possible outcome for NATO and Turkey.

So in a way Turkey is saying, come with offers before we decide to go for Russian planes.

Man I hope the RR engine comes and we get hurjet up and flying much quicker ffs.

astragan

Reactions
1 120
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is funny how people think that TuAF would buy anything from Russia. TuAF is completely based on the NATO infrastructure. When you buy Russian planes, you need Russian radars, guidance systems, satellite links, mission computers etc. You can’t even select your own domestically developed missile, let alone any other NATO missiles in the TuAF inventory. In addition to the complexity of educating a new generation of pilots who need to train on Russian systems instead of NATO systems (or domestic systems), the maintenance of those planes becomes an absolute nightmare. We have really experienced maintenance crews that have worked on numerous GE engines, NATO as well as domestic systems and sub-systems. You can’t just educate hundreds of people once again for just 20 or 30 planes. You need to completely overhaul your maintenance infrastructure. You need to establish yet another logistics network and that itself is an impossibility on its own. Look at countries that have purchased systems from both sides. Look at the state of their aircraft. They can’t even fly them. Even drones are very hard to operate when you don’t have a secure logistics network. Look at Iraq. They can’t even fly something as simple as a drone because they can’t keep them maintained.

Despite its aging fleet, TuAF is still one of the most combat-ready and mission capable air forces in the world, as proven by its massive operations in Northern Iraq, Syria and East Med.

Top Bottom