Reactions
113 14,735
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Yasar
I guess its time to throw a party😂
It sure is. This is the news I have been waiting for. This also means Aesa radar test results are probably promising enough to warrant the pressing the start button on Ozgur.

(somebody must have been reading about all my whining and complaining with respect to Ozgur being delayed etc. and decided to shut me up! )😂

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Within the scope of ÖZGÜR Project, ASELSAN production Helmet Integrated Control System will be integrated into the F16T aircrafts.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,845
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It sure is. This is the news I have been waiting for. This also means Aesa radar test results are probably promising enough to warrant the pressing the start button on Ozgur.

(somebody must have been reading about all my whining and complaining with respect to Ozgur being delayed etc. and decided to shut me up! )😂
Which package will bring our Ozgur project to us? Expect the Aesa radar

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,735
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which package will bring our Ozgur project to us? Expect the Aesa radar
Can you please open the question a bit more and explain what you mean about “package”?

ps I guess you meant, “except“ the Aesa radar?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,845
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can you please open the question a bit more and explain what you mean about “package”?

ps I guess you meant, “except“ the Aesa radar?
Which updates/upgrades comes with Ozgur project?

1. lifespan from 8000/h to 12000/h
2. New avionic/cockpit sytems
3. New pilot helmet
4. AESA radar
5. link-16
what I remember.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,735
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which updates/upgrades comes with Ozgur project?

1. lifespan from 8000/h to 12000/h
2. New avionic/cockpit sytems
3. New pilot helmet
4. AESA radar
5. link-16
what I remember.
OK thanks !
1. Lifespan upgrade is not part of the Ozgur. They were for Block 30 only. Ozgur is for all aircrafts.
2. New avionics and cockpit system are definitely part of Ozgur.
3. The new helmet too is part of Ozgur. Although CCIP upgrade gave some form of Helmet cueing capability, Aselsan Helmet design will come with more upgrades for the Ozgur project.
4. Aesa too is a vital part of the Ozgur.
5. the Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing System, Link 16 data link, were added to the f16’s through CCIP upgrade package of 2005. This will be added to the Planes.
5. indigenous IFF system too will be added to Ozgur.

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr. Muhammet Mustafa Akkul about Murad AESA radar:

"It will be a very important technological leap for us. You can hear from the press that the Greeks are now getting active electronic scanning antennas for their F-16s. The first set even went to America for modifications. We are also developing a radar capable of active electronic scanning for our own F16s. This of course has great advantages. Especially when you enter Air Combat, it has great advantages over radars with standard mechanical steerable antennas. We will use this radar and the structures that use the building blocks of this radar in both Aknca and the F-16. What we learn from here, of course, creates a wealth of knowledge while making the nose radar of the National Combat Aircraft. An important technological development for us. Hopefully, we will integrate Akıncı until the end of 2021 and we will start the integration studies with the F-16 in 2022. MMU is already targeted to 2026.”

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,034
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Greeks seem to take two different stance towards Turkish developments:

1: "Look what the Turks are doing and we can't even produce bullets, we need to invest in domestic arms industry."
2:"Turks will never manage to complete this project, it will be a failure gen 4 aircraft that will feed our rafales."

Seriously if they are laughing why dont they make it?

Its easy to buy shit rather than building.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F16 Özgür vs Block 70

ec53b3daef7ed3243bc74a465d4f88cf4fbefbcd_s2_n1.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,735
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Latest developments on Turkish aviation projects

-Hürjet body production has been completed and will be delivered to the relevant department on June 10
-Hürjet will be able to carry more than 5 tons of ammunition
-TFX part production is about to be completed. Assembly phase will begin soon.
- The first package of F110 engines to be used in TFX Blk-0 was delivered to Tusaş.
-Gökdoğan and Bozdoğan missiles are getting ready for mass production.
-Serial modernization started in the F16 Özgür project. Aselsan product HMD system will be used in Özgür aircraft
-Murad AESA radar will start flight tests with Akinci this year and will be integrated into F16 Özgür aircrafts in 2023.
The last point in your post is a bit confusing. We have been waiting all this time for Ozgur modernisation because the Aselsan Aesa radar was not ready. Now it is suggested that the Murad radar is going through integration process and tests , means that the radar is almost ready to be operational on a plane (There must be a prototype or two being tested on some platform now)
An Ozgur plane with all avionics of Ozgur modernisation fitted without the Aselsan’s Aesa radar doesn’t make sense. If the first Ozgur plane is to be delivered end of this year, it has to be with the Aesa radar. Without this radar the plane will be like sending a lion to hunt without teeth and claws.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The last point in your post is a bit confusing. We have been waiting all this time for Ozgur modernisation because the Aselsan Aesa radar was not ready. Now it is suggested that the Murad radar is going through integration process and tests , means that the radar is almost ready to be operational on a plane (There must be a prototype or two being tested on some platform now)
An Ozgur plane with all avionics of Ozgur modernisation fitted without the Aselsan’s Aesa radar doesn’t make sense. If the first Ozgur plane is to be delivered end of this year, it has to be with the Aesa radar. Without this radar the plane will be like sending a lion to hunt without teeth and claws.

Probably next year, Blk30s will be ready for Murad radar integration with new conputer, OFP software, link and avionics. After the radar is passed all tests and qualified, the serial integration process will begin.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,690
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first F-16 block 30 will start receiving the Özgür modernization sometime this year. F-16 block 30T will use existing AN/APG-68v9 until MURAD is completed.
MURAD will probably be tested for a year on the AKINCI platform tests will start this year.
A prototype MURAD will also be integrated into the prototype Özgür fighter. This will happen sometime in 2023 after some progress is made on the AKINCI platform.
Upgraded F-16 Block 30T Özgür fighters will receive AESA radar upgrade.

F-16 Block 30T will continue getting upgrades. FEWS(Fighter Electronic Warfare System) is one of them. EH/ED(ESM/ECM) pod national A-A missiles Gökdoğan, Bozdoğan, Gökhan.

Tubitak SAGE will mass-produce A-A missiles. I don't agree with this decision as the production rate will be low. We need at least 400 Bozdoğan and 800 Gökdoğan.

BTW Block 40s and block 50s will be upgraded too.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom