TR F-16 Özgür | Hürkuş - Fighter Trainer Aircraft Projects

MarcusZidanta

Reactions
1 74
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys let's not derail, you people won't be naming the project so no need to discuss it. Let's focus on the build quality and features not negligible things like the name of the thing.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think these screenshots are taken before the text fully appeared on the screen.

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
if you discard the 2 batteries of S400 and 30 odd helicopter purchases and some small quantity of ATGMs bought in the past there hasn’t been any Russian input in to Turkish defence equipment.
nearly all the eastern bloc weapons purchases before the S400s were actually bought from Germany, as they were used to belong to East Germany ;)

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,719
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
nearly all the eastern bloc weapons purchases before the S400s were actually bought from Germany, as they were used to belong to East Germany ;)
I think we bought 74 Konkurs and 80 Kornet ATGMs directly from Russia. Also a small number of Igla man pads for evaluation. Also 19 Mi-17 helicopters were purchased from Russia in the 90s.

M

Manomed

I think we bought 74 Konkurs and 80 Kornet ATGMs directly from Russia. Also a small number of Igla man pads for evaluation. Also 19 Mi-17 helicopters were purchased from Russia in the 90s.

Helicopters weren't purchased but given to us because of Russian debt.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,719
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Helicopters weren't purchased but given to us because of Russian debt.
The site I shared says Turkey bought 19 helicopters. If Russia couldn’t pay a debt and we bought these as payment comes to the same result.
But the point you guys are making that “Turkey did not buy these helicopters knowingly and because she needed it. “
is noted.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MI17s are not bad helis. I don't think that was a bad purchase but that is definitelly making logistics harder. And also we are dependent to other countries for maintenance.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,719
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
MI17s are not bad helis. I don't think that was a bad purchase but that is definitelly making logistics harder. And also we are dependent to other countries for maintenance.
I think you will find that Turkiye is now doing all maintenance related to Mi-17s. Even the Hungarian Mi-17s are being maintained in Turkey.

Siper>MMU

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,194
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you will find that Turkiye is now doing all maintenance related to Mi-17s. Even the Hungarian Mi-17s are being maintained in Turkey.
They chose Ukraine for maintenance last year.

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mi-17 is better than NH-90.
NH-90 is over-engineered. Militaries need something that just works and is relatively easy to maintane. There is a reason why the Black-Hawk and Mi-17 are the most built and sold helicopters out there.

As a side note:

While more and more NH-90 and Tiger users are jumping boat guess who is waiting for delivery of its NH-90? Starts with a G and ends with reece. We should thank them that they bought NH-90 choppers instead of new S-70i/UH-60 from the US. They will be lucky if the can keep 20% of them in the air for half an hour.

Maybe they can ask to be gifted the helicopters Norway will return. Wouldn't be beneath them honestly.

But this is all off-topic so we should stop.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 354
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
well said. Mi-17 /8 is a workhorse that doesn't complain of any condition. nh-90 is a giant diecast model.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Hüseyin Fazla was one of the two pilots aboard the Hurkus that crashed in 2020. He survived with a couple of fractures (including his neck) and scars. Both pilots decided to eject when they encountered a flight control issue with the airplane.

"The aircraft suddenly got into a pitching motion (?), then it became uncontrollable. We ejected 14 seconds after the start of the ordeal." he says.

The incident occurred during a training flight. The pilot in question seemed glad about the Air Force's decision not to accept it into service. He added that it would've been impossible for a lieutenant to address the problem, and act as fast as they did.

According to him the accident was investigated by the Turkish Air Force and reports were confidential.

FV2KihlXwAERCtL.jpeg

FV2Kg7CXsAEMqub.jpeg

I hope TAI fixed whatever was wrong with the aircraft and learned their lesson. This can't happen with Hurjet or MMU.

I think the Hurkus program has been problematic enough. The reason why they're designing a new Hurkus proves it. I think some people have been too critical of the Air Force Command regarding this topic. But if an aircraft fails to meet requirements, then that's that. We shouldn't question it no further. We can't risk the lives of our young pilots despite how proud we feel about Hurkus. Us not releasing accident reports is also so f*cking dumb but that's another topic.

I felt sad reading Mr. Hüseyin's comments today. I sincerely hope it never happens again.

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,949
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
TAI Hürkus project additional Information.

The Trainer Aircraft has crashed in 22.06.2020
> 2 Pilots Survived the Accident.

View attachment 45187

1 Of the Pilot is Hüseyin Fazla.
He made a Statement on the Crash.

"Hürkuş... At this time, I was performing one of my usual flights in the air with the flight number 102. June 22, 2020. At 12:21, the plane suddenly started making forehead-like movements, it became uncontrollable. We jumped 14 seconds after the start of the move"

View attachment 45188 View attachment 45189

"I passed out. The parachute was opened as a result of automatic sequencing with the jumping command given. I landed on the ground in 3.5 minutes. I came to myself. I said we are alive, thank God. The other pilot also survived, thank goodness.
I was born again that day. My age was 55. I reset it."

"I survived the accident with a few fractures as well as a neck fracture."
"Life is good. You have to know your worth. It is unknown when it will end. We were brought back to life at the last moment, near miss."

View attachment 45190

Additional Answer from Fazla:

This was not a test flight, Sir. It was a training flight.

Normally, the Air Force would take delivery of these planes on June 1, 2018, but it did not take it because it did not meet the contract requirements.
Good thing they didn't. If these accident conditions had happened to a lieutenant, it would have been almost impossible for him to notice and jump.

Air Force inspected. The report is confidential. They listed strong probabilities in three Points.
Posting here might get me in trouble.

The timing was nice

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hüseyin Fazla was one of the two pilots aboard the Hurkus that crashed in 2020. He survived with a couple of fractures (including his neck) and scars. Both pilots decided to eject when they encountered a flight control issue with the airplane.

"The aircraft suddenly got into a pitching motion (?), then it became uncontrollable. We ejected 14 seconds after the start of the ordeal." he says.

The incident occurred during a training flight. The pilot in question seemed glad about the Air Force's decision not to accept it into service. He added that it would've been impossible for a lieutenant to address the problem, and act as fast as they did.

According to him the accident was investigated by the Turkish Air Force and reports were confidential.

View attachment 45185

View attachment 45186

I hope TAI fixed whatever was wrong with the aircraft and learned their lesson. This can't happen with Hurjet or MMU.

I think the Hurkus program has been problematic enough. The reason why they're designing a new Hurkus proves it. I think some people have been too critical of the Air Force Command regarding this topic. But if an aircraft fails to meet requirements, then that's that. We shouldn't question it no further. We can't risk the lives of our young pilots despite how proud we feel about Hurkus. Us not releasing accident reports is also so f*cking dumb but that's another topic.

I felt sad reading Mr. Hüseyin's comments today. I sincerely hope it never happens again.
How do we know if it is not the pilots' fault, we don't.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom