Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,585
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
pure speculation however what we may see on Kızılelma in the future in one way or another (eventually) esepecially if we consider the role we dedicated to Kızılelme

-an EWS interoperable with AESA radar

- Aselsan Radar Warning Receiver
Long range detection with highly sensitive receivers
Fast threat detection, threat classification and identification of the threats defined in the Mission Data File
Handling Pulse, CW and complex (any combination of pulse and CW signals) radar signals
Long range detection and high Probability of Intercept
High accuracy of Direction of Arrival with 3600 coverage in azimuth
Operability in very dense threat environment
Fully programmable Mission Data File architecture
Detection capability for threats specified as “unknown threat”

-Aselsan Missile Warning System

Missile Warning System based on passive ultraviolet technology
3600 spatial coverage in azimuth by 4 sensors
4 steradian spatial coverage by 6 sensors
High probability of detection
High spatial resolution
Low False Alarm Rate (FAR)
Detection of missile threats at initial launch phases (provides maximum time for countermeasures)
Fast reaction for countermeasure dispensing
Multiple threat analysis and tracking capability
No need for special cooling

- towed RF decoy

-In flight refueling

- I strongly belive that Kızılelma will be the first air platform we have with a super cruise capability befor MMU... ok may be not with high mach figures but will be capable of supersonic flight without using afterburner.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I strongly belive that Kızılelma will be the first air platform we have with a super cruise capability befor MMU... ok may be not with high mach figures but will be capable of supersonic flight without using afterburner.
Why? I might be wrong but neither TF-6000 nor the Ukranian engine they are using now has that capability as far as I can remember. Why would it be able to supercruise when the engines it does/might use doesn't have that capability?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,828
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

The part about improved KE abilities comes to mind.

Two last part mentions:
- Take off and landing on short runway.
- AESA radar for higher situational awareness.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am more excited to see the news (TEI TF-6000 engine ignited for the first time & Aselsan Murad AESA Radar is ready for mass production) rather than KAAN's maiden flight.
Yeah, first flight will be cool and we'll all feel the pride and all of that, but Kaan still has years of tests and development left, and even after all that, if we can't get the engine or the radar in time, it'll be like a bird with broken wings.

In my opinion, TF-6000 will make or break a lot of our other projects, depending on its success and how smooth the test process is going to be.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
if we can't get the engine or the radar in time, it'll be like a bird with broken wings.
Our geography is boiling. In this geopolitical environment, we urgently need functional air power. The only way to do this is through domestic radar and domestic engine. If we had not been proactive and developed Hisar/Siper, Hürjet, drones and guided munitions, our situation would have been much much more hopeless. While I don't think the Murad AESA radar will be delayed much, there is a gargantuan "engine" boulder blocking our path. For this reason, I think the TF-6000 project is even more critical than the Kaan project.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
21 2,355
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is this the simulator for the F-16 ÖZGÜR modernization?

20231231_143918.jpg

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

"AESA tabanlı milli uçak radarı MURAD’ı, AKINCI İHA’ya ve jet uçağımıza entegre ettik,"

MURAD has been integrated to a jet aircraft and Akıncı.

"Milli Muharip Uçağımız KAAN pilotlarının havadaki gözü olacak TULGAR’ın ilk prototip üretimini tamamladık,"

First prototype of TULGAR HMD for KAAN was completed

"F16’larımız için geliştirdiğimiz IFF Birleşik Sorgulayıcı Cevaplayıcı teslimatını yaptık,"

Integrated IFF system deliveries for the F-16s are ongoing

"Milli Muharip Uçak haberleşme alt sistemi (ICNI) prototipinin tasarımını tamamladık ve teslimatını yaptık. "

Design, production and delivery of the first ICNI prototype for the KAAN was completed. ICNI consists of the communication and navigation systems of the aircraft like the DL, IFF, INS/GPS, TACAN etc
One thing you didn't mention from his tweet, apparently we fit Mark 81 with Aselsan guidance kit, LGK-81, and fired it from Hürkuş. That's a pretty decent option to have for a turboprop light attack craft.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,674
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
One thing you didn't mention from his tweet, apparently we fit Mark 81 with Aselsan guidance kit, LGK-81, and fired it from Hürkuş. That's a pretty decent option to have for a turboprop light attack craft.
Chad uses Anka, Niger TB2. Suffice to say, they can use something bigger than MAMs now. What awesome capability to have for armed forces of their caliber.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Chad uses Anka, Niger TB2. Suffice to say, they can use something bigger than MAMs now. What awesome capability to have for armed forces of their caliber.
Nah, Mk-81 is around 100kgs, it is still too heavy for TB-2 or Anka. Maybe an UAV version of Umtas-GM can be made for them? Or Alpagut it should be around 45 kgs with 11kg warhead.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,674
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nah, Mk-81 is around 100kgs, it is still too heavy for TB-2 or Anka. Maybe an UAV version of Umtas-GM can be made for them? Or Alpagut it should be around 45 kgs with 11kg warhead.
As in, drones lase the target, Hürkuş drops it. From Chad's desert deployment, Hürkuş didn't have an onboard EO.

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 254
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I still don't understand the armed version of Hürküs. The cost of an aircraft of this type is probably 40 - 50 million US dollars.
The Aircraft as a Trainer makes sense for training, but as a combat aircraft these things make absolutely no sense. The cost = benefit factor is not obvious to me.
Yes, it has the advantage of being able to land on unpaved landing sites, especially at military bases in enemy territory
But when will there ever be a situation where this is really necessary....
These things are much slower and can't fly any higher than a modern fighter jet.
If these things cost 15-20 million dollars each, I would still understand it and you could build a fleet of 100-150 of them to give young aspiring fighter pilots a routine away from simulators and trainer planes.
They could use it to monitor the coasts and it would also be enough for the PKK & YPG, Drug Cartels, Pirates/Smuggler,
they don't have a functioning modern air defense system anyway.
But these things are just too expensive, with the money you can probably build 2-3 Akinci or Aksungur who can also fulfill this task.

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I still don't understand the armed version of Hürküs. The cost of an aircraft of this type is probably 40 - 50 million US dollars.
The Aircraft as a Trainer makes sense for training, but as a combat aircraft these things make absolutely no sense. The cost = benefit factor is not obvious to me.
Yes, it has the advantage of being able to land on unpaved landing sites, especially at military bases in enemy territory
But when will there ever be a situation where this is really necessary....
These things are much slower and can't fly any higher than a modern fighter jet.
If these things cost 15-20 million dollars each, I would still understand it and you could build a fleet of 100-150 of them to give young aspiring fighter pilots a routine away from simulators and trainer planes.
They could use it to monitor the coasts and it would also be enough for the PKK & YPG.
But these things are just too expensive, with the money you can probably build 2-3 Akinci or Aksungur.
US Special Forces Command just ordered turboprop AT-802U for armed reconnaissance and close air support because they wanted a low cost option. Armed version would be used the same way, armed recon and CAS, with good payload capacity and options. We can use them in counter-terrorism operations instead of using our jets and putting unnecessary flight hours on them.

And there is no way Hürkuş costs that much, unless you have a proof, that is almost 80% of a jet fighter.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom