Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's the idea, block 30-40 to Özgür, 50+ CCIP to 70
Nope block 40 and 50+ to V and block 30, 40 and 50 to Özgür-II.

The first Özgür-II delivery for block 30 will be made in 2025. All block 30s will be upgraded to Özgür-II standard in 2027. Block 40 and 50 deliveries will start in 2028 and end in 2030.

Özgür-II consists of air-to-air (including Gökhan) and air-to-ground weapon integration, AESA radar integration, FEWS(Fighter Electronic Warfare System) integration. Next-generation Aselpod integration, integration of national EW pods, T-Link integration. Currently, Özgür-II modernization is going on and it is a continuous process.

Block 40 and 50 will undergo structural modernization with kits provided by LM before the Özgür-II modernization.

Last edited:

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope block 40 and 50+ to V and block 30, 40 and 50 to Özgür-II.

The first Özgür-II delivery for block 30 will be made in 2025. All block 30s will be upgraded to Özgür-II standard in 2027. Block 40 and 50 deliveries will start in 2028 and end in 2030.

Özgür-II consists of air-to-air (including Gökhan) and air-to-ground weapon integration, AESA radar integration, FEWS(Fighter Electronic Warfare System) integration. Next-generation Aselpod integration, integration of national EW pods, T-Link integration. Currently, Özgür-II modernization is going on and it is a continuous process.

Block 40 and 50 will undergo structural modernization with kits provided by LM before the Özgür-II modernization.
Is the divide between Block 40 those that have gone CCIP and those that didn't?

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
America created and delivered a weapon strong enough to physically destroy fast incoming missiles (up to 100KW) via an airborne laser pod on THEIR F-16s.
I doubt they will sell it to us.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/laser-weapons-coming-f-35-f-15-and-f-16s-187539

We should and with BILGEM assistance COULD do the same.
Even if Greek F-35s shoot first that shouldn't mean we must die first. We could take down their F35s even with our Özgür F-16s. Here is how:
We could easily have 100+km detection tracking range against F35 with modern IRST and can hit them with IR/RF dual seeker Gökhan, Gökdoğan BVR missile variants. While shooting down incoming missiles with our Özgür laser pod!

On their side of the secret projects, Americans are far ahead of rest of the planet with their unannounced long range lasers. 3 clues to their existence.

1- Remember when Putin said "Americans were not impressed with our hypersonic Kinzhal cruise missile and that made me very uncomfortable." ?

2- There was also this leaked memo delivered to all top brass of US armed forces a few years back outlining NOW they can win a nuclear war with Russia. How else but with space based lasers?

3- "Lockheed is supremely confident in their laser tech. As another exec, Paul Shattuck, boasted on an earlier occasion: “Our beam control technology enables precision equivalent to shooting a beach ball off the top of the Empire State Building from the San Francisco Bay Bridge.” (A.R.)."

That is close to 4500km extremely precise targeting range. They must also solved the issue of blooming. All those Reagan years of Star Wars, laser defense system development didn't just disappear, they just went silent for operational security apparently!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

https://incisivnational.ro/how-do-y...d-air-force-fighters-over-the-next-few-years/

Last edited:

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is your source for that?

Looks like he is talking about this

But it is not ready, yet.

Actually when you think about it, imho one of the many criterias for a 6th gen fighter jet will be a integrated laser missile defence system (so not as a pod, but inside the jet).

Reactions
2 74
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
America created and delivered a weapon strong enough to physically destroy fast incoming missiles (up to 100KW) via an airborne laser pod on THEIR F-16s.
I doubt they will sell it to us.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/laser-weapons-coming-f-35-f-15-and-f-16s-187539

We should and with BILGEM assistance COULD do the same.
Even if Greek F-35s shoot first that shouldn't mean we must die first. We could take down their F35s even with our Özgür F-16s. Here is how:
We could easily have 100+km detection tracking range against F35 with modern IRST and can hit them with IR/RF dual seeker Gökhan, Gökdoğan BVR missile variants. While shooting down incoming missiles with our Özgür laser pod!

On their side of the secret projects, Americans are far ahead of rest of the planet with their unannounced long range lasers. 3 clues to their existence.

1- Remember when Putin said "Americans were not impressed with our hypersonic Kinzhal cruise missile and that made me very uncomfortable." ?

2- There was also this leaked memo delivered to all top brass of US armed forces a few years back outlining NOW they can win a nuclear war with Russia. How else but with space based lasers?

3- "Lockheed is supremely confident in their laser tech. As another exec, Paul Shattuck, boasted on an earlier occasion: “Our beam control technology enables precision equivalent to shooting a beach ball off the top of the Empire State Building from the San Francisco Bay Bridge.” (A.R.)."

That is close to 4500km extremely precise targeting range. They must also solved the issue of blooming. All those Reagan years of Star Wars, laser defense system development didn't just disappear, they just went silent for operational security apparently!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defense_Initiative

https://incisivnational.ro/how-do-y...d-air-force-fighters-over-the-next-few-years/
Think about how much electricity is required for this. Creating lasers on a plane seems crazy to me.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Think about how much electricity is required for this. Creating lasers on a plane seems crazy to me.
Turbine engines generate huge amounts of power. Lets say you took F135 and converted one into an electricity generator. It would be around 20 mW I think. But obviously it wouldn't fly then. Its currently generating 160kW and they are thinking of increasing it to 400. Imagine a 6th gen fighter with two of those, or imagine a heavy bomber with 1 dedicated electricity generator. I think US is trying to do something like that for their version of E7 Awacs. The radar on that could act like microwave weapon lol

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Laser-based DIRCM is nothing new. If you increase the output power voila here is your laser weapon that can fry missiles. It is easier said than done.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,243
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Laser-based DIRCM is nothing new. If you increase the output power voila here is your laser weapon that can fry missiles.
That's easier said than done I presume...

I wonder if this concept somehow gets traction, would we see bigger planes with more payloads and enhanced-DIRCM point defense. I'm talking 747 big. More probably the jobs would be delegated and separated into a fleet but it's fun to think about a gigantic flying murder robot dominating the airspace.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I wonder if this concept somehow gets traction, would we see bigger planes with more payloads and enhanced-DIRCM point defense. I'm talking 747 big. More probably the jobs would be delegated and separated into a fleet but it's fun to think about a gigantic flying murder robot dominating the airspace.
Nope i oversimplified things like it is easy to do but in reality creating x kw of laser beam for y second on an airborne vehicle is not easy but the main idea is simple enough.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Laser-based DIRCM is nothing new. If you increase the output power voila here is your laser weapon that can fry missiles. It is easier said than done.
Destroying the missile is not as hard as it sounds. There is even a battery powered Turkish drone with ability to destroy bombs, household metal gas cylinders PKK uses. Modern DIRCM can focus its beam on the IR seeker or the control surfaces etc. So targeting isn't an issue either. It should have been more widespread in year 2024. But because America keeps her laser weapon tech top secret since Reagan days, we have to wait for THEM to bring up F-16 laser pods, to make most people even here realize it is not that hard at all.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

They did make something like that but they left the project. The problem is generating the power. But againg this was againg BM, compared to BM a2a missile are hittig a bullet with laser.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Destroying the missile is not as hard as it sounds. There is even a battery powered Turkish drone with ability to destroy bombs, household metal gas cylinders PKK uses. Modern DIRCM can focus its beam on the IR seeker or the control surfaces etc. So targeting isn't an issue either. It should have been more widespread in year 2024. But because America keeps her laser weapon tech top secret since Reagan days, we have to wait for THEM to bring up F-16 laser pods, to make most people even here realize it is not that hard at all.
You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare using laser against a stationary simple canister vs using a laser from a moving plane against an even faster moving missile that is made from sterner stuff. The lower the output of the laser, the more time it needs on the target, the higher the output, the bulkier the generator has to be. There is a reason 300-500 kw laser all come in almost shipping container sized units.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 443
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You're comparing apples to oranges when you compare using laser against a stationary simple canister vs using a laser from a moving plane against an even faster moving missile that is made from sterner stuff. The lower the output of the laser, the more time it needs on the target, the higher the output, the bulkier the generator has to be. There is a reason 300-500 kw laser all come in almost shipping container sized units.
When you use even a weak laser for a relatively much shorter period against a very sensitive IR seeker; You damage it. Therefore blind the missile. RF seeker ones require stronger lasers against their control surfaces.

Destructive laser DIRCM is already being done by Lockheed Martin in a relatively small pod and I already told you this. Making things smaller is how technology advances. People here either don't speak English or they can't understand what they read. How did that even get 3 likes?

"Not possible." is the knee jerk reaction of those without imagination. Almost anything that is possible can become reality for those with imagination and knowledge.
Convincing those without imagination however is impossible.

Last edited:

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
When you use even a weak laser for a relatively much shorter period against a very sensitive IR seeker; You damage it. Therefore blind the missile. RF seeker ones require stronger lasers against their control surfaces.

Destructive laser DIRCM is already being done by Lockheed Martin in a relatively small pod and I already told you this. Making things smaller is how technology advances. People here either don't speak English or they can't understand what they read. How did that even get 3 likes?

"Not possible."
Classic Turkish knee jerk reaction to new things. This mentality has been the bane of Ottoman Empire and it still exists sadly. It is like talking to a wall. Nothing is possible if you ask these lazy, unimaginative, non-innovative people. Selcuk Bayraktar calls them TAKOZ!
First of all, pipe the attitude and name calling down lad. You said LM delivered those for F-16s when they haven't, they just talked about making it for their 6th gen plane. Where the fuck is your source on that delivery, eh?

Secondly, I didn't say it was "impossible", before talking about the proficiency of people in English improve your own reading comprehension. You said it existed today, I told you it doesn't in the form you talked about. Show me one current example of a laser strong enough to DESTROY a missile as you said that fits in a pod. Yıldırım works by blinding/jamming the infrared seekers, it does not destroy missiles as you claimed. You seem to have a problem with your definitions lad, or moving the goalposts after being proven wrong. They don't even categorize it as a weapon, it is a countermeasure system. Don't believe me, here is a direct quote from Aselsan:

"The system has been specifically designed to protect rotary wing aircrafts from IR missile attacks. Main mission of the system is to automatically counter infrared missile systems by detecting, tracking and jamming the threat by means of high-power laser beam under harsh environmental conditions."

There is no "kneejerk" reaction, what you said simply doesn't exist yet, outside of big units and I pointed that out. If you can't accept that and have to start attacking people, that is your problem.

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
From TAI MAG 135:

Two Major Developments in the HÜRJET Project

The Jet Trainer Aircraft HÜRJET completed its 27th flight in October, successfully passing several rigorous
tests. After spending 18 hours in the air, the aircraft's testing procedures continue. The design phase of the
HÜRJET project concluded after the Critical Design Review Meeting, held on two separate days.

The Jet Trainer Aircraft HÜRJET took to the skies for the 27th
time in October. During this flight, the aircraft, which had accumulated a total of 18 hours in the air until October 11, 2023,
underwent calibration of the air data system and model verifications. For the execution of high-speed tests, the landing gear
was gathered, and the engine power was increased to Max A/B
level.
With the engine power at Max A/B, the aircraft's propulsion
system generated 50 percent more thrust, enabling speeds of
up to 0.6 times the speed of sound. The speed envelope of
HÜRJET, which aims to surpass the speed of sound, continues
to expand. In the following period, tests beyond the speed of
sound will be conducted with other HÜRJET prototypes.
Missed approach tests were conducted alongside formation flights. With these tests, the operational evaluations of
HÜRJET, designed as a jet trainer aircraft, for the use of pilots
and pilot candidates were completed. The missed approach
tests, which aimed at assessing responses to potential emergency scenarios encountered during flight training, were conducted successfully.
In the upcoming phase, HÜRJET's systems will undergo development and verification tests, aimed at expanding its current
limitations. As these limitations are extended, envelope expansion tests will be conducted, allowing for higher speeds and
altitudes. This will enable HÜRJET to perform more aggressive
maneuvers in the sky.
On September 2, 2023, HÜRJET performed a formation flight
with six Turkish Stars aircraft showcasing its success in aerobatic
flights, in addition to its basic trainer aircraft capabilities validated in the conducted tests.

Design phase concluded

Within the scope of the HÜRJET project, a Critical Design Review Meeting was held in two separate sessions with the participation of the Defence Industry Agency (SSB) Directorate General of Military Factories (AFGM) and our company.
The meetings were attended by Air Force Major General and
Pilot Kadircan Kottaş; Air Force Brigadier General and Pilot Cihangir Yay; Prof. Atilla Doğan, Vice President of Aircraft at Turkish Aerospace; Mehmet Eldem, Vice President of Flight Operations; Ömer Faruk Türkmen, Vice President of Quality and
Certification; and Abdurrahman Şeref Can, Head of the Turkish
Fighter KAAN Department at the Defence Industry Agency.
At the first session held on October 3-4, 2023, presentations
were made on various aircraft systems, accompanied by discussions where participants shared their views.
During the second session on November 20-21, 2023, the project's current status was evaluated. Subsequently, following the
presentations and the gathering of opinions, the design phase
activities concluded.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom