Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Most parts will made homegrown by TAI.
American will block annd delay other parts.
We can’t produce any f-16 without their approval ,same as the F-2 and F-15J of japanese.

if we can we would have start producing them.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
American will block annd delay other parts.
We can’t produce any f-16 without their approval ,same as the F-2 and F-15J of japanese.

if we can we would have start producing them.
If we get permission we can produce it on our own. Approvel will given by LM.

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we get permission we can produce it on our own. Approvel will given by LM.
Of course yes.If war start now we can produce.

All i meant is American dont want to approve us,

and we dont want to do that without the approvel of US

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,398
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Already, the US F16 orders are full until 2029. If an order is placed now, it will start arriving in 2029.

Of course, things will change if Tusaş produces it.
TAI's current facility capacity is not available for extra production. If we are talking about production at TAI, we also have to add the construction of a new facility to the program.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TAI's current facility capacity is not available for extra production. If we are talking about production at TAI, we also have to add the construction of a new facility to the program.
Which production line you are talking about?

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I do believe we need F16s, but it is getting more obvious day by day that it will not be approved before 2025 US election. In that case, first arrivals will come 2028-2029 earliest, 40 of them 2035!. Even if we let sweden join Nato, they may very well find another excuse in the future, blue homeland, Syria etc. and easily cripple our air force. Moreover I dont think they will let Tusaş build F16s even if they approve to sell. Relying on F16s from US is equally dangerous with believing TF35k will come out in 5 years.

We must accept this, we have no magic solution. None of us sure whether they will keep supply engines, let alone F16s. As long as US continues to send engines for Hürjet, Kaan until TF10k and TF35K are ready, then I would be grateful and we will be fine.

Let's face it, our only realistic option to fill 2025-2030 gap is KE. That is the hard truth. Having said that; with a good radar, good A2A missiles, good AI, cheap and produced in numbers, slow but stealhty, who knows? May be TB2 effect in air to airside? Hope is the bread of the poor after all

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,812
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because it would makes sense.
When come to usa and Turkiye. There is no Such Thing Sense

usa will use Any opportunity to Create MAX delay, excuse or bind this with other thing or will send part which some of them are with issue or part is build by private company which have issue........................ NON STOP problems

How many times this have to be happening over and over?
Some people here keep been Naive and lie themself.

usa will NOT give
usa will NOT do anything normally
usa will not make ANY SENSE moves

At least current Turkiye movement people do NOT make any illusions that usa will provide.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder what those who say that we need to fill the gap left by the F16 with the Kızılelma are drinking to reach this conclusion

If it is called Hürjet, it is understandable to some extent, but KE?

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder what those who say that we need to fill the gap left by the F16 with the Kızılelma are drinking to reach this conclusion

If it is called Hürjet, it is understandable to some extent, but KE?
It is called engine my friend, we may not arm hurjet without US approval. Engines are coming for "training purpose aircraft" after all. Also it is not a given that US keep supply F404. If they dont, add 3-4 years to current timeline for twin engine hurjet with tf10k

I am not saying KE is our only option, it is only "realistic" option

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am not saying KE is our only option, it is only "realistic" option
I too think that KE could be a viable alternative, with the control station flying in the air in the AEW&C style and with the support of a very powerful artificial intelligence.

But we still have an engine problem! The Ukrainian engine is not suitable for KE for various reasons. So even KE is not a "realistic" alternative for us for now.

Moreover, KE has a looong way to go. Development is not finished yet, KE doesn't even have a radar yet.

Last edited:

Ahlatshah

Reactions
7 223
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I too think that KE could be a viable alternative, with the control station flying in the air in the AEW&C style and with the support of a very powerful artificial intelligence.

But we still have an engine problem! The Ukrainian engine is not suitable for KE for various reasons. So even KE is not a "realistic" alternative for us for now.

Moreover, KE has a looong way to go. Development is not finished yet, KE doesn't even have a radar yet.
Selçuk Bayraktar last year said Baykar has enough engines for serial production. Last month, he said KE serial production will begin in 2024, I assume they have enough engines for at least LRP. Without radar even Kaan will be useless but I believe Aselsan will sort it out.

BTW, I want F35, F22, SSBN, Nukes but we dont have them. We definitely need F16Vs and we dont have it either. Most of people saying F16s here as they give us right away. What will we do if we dont get F16s in meaningful timeframe? What we have is KE now, that is why I think we should focus on it to fill for 5 years gap between 2025-30.

Also I have utmost respect and confidence our Air force staff to get maximum of KE, they are the only source of my hope. None of us envisioned the way they utilized TB2s in Syria before you know, we were all surprised remember. I really believe we might get similar situation.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,545
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F-16 B60's radar, nose cone and a targeting system on a BAC 1-11 testbed owned by Northrop. We want the funky.
nO3VEsh.jpeg

Same aircraft carrying F-35's radar. This aircraft was retired in 2019.

oGax67l.jpeg

Last edited:

B_A

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,059
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am curious about the upcoming first flight of the prototype Kaan. What systems not required for flight itself will be in the airframe and functional - radar, IRST etc?

Given that there has not been a design freeze (as I understand things), I presume that any modifications to the airframe design will not risk compromising other systems being developed for the aircraft, so requiring them to be modified as a consequence of airframe modification (apart from adjustments to the flight control software being needed).
These parts can easily replace in any jet.

F15F16 easily change engines and radars.And many export versions Su27 use western radars.

Chinese put their own radar to Su27 and we put ours to F16

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Let's see what's the underlying impact of this is going to be. It'd be better to have an established firm like TEI and TAI handle the production.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
DY0MaM2WAAA_XTJ-e1697440055787.jpg

The delivery date for the New Generation HÜRKUŞ, also known as HÜRKUŞ-2, has been announced. HÜRKUŞ-2 will be lightweight compared to HÜRKUŞ-B.

Turkish Air Force had placed an order for 15 units in recent years for the New Generation Basic Training Aircraft HÜRKUŞ. 15 HÜRKUŞ aircraft were produced by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TUSAŞ), but the aircraft were not included in the Turkish Air Force inventory.

Over time, the aircraft produced for the Turkish Air Force were exported to different countries in Africa. On the other hand, within the scope of the HÜRKUŞ-2 Project, it was decided to produce a new and lightened HÜRKUŞ aircraft.

According to information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com; TAI is planned to start HÜRKUŞ-2 deliveries by 2025 at the latest. The 15 HÜRKUŞ aircraft initially ordered will be delivered in 2025 in the HÜRKUŞ-2 configuration.

Air Ground Integration Aircraft is Coming

On the other hand, TAI had developed the HÜRKUŞ-HYEU (Air-Ground Integration Aircraft) configuration for the 135th Fleet within the Air Forces Command. The design and development activities of HÜRKUŞ-HYEU, which has an electro-optical camera, autopilot support and can fire national ammunition, continue.

Satellite Communication (SATCOM) payload will also be integrated into HÜRKUŞ-HYEU, which will have the ability to land on unpaved runways. HÜRKUŞ-HYEU will have a total of 5 payload stations, one of which is the Electro-Optical bay under the hull.

Work continues for the HÜRKUŞ-C Light Attack Aircraft

Work has not stopped for the HÜRKUŞ-C Light Attack Aircraft, which is of interest to the Land Forces Command and Gendarmerie General Command. Design activities continue for HÜRKUŞ-C, which will have 6 weapon stations and 1 payload station under the fuselage for sensors.

Following the completion of HÜRKUŞ-2, the HÜRKUŞ-C prototype is expected to be produced and qualification/certification and mass production activities will begin.

HÜRKUŞ-C will be an option between attack helicopters and UCAVs/warplanes.

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 61943

The delivery date for the New Generation HÜRKUŞ, also known as HÜRKUŞ-2, has been announced. HÜRKUŞ-2 will be lightweight compared to HÜRKUŞ-B.

Turkish Air Force had placed an order for 15 units in recent years for the New Generation Basic Training Aircraft HÜRKUŞ. 15 HÜRKUŞ aircraft were produced by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TUSAŞ), but the aircraft were not included in the Turkish Air Force inventory.

Over time, the aircraft produced for the Turkish Air Force were exported to different countries in Africa. On the other hand, within the scope of the HÜRKUŞ-2 Project, it was decided to produce a new and lightened HÜRKUŞ aircraft.

According to information obtained by SavunmaSanayiST.com; TAI is planned to start HÜRKUŞ-2 deliveries by 2025 at the latest. The 15 HÜRKUŞ aircraft initially ordered will be delivered in 2025 in the HÜRKUŞ-2 configuration.

Air Ground Integration Aircraft is Coming

On the other hand, TAI had developed the HÜRKUŞ-HYEU (Air-Ground Integration Aircraft) configuration for the 135th Fleet within the Air Forces Command. The design and development activities of HÜRKUŞ-HYEU, which has an electro-optical camera, autopilot support and can fire national ammunition, continue.

Satellite Communication (SATCOM) payload will also be integrated into HÜRKUŞ-HYEU, which will have the ability to land on unpaved runways. HÜRKUŞ-HYEU will have a total of 5 payload stations, one of which is the Electro-Optical bay under the hull.

Work has not stopped for the HÜRKUŞ-C Light Attack Aircraft, which is of interest to the Land Forces Command and Gendarmerie General Command. Design activities continue for HÜRKUŞ-C, which will have 6 weapon stations and 1 payload station under the fuselage for sensors.

Following the completion of HÜRKUŞ-2, the HÜRKUŞ-C prototype is expected to be produced and qualification/certification and mass production activities will begin.

lol HYEU could also mean Air to Ground Training Plane/Jet :) had to reread your post before I noticed it :)

But why would Gendarmerie and Land Forces be interested in these type of planes ? In which scenarios would they be useful ?

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,766
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Light attack version will be good option to have against terrorist, it could take some flight time off from our jets that is being used in that role.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom