Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Swedish authorities stop planned Torah burning

sweden quran
AMMAN — A week after a politician burned the Quranin Stockholm, Swedish authorities stopped a planned burning of the Torah in front of the Israeli embassy, according to Swedish officials.​

Israeli ambassador Ziv Nevo Kulman said on Friday that his country and the local Jewish community had prevented the Torah from being burned in front of the Tel Aviv embassy building in coordination with Swedish officials.

‘Spark a debate'According to Jo24, a young Swedish Muslim of Arab origin had applied to the Swedish police to burn a copy of the Torah in front of the Israeli embassy.

The man said that as a Muslim, he knew that the burning of scriptures was not permissible, but he wanted to debate and ensure that all scriptures were treated equally and that freedom of expression was guaranteed to all in Sweden.

A Swedish newspaper reported that the 34-year-old man who applied to burn the Torah in front of the Israeli Embassy in Stockholm also applied to burn a bible in central Stockholm's Sergel's Square.

The man told the newspaper, "burning scriptures is disgusting, but I'm angry, and I'm doing it to spark a debate about it."

‘I represent myself’The paper added that the man stated that he was tired of tax money going to protect Rasmus Baludan, who has repeatedly had demonstrations to burn copies of the Quran.

The young man confirmed that representatives of the Muslim Association at the Stockholm mosque had advised him not to do so, indicating that he would not represent Muslims if he burned down a copy of the Torah.

The man added: "Representatives of an Islamic association contacted me and asked me not to do so. They say it is contrary to Islam and that I do not represent Muslims when I burn a copy of the Torah outside the Israeli embassy.”

“That is okay. I represent myself,” he said, stressing that his work does not target the Jewish minority in Sweden.

Last week, the Swedish government agreed to let Rasmus Baludan, leader of the far-right Danish "hard line" party, burn a copy of the Quran, citing it as "freedom of expression".
AFAIK the guy canceled his application for burning the taroh. Not that Sweden didn't allowed.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
AFAIK the guy canceled his application for burning the taroh. Not that Sweden didn't allowed.
Mate you serious?
Do you really believe that he canceled his application "voluntarily"? Hell No! The govt pressured him into canceling his application using one way or another
That is why I said that when the Swedish govt allows burning of the Quran under free speech; then they truly dont show any respect to you but many here came and said that it was a "plan" by whatever to piss Turkey off and while it is true, that doesnt give them the right to burn what more than 80 million ppl in Turkey considers sacred

The fact that the Swedish govt doesnt even have the basic decency to respect the other party when the Swedish ppl themselves are in need of Turkey probably mean 3 things:
1- they are sure that they are gonna enter NATO regardless of what Turkey thinks which is nearly impossible since Sweden needs the "OK" from ALL members to enter NATO
2- They truky believe that they are some sort of higher species and that Turkey is obliged to obey
3- they made a deal with the opposition bloc to enter NATO since Erdogan said he will never allow Sweden to enter when they are disrespecting us

I really wish Putin razes them to the ground

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Yup
Now Iam 100% sure that Sweden made some sort of deal with the opposition
The fact that Finland is now willing to stick with Sweden in regards to the NATO bid even after what happened and rumors that the Finnish secretary had a talk with the Turkish secretary after statements on Turkey allowing Finland but not Sweden into Nato proves it

Era_shield

Contributor
Reactions
6 2,953
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sweden is also kidnapping Muslim children.

Sweden also forced sterilised the Sami People.

I think Turkiye needs to use these cards and show the world of the human rights violations in this Liberal Paradise state.

One by one these Scandanavian states need to be exposed for the frauds they are.
And let's not forget the time they assisted the CIA and Egypt in torturing an innocent man. What's a bit of torture among PKK supporters?

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,822
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
And let's not forget the time they assisted the CIA and Egypt in torturing an innocent man. What's a bit of torture among PKK supporters?

To cover itself, the Swedish government obtained promises from the Egyptian authorities that the men would not be tortured or subjected to the death penalty, and would be given fair trials. Despite post-return monitoring by Swedish diplomats, both men were tortured in Egypt.

Imagine my shock.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
Yup
The fact that Finland is now willing to stick with Sweden in regards to the NATO bid even after what happened and rumors that the Finnish secretary had a talk with the Turkish secretary after statements on Turkey allowing Finland but not Sweden into Nato proves it

A question to the Turkish members here

If the news above is true and the opposition ( regardless who ) made a deal with a foreign state not to win the but for something like the news in the tweet .

By the Turkish laws , will they be charged with treason ? And what are the laws of treason in Turkey ?

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yup

Could it be that they want to try their chances with the possible new government?

Or they want to deal with AKP after elections for more stable dialog.

Corvus

Reactions
2 252
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mate you serious?
Do you really believe that he canceled his application "voluntarily"? Hell No! The govt pressured him into canceling his application using one way or another
How did they pressure him exactly? What do we know about this?

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,003
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
A question to the Turkish members here

If the news above is true and the opposition ( regardless who ) made a deal with a foreign state not to win the but for something like the news in the tweet .

By the Turkish laws , will they be charged with treason ? And what are the laws of treason in Turkey ?

Foreign policy is not made by the opposition.
And what you call news is not news, but the ideas and thoughts of a user.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
So much for equality bs.

If they are going to ban religious schools why make an exemption.
There are 71 primary and upper secondary religious schools, which make up five per cent of all free schools in Sweden. One is Jewish, 59 are Christian, and 11 are Muslim.

There are several other Jewish schools which do not fall into this category, as they do not have specific religious elements in their education plans, and exist to cater to an ethnic minority.

I guess they are basing on it to the bold part quoted.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,542
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Türkiye will not approve Sweden’s bid to join NATO as long as it continues to permit those who burn the Quran, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said, repeating Ankara’s favorable position for Finland’s application to the alliance."

We, literally, indexed Sweden's application to Quran burning. We're not approving their application not because they support terrorists, not because our armored vehicles are being blown up by Swedish ATGMs used by terrorists, not because they embargo us but because, as a secular state, we despise their handling of burning of "our" holy book.

We truly became the epitome of diplomacy.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,697
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
"Türkiye will not approve Sweden’s bid to join NATO as long as it continues to permit those who burn the Quran, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said, repeating Ankara’s favorable position for Finland’s application to the alliance."

We, literally, indexed Sweden's application to Quran burning. We're not approving their application not because they support terrorists, not because our armored vehicles are being blown up by Swedish ATGMs used by terrorists, not because they embargo us but because, as a secular state, we despise their handling of burning of "our" holy book.

So why didnt he accept Sweden before they burned tue Quran?

He should have said: "they are supporting terrorists who harm us and burn what we consider sacred in a blatant form of disrespect so we dont want Sweden in an Alliance where each member has the other back"

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,506
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France

Turkiye under Erdogan is no longer secular. A head of a secular state wouldn’t talk like that in the first place.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

It is a statement aimed at domestic politics and other Muslim countries, but it does not have an equivalent.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom