DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,373
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

McCaul open to selling F-16s to Turkey — even if Erdoğan wins​

"Rep. GREGORY MEEKS (D-N.Y.), HFAC’s top Democrat, has broader conditions than McCaul, and they include Ankara halting its belligerence toward Greece, which could come after the election ends.

“As of right now, I’m not in favor of the F-16 sales to Turkey,” Meeks said. “I want those elections to be resolved, and then I have to see some action from Turkey. Absent that action, I’m against it. And blocking Sweden is one of those actions that I’m looking to see — is one — and there are some others.”

That aligns Meeks, roughly, with SFRC Chair BOB MENENDEZ (D-N.J.), who repeats that Turkey (read: Erdoğan) must radically shift its foreign policy before delivery. It’s not only the Sweden issue for him, but also ending aggression toward Greece — a fellow NATO ally — ceasing support for Azerbaijan against Armenia and releasing journalists and dissidents from prison."

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom

"Rep. GREGORY MEEKS (D-N.Y.), HFAC’s top Democrat, has broader conditions than McCaul, and they include Ankara halting its belligerence toward Greece, which could come after the election ends.

“As of right now, I’m not in favor of the F-16 sales to Turkey,” Meeks said. “I want those elections to be resolved, and then I have to see some action from Turkey. Absent that action, I’m against it. And blocking Sweden is one of those actions that I’m looking to see — is one — and there are some others.”

That aligns Meeks, roughly, with SFRC Chair BOB MENENDEZ (D-N.J.), who repeats that Turkey (read: Erdoğan) must radically shift its foreign policy before delivery. It’s not only the Sweden issue for him, but also ending aggression toward Greece — a fellow NATO ally — ceasing support for Azerbaijan against Armenia and releasing journalists and dissidents from prison."

Whats the point in having f16's if we cannot use them to pursue our geopolitical interests.

Here Turks give up on all regional interests and we will give you overpriced weapons with all sorts of conditions attached that you cannot use anyway.

So we must conclude that they are just finding any excuse hinder our defence.

One thing i would really like to see the Turkish defence industry do is break this western manipulation trick they use over weapons. When we sell weapons to other nations, the only condition should be that they cannot be used against us or sold to nations that could use them against us.

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 985
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Whats the point in having f16's if we cannot use them to pursue our geopolitical interests.

Here Turks give up on all regional interests and we will give you overpriced weapons with all sorts of conditions attached that you cannot use anyway.

So we must conclude that they are just finding any excuse hinder our defence.
And they're still acting as if F-16s are some wonder weapon. Fuck those planes, and keep going with KAAN.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,836
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
And they're still acting as if F-16s are some wonder weapon. Fuck those planes, and keep going with KAAN.

They had a good excuse that they could use to bullshit Turks with the s400 purchase for why they couldnt get F35.

But now all the excuses to not sell F16 basically just shows the USA sees Turkiye as an enemy and they use these instruments as merely manipulation tools.

If when it comes to KAAN and the americans decide to place an embargo against us over the engines, at that point will have to ask ourselves what is the point in being in NATO and is it time for the american bases to be closed down and shipped out to greece or their pkkistan state in iraq instead.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
77 10,602
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think difficult part is not the developing warhead to trigger the reaction, for us. There will be no need to even discuss these after we draw a circle from our borders up to 8K kilometres away.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
56 7,373
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Türkiye and Greece decided to mutually cancel their planned naval exercises. Türkiye canceled the Denizkurdu and Greece canceled the Kataigis exercises.

Couldn't see an official announcement from either side yet. Denizkurdu 23 was announced at the beginning of may. Greek media written on its cancellation on may 27. No info on Kataigis 23. It's a yearly exercise but it was never announced for this year from the Greek MoD or media as per gpogle searches.

Fairon

Reactions
6 868
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Shame. As far as i know first Deniz Kurdu drill was the first drill that Turkish Navy challenged the world. It wasn't just against Greece but showing the TN capabilities to the world.

Maybe we postponed it to integrate Anadolu to the drills and hope it won't be cancelled permanently.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom