TR Foreign Policy & Geopolitics

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Everyone and their dog jumping out of Russian sphere of influence, Russia never been weaker.

Erdo: let's bend over to the man sending our turkic cousins into the meatgrinder in Ukraine, bombed our troops in Syria, actively arms and works with the pkk, armed Greek Cypriots to help their ethnic cleanse of Turkish Cypriots during the 60s. Let's become even more dependent on Russian fossil fuels whilst we whined about Greek tankers full of Russian oil.

Imagine stanning this

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,515
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Everyone and their dog jumping out of Russian sphere of influence, Russia never been weaker.

Erdo: let's bend over to the man sending our turkic cousins into the meatgrinder in Ukraine, bombed our troops in Syria, actively arms and works with the pkk, armed Greek Cypriots to help their ethnic cleanse of Turkish Cypriots during the 60s. Let's become even more dependent on Russian fossil fuels whilst we whined about Greek tankers full of Russian oil.

Imagine stanning this

Absolutely true. This isn’t a good move in my honest opinion. The futur goal of Turkiye is too be independant of foreign fossil fuels. What’s the point of doing that ?

Being the center of the gas hub, especially in this region will cause more trouble for Turkiye in the future.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,733
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Making deals with Russia in this climate? Sure. That can only lead to good. God.. We never learn. As if Russia can find a customer to sell its gas to Europe in a decade.

I see two desperate men scratching each other's backs because they exhausted all their options and cannot turn from their perilous path. How far we have to be dragged by them is still remaining to be seen.

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,554
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Absolutely true.
You will suspect more when I say Putin was also a taxi driver in his younger years. But this is true too.
ok then. heard about his adventures in East Germany, but never heard of his time in Izmir. what a man :O

Imagine stanning this

Making deals with Russia in this climate? Sure. That can only lead to good. God.. We never learn. As if Russia can find a customer to sell its gas to Europe in a decade.

I see two desperate men scratching each other's backs because they exhausted all their options and cannot turn from their perilous path. How far we have to be dragged by them is still remaining to be seen.
a fully kneecapped Russia means Turkiye is next in line to get absolutely goatse'd. we have to let those two fight it out while we develop.
besides, now everyone right now can afford the investment costs to go green. Fossil fuel is here to stay for the rest of the century, regardless of what anyone says or wants.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Honestly i am beginning to wonder if erdogan is a russian plant. Everywhere we look he curtails Turkey to the benefit of Russia. Instead of screwing Russia's failure in Ukraine to settle our regional issues especially in syria, he keeps making deals that binds us even more onto Russia at our expense.

When the Russians bombed the Turkish troops erdogan did everything to hide it from the public. Social media caught wind of it and spread like wildfire, people were marching to the syrian border wanting to join the army to go to war. Erdogan couldnt curtail public sentiment and the army moves.

The drones sweep in and its destroying everything with relative ease, yet erdogan is begging for a meeting a day into and then rushes to create a ceasefire. He's done a similar thing on all operations.

While he keeps saying "we can come suddenly one night" years are passing. Is erdogan just anther kadirov?

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Yes russia will bomb our troops again right?

When the Azeri war was going on the Russians bombed the SNA training facility killing i think about 20 people. Erdogan turned round and said the Russians dont want peace. That was meant as a message/threat towards Turkey in their support for Azerbaijan.

What was telling is they didn't risk bombing Turkish troops again, the idlib retaliation was hell on earth for assad.

Russians/Putin know they have erdogan by the balls, how exactly is unknown. So when they initially bombed Turkish troops they must have thought well we got erdogan in our back pocket their is no risk of war or retaliation, they didn't calculate public sentiment. That anger led to the idlib retaliation.

Its fascinating though how Russia is getting swept away in Ukraine where their full might can be deployed against a much weaker foe, meanwhile erdogan supporters are terrified of Russia in northern Syria. Turkey militarily speaking is a much bigger military power then Ukraine and Ukraine took on the full might of the Russian military. In syria you are taking on a token force, a token force that was already insignificant before the war Ukraine war. Today is a skeleton of what it was.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,962
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
When i look back over the years i have to wonder how much of the Turkish political spectrum is working for Russia. If the americans have FETO, what do the Russians have?

I remember seeing this interview and i remember this guy being presented on Turkish television as some kind of important and wise man that the Turks?Muslims should respect. A literal propaganda mouth piece for the kremlin.

The guy is a self declared Satanist, meanwhile a so called islamist party is rolling the red carpet out for him. But lets ignore that, this guy in his own works talks about undermining Turkey, supporting separatist movements(terrorists) and causing constant political, economic and social shocks to Turkey. That Turkey at a bare minimum to serve Russian imperial policy should always be destabilised. I suspect the indisciminate slaughter of civilians in syria to make them rush into Turkey was part of this strategy.

How on earth can he be treated this way unless these entities are working for Russia? TRT world know exactly who this man is and what he thinks of Turkey, yet the guy feels so confident to go on these shows knowing he will never be asked about these things.

Lots of dirty things have gone in Turkey and continue to go on.

Either way we see a consistent pattern of behaviour towards Russia from Erdogan that makes no sense to nationalist minded people.

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,557
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
I see nothing bad in Erdogan making deals that are in favor of Turkey even if they are with Russia and I say that as a guy who doesn't like neither Erdogan nor Putinists.

You guys are way too emotional and see things without trying to go deeper. If Turkey was the one attacked you wouldn't see a single European country sanction Russia over it so why should Turks not look for their own interests.

Make as many Russians (huge majority of those who come in Turkey now are upper class and well educated ones) as possible come to Turkey- let them pump their money and knowledge in the Turkish economy. Turkey wins from this while Russia loses.
Make natural gas deals with Russia and make Russians build as much pipelines and gas hubs in Turkey as they want. That will make them even more dependent on Turkey as the only big customer they have left in Europe. As long as they are the ones building the infrastructure from their pockets I see no problem. Plus Russia now is desperate so I am sure that it will be easy to buy gas on preferential prices too.
Many European companies left Russia so where is the problem if Turkish businesses try to fill some of the gaps left?

Last edited by a moderator:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,554
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I see nothing bad in Erdogan making deals that are in favor of Turkey even if they are with Russia and I say that as a guy who doesn't like neither Erdogan nor Putinists.

You guys are way too emotional and see things without trying to go deeper. If Turkey was the one attacked you wouldn't see a single European country sanction Russia over it so why should Turks not look for their own interests.

Make as many Russians (huge majority of those who come in Turkey now are upper class and well educated ones) as possible come to Turkey- let them pump their money and knowledge in the Turkish economy. Turkey wins from this while Russia loses.
Make natural gas deals with Russia and make Russians build as much pipelines and gas hubs in Turkey as they want. That will make them even more dependent on Turkey as the only big customer they have left in Europe. As long as they are the ones building the infrastructure from their pockets I see no problem. Plus Russia now is desperate so I am sure that it will be easy to buy gas on preferential prices too.
Many European companies left Russia so where is the problem if Turkish businesses try to fill some of the gaps left?
exactly. if this post had a forehead i'd kiss it. well spoken.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom