Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know why you guys are making it into a Franco-Turkish issue,French defence ministers and foreign ministers have regularely visited Iraq,either to visit and support French troops deployed there,re-affirm France's support to Iraq in its fight against ISIS but also to deal with the issue of French ISIS fighters and brides/children jailed in Iraq. Nothing new here.
I agree, Turkey doesnt have hostile relations neither to Baghdad nor to Erbil, in fact if Erbil is defacto independent then its only thx to Turkey i think so i dont see the connection to Turkey here either.

Captain_Azeri_76

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I agree, Turkey doesnt have hostile relations neither to Baghdad nor to Erbil, in fact if Erbil is defacto independent then its only thx to Turkey i think so i dont see the connection to Turkey here either.
But weren't those french ATGM also a surprise, or these Iraqi generals getting killed in that airstrike - North Iraq complained a lot about Turkish strikes and the whole Opp. against the PKK - it is just a bit suspect ...
Would we have ever thought that the YPG would receive 30 thousand trucks loaded with weapons and ammunition... nothing surprises me anymore and every meeting near the Turkish border is no coincidence - I think ...
I am also not of the opinion that it was only a meeting with the official administration, of course, pure speculation by me, nevertheless - strange things happening atm - not Erbil is hostile, but France and their Proxy

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
But weren't those french ATGM also a surprise, or these Iraqi generals getting killed in that airstrike - North Iraq complained a lot about Turkish strikes and the whole Opp. against the PKK - it is just a bit suspect ...
Would we have ever thought that the YPG would receive 30 thousand trucks loaded with weapons and ammunition... nothing surprises me anymore and every meeting near the Turkish border is no coincidence - I think ...
I am also not of the opinion that it was only a meeting with the official administration, of course, pure speculation by me, nevertheless - strange things happening atm - not Erbil is hostile, but France and their Proxy
Well, France has/had lots of pkk mebers who operate over there yet i dont think this visit is anything related to that. Connections can be made anywhere with enough imagination but no need to get paranoid i would say.

M

Melkor

France will open as many fronts it can because that will exhaust Turkish resources, where there's a fire for Turkey, France will pour gasoline especially since that gasoline will cost them nothing as I'm willing to think that petrodollars will gladly stand behind France....these are the consequences of Turkish chaotic foreign policy....the EU is an enemy we will blackmail you with migrants ,Russia is a friend, we will stand with them against evil Westerners, wait...Russia is not a friend, they support Assad and terrorism, we must dominate the ME by supporting the Muslim brotherhood, the hell with what the Saudis, Emiratis and Egyptians want!,the US is an enemy! Wait, what? Why is our American ally embargoing us?.....chickens coming home to roost...I can go on all day...
Such one-sided opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Null/Void

NATO without the backing of the American Leadership is shell of it former shelf and if Europeans think Biden would be any better for NATO it wont mean much NATO is close to being extinct its no wonder Macron wants his own EU Army as for Turkey/France I think competition between both will just continue but Turkish chaotic foreign policy under Erdogan does not help Turkish case as much

Top Bottom