TR HÜRJET-Advanced Jet Trainer/ Light attack aircraft

Seoraksan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea
hürjet kanat/wing problem,there is also mach problem 1.4,1.3 or 1.2

The first two pictures are the same. 270 ft^2 is 25 m^2. Confusion stems from the fact that Turkish engineers learn from American and they use the imperial system for measurement and design. This is a standard practice in Aerospace Engineering, except in Europe (specifically in France). Top speed isn't important as we already know it is a supersonic trainer based on GE F404.

Seoraksan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea
There was a written pano/stand of tusaş at paris or uk fair details of hürjet were different also,I would not be surprised if the motor was different

The project has already completed its CDR and its prototype is supposedly in production. There could a slight variation in the specs, but the engine has been already selected and It is not possible to change it at this stage unless TAI wants to scrap GE F404 Hurjet and send its engineers back to the drawing board and go through the design process again.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,394
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
That was an old topic here. Turkish defense companies give zero shit about their internet site. TUSAŞ is almost the worst (I tried to send a recommendation and failed because that function was not working :ROFLMAO:). According to their internet site, they are still producing parts for F-35, and İsmail Demir said that we are not producing anything for almost 1,5 years ago. That's how much attention they gave to their internet site.
actually, they are supposed to produce parts for f35 untill 2022.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
There was a written pano/stand of tusaş at paris or uk fair details of hürjet were different also,I would not be surprised if the motor was different
I mean that's a little bit too much let's not exaggerate 😂

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
The project has already completed its CDR and its prototype is supposedly in production. There could a slight variation in the specs, but the engine has been already selected and It is not possible to change it at this stage unless TAI wants to scrap GE F404 Hurjet and send its engineers back to the drawing board and go through the design process again.
Two prototypes are on the final assembly line to be precise 😁

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They have already recently said that both Hürjet and TFX will stand on their undercarriage before the end of the year and Hürjet will be standing in November. That sounds like the planes' main outside looks will be there by that time which is good enough for a picture opportunity.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Wasn’t Hurjet expecting to fly by the end of the year?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wasn’t Hurjet expecting to fly by the end of the year?
Officially 18th May is kind of the deadline but it can be earlier. The plane should need some time to do preliminary tests and verifications before it flies. Remember from F16's first flight; they accidentally had to take off and fly.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Officially 18th May is kind of the deadline but it can be earlier. The plane should need some time to do preliminary tests and verifications before it flies. Remember from F16's first flight; they accidentally had to take off and fly.
Yes. But I think that some official source said that they targeted end of this year. Which makes sense, as you don’t want to do the first flight while the entire world is watching you

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,394
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Do you guys remamber malesyian king took video with his smartphone during his visit in tusas?😊

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
One ground and one flight prototype will not give desired speed to this project.There is argument about GE 404 motor supply,is just for unarmed version of it,however hürjet will be a good platform to test aesa radar,aselpod 2,electronic warfare,domestik link with uavs and with other platforms, I am very surprised that Rafaels still lack helmet mounted display so this show how difficult to apply these subsystems to a new platform

Last edited:

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
One ground and one flight prototype will not give desired speed to this project.There is argument about GE 404 motor supply,is just for unarmed version of it,however hürjet will be a good platform to test aesa radar,aselpod 2,electronic warfare,domestik link with uavs and with other platforms, I am very surprised that Rafaels still lack helmet mounted display so this show how difficult to apply these subsystems to a new platform
I fail to understand. There are two prototypes on the final assembly line CURRENTLY. This doesn't mean there will be a single flight test prototype.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I fail to understand. There are two prototypes on the final assembly line CURRENTLY. This doesn't mean there will be a single flight test prototype.
I hope so,may be they are thinking for minor changes during process

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
You don't need to hope so. That will most likely be the case, there are other things to worry about. Like the mass production process, or the production of the armed variant (like you suggested I guess). We also can't really define "desired speed" of the program can we? As only TAI knows about them.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet will not have aesa radar.:cautious:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom