Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,826
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It depends on what they are doing in every flight, whether big chunks or small bits of envelope expansion is in question, production time being brought nearer says something.
I'm not sure if there's any envelope expansion. On Feb 24th, they said it flew up to 15.403 feet. Now the tweet of TAI says it reached 15k feet. So it didn't fly any higher in the last two months. We haven't seen any aggressive manoeuvre or sharp turns or anything. And there's no supersonic flight yet..

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not sure if there's any envelope expansion. On Feb 24th, they said it flew up to 15.403 feet. Now the tweet of TAI says it reached 15k feet. So it didn't fly any higher in the last two months. We haven't seen any aggressive manoeuvre or sharp turns or anything. And there's no supersonic flight yet..
I should say expansion of planes capabilities in many respects. The plane has to handle everything to a safe degree before they can push it further. This is also the first manned jet the company is making so the pace of progress is acceptable if not fast, I should say.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hürjet test pilot says they will expand Hürjet's flight envelope beginning this May.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,826
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
May sound weird but the site resisted me when I wanted to add that same source, asking for maybe a twitter.com domain instead of x.com, not sure.
true. the site does not display tweets with domain name of x. it should be twitter.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why don’t we see any other prototypes still? Is this bird being ignored in favor of Kaan?

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why don’t we see any other prototypes still? Is this bird being ignored in favor of Kaan?

Prototypes are made for a reason: testing

If testing of a prototype has not reached a certain level, don't expect a second prototype (since the second proto may need some adjustments, design refinings etc.)

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fair enough but it’s been a year since the first prototype flew

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,544
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fair enough but it’s been a year since the first prototype flew

True and more than 50 test flights. It looks like it has been designed very well and TAI is still continuing tests with the same prototype.

This is not a bad sign, on the contrary it's good. Continuing with same proto does not make lose time, it safes time.

It is even that good (hope we don't push nazar here) that TAI is planning production models in 2025, we have no single reason to complain there!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom