Army Indian Army Artillery Archive

Milspec

Think Tank Analyst
Reaction score
Guess we will see. 🍿
On second thought, the only good thing about the arty program is L&T. Given they have taken the mantle of building all of India, this might eventually be in good hands.

Nilgiri

Experienced member
Canada Moderator
India Moderator
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Why the army is concerned then?
Army lobby at play?

Yes usual lobby that never sees the bigger picture and want every single selective foreign bell and whistle....at whatever premium it takes.

I am happy govt has put negative import list and I believe it includes artillery system.

More pressure needs to be put on that in more complete fashion (i.e treat india-developed and not just produced as advantage in selection given RnD fruition and multiplier) to counter lobby antics....in every service branch.

Just imagine if instead of MMRCA and all time and effort put to that (and what it has amounted to), simple commitment and ramp up of Tejas and Mk2 was done back then 10+ years earlier....instead of it being relegated to some side project....and then ultimately needing later crushing squadron depletion and lack of resource, and govt kick up backside make them slowly see sense now.

Just imagine if ISRO was run like this from start....we would have next to zilch.

Nilgiri

Experienced member
Canada Moderator
India Moderator
Reaction score
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
India
Fairly extensive list for reference:

Raptor

Contributor
Reaction score
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
but but Army wants Israili guns , whole Hamam is working over night to kill ATAGS
Happens,no country want to lose business.
It's better we should identify the lobbyists and slap them under NSA

Top Bottom