Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
No, seriously. I will sit down in front of the PC tomorrow. Let’s see….need to familiarise myself with deeper functions and unexplored options first. Mastering all CMO functions will take some time. It is such a vast and comprehensive simulation to dive in. I mean, no wonder professionals and armed force use it for wargaming.

My knowledge in Land warfare doctrines, tactics, techniques and procedures is not bad. (I would say) But fairly basic in Air & space domain. And probably primitive in naval warfare.
Yes, that will be necessary. You will feel better able to cope once you have done this.

In addition, we have to work out several protocols. This comes later, so please treat this as a preliminary head-up.
  1. How do we declare the positions and order of battle of our forces?
  2. How do we declare the positions and order of battle of the opposition?
  3. How is the movement done?
    1. I had earlier calculated, through Google Maps, how long it took from A to B, by air, by rail and by road.
    2. To calculate journey time by air, one had to divide the distance by a standard average transit time, and add an hour, before and after the trip;
    3. To calculate journey time by train/rail, one had to seek to measure the distance using the train option, and add an hour before and after the trip;
    4. To calculate journey time by road, one had to measure the distance using the road-travel option.
  4. We had taken the present position of various formations at present, and rearranged them to offer the right mix wanted for our plans.
This is part of what had been undertaken. More after you've had a chance to keep up with your own reading.

hellfire2006

Reactions
2 23
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
No Sir , that hellfire is different, I think I revealed my actual identity to you on DFI about a year or two ago. We had a fruitful conversation on DM there. I haven't been active on DFI for quite some time now.
Apologies, @hellfire2006.

Are you the old @hellfire in a new avatar, or someone completely different?

hellfire2006

Reactions
2 23
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I believe hellfire2006 (the new one) is the fella that worked with us a bit during the wargaming project.

The old hellfire (the army veteran) is different person. Haven't seen him online much, but I havent been checking in much in various spots lately either.
I chose this name in a haste actually , now I'm suck with it. Later I learnt that there is a veteran who goes by the same name on Twitter and DFI
I use a different ID on DFI

Last edited:

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
No Sir , that hellfire is different, I think I revealed my actual identity to you on DFI about a year or two ago. We had a fruitful conversation on DM there. I haven't been active on DFI for quite some time now.
Oh yes!

My memory is shot to pieces.

Joe Shearer

Contributor
Professional
Advisor
Reactions
21 1,941
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I chose this name in a haste actually , now I'm suck with it. Later I learnt that there is a veteran who goes by the same name on Twitter and DFI
I use a different ID on DFI
You're fine here, chill.

I wish people knew how lucky they are to be here, not you, others who have not been on DFI.

Do stay in touch with @Afif. There are 'things' in the offing.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom