News Indonesia - US - China Relation, and ASEAN. Whats going on?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
One picture/video showing US made riffles use by certain country police/para military officers killing "civillian" can create political nightmare for their govt. Thats unlikely the case for lets say maverick mishit the civilian area.

US arms industry is huge and important for their economic & strategic interest. They would be shooting themself on the foot if they are trying to somehow reduced their own capability to sell arms.
10 frickin billion.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
"We kind of believe in a philosophy of peace...". I can't believe what I m hearing, this is from the top general of the world biggest warmongerer.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
US doesn't dare to fight China so their policitians flying around the world trying to get other countries fight China, those who fall for this trick can only be US cannon fodders.

Army Chief Of Staff Says ‘Winning With China Is Not Fighting China’
Who wants war? Especially when 2 nuclear powers are fight each other. What you actually thinking?
"We kind of believe in a philosophy of peace...". I can't believe what I m hearing, this is from the top general of the world biggest warmongerer.
Peace throught strength means deterrence effect tho, Reagan made that term popular.

One I wanna say, If US not stopped your country and Kim dynasty back before the armistice, your country can't selling stuffs to Korean Peninsula as now. What you got is Korean Peninsula without wealth.

Btw, how other Mainland Chinese used internet tho? Taiwan's internet is better isn't it? LOL. Looks like Russian Emperor Putin will follow your Emperor steps of put firewall on their internet.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Betting on US is betting on a losing side in the future, US declines fast in all fronts, see what they are doing in Afghanistan now. Withdrawing from everywhere is becoming a norm for US due to its fast waning power and economy.
And what makes betting on China will guarantee a "win" for our future? They do withdraw from Afghanistan and planning to reduce their strength in the middle east to focus on Asia, in Indonesia case is ASEAN. Anyone can call it loosing but also anyone can also call it strenght refocusing, it depends on one perspective. One thing I know that they are not withdrawing with their tail between their legs.
US doesn't dare to fight China so their policitians flying around the world trying to get other countries fight China, those who fall for this trick can only be US cannon fodders
You get it all wrong, the reason behind their tour around the world is part of the preparation to "deal" with China. If they dont dare to do it then they wouldnt be flying around the world right?
"We kind of believe in a philosophy of peace...". I can't believe what I m hearing, this is from the top general of the world biggest warmongerer
The philosophy of peace that coming out from a General reflect the maturity and intelegence of one good General, doesnt matter where the General is coming from. Again you get it all wrong, I am sure history has showed that "strong" Generals may win the battle but "Integelence" generals win the war. It also support what Sun Tzu said about winning a war without fighting.

China advancement as a nation from my personal perspective can be consider One Wonder of the World, thats a fact. Tho they must choose their move carefully in a global level because currently there is only one super power nation in the world which is the United States of America, and thats also a fact. China is moving toward to becoming super power but they also need to remind themself that they are not there yet.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Chinese nation is a traditionally inward looking nation, that's why we built the Great Wall to protect ourselves from invaders, we don't have western colonial mentality whose ultimate goal is to conquer the world, we just like to do business fairly with everyone. Super power is a very negative word in Chinese language.
Oh really?

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
US was before us in Korea , actually it advanced to the very border of China, their bombs landed in the Chinese side everyday, we stopped them, not they stopped us.
But after that, your country also helped NK down south. If there was no armistice and by the grace of whatever you reached Pusan, you are damned now since you have better relation with SK on trade nowadays.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do you know why he said this?

slide_1.jpg
Do you know who did this?

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Taiwan doesn't have US military bases and the island is not connected with mainland China by land. across the bordr means land border, not across the oceans.
Yup, there is no US base there, but still, are you cool with that?. If you're cool with that, then just let the status quo, don't change that.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Chinese nation is a traditionally inward looking nation, that's why we built the Great Wall to protect ourselves from invaders, we don't have western colonial mentality whose ultimate goal is to conquer the world, we just like to do business fairly with everyone. Super power is a very negative word in Chinese language.
Again it depends on your perspective, I am not sure how people of Tibet, Mongol, east estonia will say about that. If the inward looking perspective also include occupying other nations, teritory, or even waterway to their own strategic interest then perhaps we can also call it a different kind of colonial form.

Indonesian history show us how the Dutch company started as "business partner" then grew to colonialism. I was thinking differently about China until they appear in our North Natuna Sea. I am not sure how that become "inward looking" kinda thing.
China just liked to push US away from Chinese border, and we did it. even today, we can't imagine US military presence being just across the border.
The feeling is mutual for some Indonesian people toward China. Since we only have 3 land border with other nations and have more sea border in our hand we would also like to "push" China away from our Northern sea border.

Its not about what you say, it is what you do that define you......

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Will there any joint military exercise between TNI AL and USN, some large scale exercise.

We may be able to learn a thing or two from them, and there will be more interoperability between two, naval combat and amphibious ops would be good.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Enough with this out of topic talks.

Don't post something that have no relation with Indonesia-US whatsoever!

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Will there any joint military exercise between TNI AL and USN, some large scale exercise.

We may be able to learn a thing or two from them, and there will be more interoperability between two, naval combat and amphibious ops would be good.
Doing large scale Army exercise in archipelago nation is one thing, conducting large Naval exercise specially if include amphibious is another thing if we looking at diplomacy perspective. The last one can be seen as "agressive".

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Doing large scale Army exercise in archipelago nation is one thing, conducting large Naval exercise specially if include amphibious is another thing if we looking at diplomacy perspective. The last one can be seen as "agressive".
Does building military base on artificial island, sending maritime militia + CG to harass other country can be considered "aggressive"?

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think this conversation isn't about Indonesia-US anymore.
The thread title include 🇨🇳

Enough with this out of topic talks.

Don't post something that have no relation with Indonesia-US whatsoever!
Salah sendiri udah tau itu buzzer bin troll CCP kalian tanggepin, yach malah tambah seneng dia. Itu "kepala suku" nya pula yg nanggapin, bukan yg biasanya posting2x ga jelas itu (kalau itu anak buah nya)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom