Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
E4PDgiTUYAEIbnh.jpeg.jpg

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Gripen E range is about 4000km, similar to F-16. It's using different engine than C/D.
But single F414 still still no comparison with single F100-229 hence more speed and load out.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But single F414 still still no comparison with single F100-229 hence more speed and load out.

The point remains though, the E is not short leg. Besides, the MTOW is part of the earliest step of aircraft design (preliminary design). That's where you get the thrust-to-weight ratio to define your engine.

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why don't make it all Rafale, just add the quantity of Rafale purchase than adding F-15Ex, or F-16v (that the MOD don't want), so the composition of TNI-AU will be 34 F-16 legacy and let say 48 or 64 Rafale,
But if the US wanted to donated used F-16 C/D I won't mind hahhahaah......and it will be better if we start talking with south Korea about purchasing KF-21 As well

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Gripen E range is about 4000km, similar to F-16. It's using different engine than C/D.
Which F 16? V or Block 72 had more range especially when fitted with Conformal fuel tank

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why don't make it all Rafale, just add the quantity of Rafale purchase than adding F-15Ex, or F-16v (that the MOD don't want), so the composition of TNI-AU will be 34 F-16 legacy and let say 48 or 64 Rafale,
But if the US wanted to donated used F-16 C/D I won't mind hahhahaah......and it will be better if we start talking with south Korea about purchasing KF-21 As well
Everyone wants to get the cake "kecipratan"

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I don't mind ditching US fighters altogether tbh. Just focus on Rafale + some light fighter to replace Hawk. Then we fully focus on KF-21.

Having said that, I don't mind F-15EX 🤭

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't mind ditching US fighters altogether tbh. Just focus on Rafale + some light fighter to replace Hawk. Then we fully focus on KF-21.

Having said that, I don't mind F-15EX 🤭
Bad idea, we still need to build relation with superpower to face dragon from north.

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
my concern with F16 is that ok to use block 52 while their ally also use the same aircraft (Pakistan)? they can share information event doing some exercise using with block 52 that PAF has, and using it as advantage against majority US ally that using F16 in the region

Top Bottom