Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't mind ditching US fighters altogether tbh. Just focus on Rafale + some light fighter to replace Hawk. Then we fully focus on KF-21.

Having said that, I don't mind F-15EX 🤭
It will be geopolitically suicidal to ditch 🇺🇸 Goods & Service even if we substitute them with something from either 🇬🇧 🇪🇺, 🇯🇵, or 🇰🇷. We need 🇺🇸 direct assistant WHEN things get hot at our northern border.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It will be geopolitically suicidal to ditch 🇺🇸 Goods & Service even if we substitute them with something from either 🇬🇧 🇪🇺, 🇯🇵, or 🇰🇷. We need 🇺🇸 direct assistant WHEN things get hot at our northern border.
Arsenal of Democracy.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We can wait. For now Rafale and Eagle 2 (and maybe some Viper) will do.

Like I said, I don't mind F-15EX. Like at all. But if there's no firm commitment (numbers and early delivery date) about F-35, then I'll be very disappointed if we decided to buy F-16V.

Just 36 Rafales + 36 F-15EX and be done with it. There's still time until 2024 for MoD to complete his ambition for 100 new fighters.

Unless he's interested in another non-US fighters :LOL:

36 f35 b full package

Between Singapore (12) and Australia (72):)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Since you didn't specifically say fighters then I'd argue that we still have military business deal setup for US goods & service until at least the next 15 yrs. Still 2 squadrons of Falcons, the Apaches, transports, all the missiles, MLU, etc.

We even plan to open some new billion dollar business setup for Osprey, Blackhawk, UAVs, etc.

........ and of course F-35🤭

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Like I said, I don't mind F-15EX. Like at all. But if there's no firm commitment (numbers and early delivery date) about F-35, then I'll be very disappointed if we decided to buy F-16V.

Just 36 Rafales + 36 F-15EX and be done with it. There's still time until 2024 for MoD to complete his ambition for 100 new fighters.

Unless he's interested in another non-US fighters :LOL:

Between Singapore (12) and Australia (72):)
Exactly, so our southern neighbour doesnt have to worry about air superiority 😄

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Though our offer involved 36 V and 36 Block 52.... to put into Kohanudnas squadron

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Since you didn't specifically say fighters then I'd argue that we still have military business deal setup for US goods & service until at least the next 15 yrs. Still 2 squadrons of Falcons, the Apaches, transports, all the missiles, MLU, etc.

We even plan to open some new billion dollar business setup for Osprey, Blackhawk, UAVs, etc.

........ and of course F-35🤭
Dont forget about C130j.

In addition to the fighter aircraft, the ministry also included 15 C-130Js, two A330 MRTTs, 30 ground-controlled interception radar stations, and three unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) into a procurement wish list known as the ‘Blue Book’

“For the Indonesian Air Force, we will refurbish our entire fleet of fighter aircraft and we have secured the funds for this except for the replacement of the Hawks,” said Prabowo in his remarks, in reference to the country’s fleet of BAE Hawk 109/209s.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dont forget about C130j.

In addition to the fighter aircraft, the ministry also included 15 C-130Js, two A330 MRTTs, 30 ground-controlled interception radar stations, and three unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) into a procurement wish list known as the ‘Blue Book’

“For the Indonesian Air Force, we will refurbish our entire fleet of fighter aircraft and we have secured the funds for this except for the replacement of the Hawks,” said Prabowo in his remarks, in reference to the country’s fleet of BAE Hawk 109/209s.

Any info of which type of aircraft for the Hawk replacement? FA-50?

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
From my understanding we are gonna buy more LIFT, but it is not to replace Hawk.
Oic. So the Hawk will not be replace? Anyway for the F-15EX we still need the US Senate approval through DSCA Notification.

Djketoprak

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

We will replace hawk series?? How about upgrade program for hawk series, i think we will replace them at 2030

Top Bottom