Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Without Covid 19, our medical industry would still lagging and stuck nowhere as most people doesn't know what urgent thing for them, and medical industry is important matter for military prospect..... Just saying 🙄
Well, oc, everything has positive and negative sides, even a pandemic....

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dude , did you really so naively to believe that a strategic export articles in military stuffs was comparable and identical to the articles that issued to the military of said origin country ?? Did you ...
?? Compare that with the latest j series that get churned weekly by those mainlander ... SU 35 " Generic version " was allready a bygone era by today standard .
We where nowhere near the level of US - Israel connection with the bear !! We are nothing but a $$ milk cow for them ...as simple as that ...

Enough with the dead horse will you ... Back in the day things are different . Hence the different attitude , calculation and consideration .

Sigh ... I don't have to explain further over this don't i ??
actually you kinda do....
not all the silent reader understand what you trying to say, specially without an evidence in your post

you trying to compare Indo-Russia to US-Israel?? what is this means?
Indo-US is better than Indo-Russia?
did you forget when we ask for F15 and they dont allow us for that "keseimbangan kawasan"???
and the F35 blocked cause we don't able to maintain 5th Gen (which is true)
while when both options fail, weeks / months before that the Australia begin to buy / start a contract for F35

what is it? US-Australia > US-Indo? yes, what is the alternative or offering that they give?
An Upgraded F16 Gurun Pasir

and you call Indo will be no more than $$ milk cow to Russia???
well guest what, either with Russia or US, they still gonna treat Indonesia as a $$ milk cow
Choosing US / Russia is like choosing of 1 of 2 devils that less evil for short

it's not about "i don't want TNI to chose" or "dislike" that F15 / F35 and Rafale, those things are a very good stuff
it's the "United States" things is the one that keep giving Indonesia more trouble

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Excerpt.

"Negotiations between France and Indonesia are said to be over on the Rafale contract. According to the Indonesian government, all that remains is to activate the contract during a visit by Florence Parly to Jakarta."

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,171
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
actually you kinda do....
not all the silent reader understand what you trying to say, specially without an evidence in your post

you trying to compare Indo-Russia to US-Israel?? what is this means?
Indo-US is better than Indo-Russia?
did you forget when we ask for F15 and they dont allow us for that "keseimbangan kawasan"???
and the F35 blocked cause we don't able to maintain 5th Gen (which is true)
while when both options fail, weeks / months before that the Australia begin to buy / start a contract for F35

what is it? US-Australia > US-Indo? yes, what is the alternative or offering that they give?
An Upgraded F16 Gurun Pasir

and you call Indo will be no more than $$ milk cow to Russia???
well guest what, either with Russia or US, they still gonna treat Indonesia as a $$ milk cow
Choosing US / Russia is like choosing of 1 of 2 devils that less evil for short

it's not about "i don't want TNI to chose" or "dislike" that F15 / F35 and Rafale, those things are a very good stuff
it's the "United States" things is the one that keep giving Indonesia more trouble

Sigh .... Dude , the only reason those eagles hasn't landed yet was purely because we never show them the money as yet ... !!
Keseimbangan kawasan my ass ...
While in the F 35 case , obviously were a bridge too far today for us/RI who always notoriusly known as " Independent player " or rogue/rascall in their eyes . And that is the price of our independence spirit and bebas-aktif policy ...
In the US closeness hierachy .... Israel was numero uno . After that the rest of NATO's and boy ... If it wasn't for china containment hypes even they doesn't trust us with the eagles ( Iran's case were a perfect example on this aproaches ) ...
There are a differences between US $$ milk's cow and the russian's one ...
When we were buying US/western equipment . They always come in maintenance package and know how in the lump sum of the price tag . While we were have to pay more to the russkies for the same package later on . They doing it in installment hence i said we were get milked over and over again ..

And boy ... You better be gratefull with all of those " Elang gurun " ...
Nyadar diri sedikit ...we are nothing but a " kere country " ...

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,484
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We will see if the contract included spares, and most importantly weapons. French made weapons are waaaayyyyyy more expensive than their US counterparts with the AASM costs 18x the cost of JDAMs.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That France media is just getting the information from our media when Prabowo talk about activation. It is not something new that Minister of Defense supports Rafale contract since he is the one who sign the contract. The activation needs Finance Ministry approval, this is the area where we have known since last year that become the main hurdle.

If indeed Finance Minister later approve Rafale program, I believe it is just for 1.1 billion USD contract supported by foreign loan, not 4 or even 6 billion USD as stated in the initial contract.

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
When we were buying US/western equipment . They always come in maintenance package and know how in the lump sum of the price tag . While we were have to pay more to the russkies for the same package later on . They doing it in installment hence i said we were get milked over and over again ..
here we go again, remind me when this forum debating about single engine (F16V) vs double engine (SU35), AESA vs PESA, performance,
Russian methodology is by replacing the whole unit but Western is to repair the unit and so on

those things already being discussed before the US actually threatening with CAATSA, and I'm sure TNI already think about it
Sigh .... Dude , the only reason those eagles hasn't landed yet was purely because we never show them the money as yet ... !!

Nyadar diri sedikit ...we are nothing but a " kere country " ...
have an interest, yet kere...
after years of seeing things in the forum and ext, don't you think that's normal???

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,171
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
here we go again, remind me when this forum debating about single engine (F16V) vs double engine (SU35), AESA vs PESA, performance,
Russian methodology is by replacing the whole unit but Western is to repair the unit and so on

those things already being discussed before the US actually threatening with CAATSA, and I'm sure TNI already think about it

have an interest, yet kere...
after years of seeing things in the forum and ext, don't you think that's normal??
Sigh ... What are the point you are trying to make here ?? Should we go back and buy those SU 35 regardless the consequence or what ?? by the tone of your answer i get the impression that you store some genious idea for the rest of us pleb's enlightment here ....
Go on roll your dice please ...

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sigh ... What are the point you are trying to make here ?? Should we go back and buy those SU 35 regardless the consequence or what ?? by the tone of your answer i get the impression that you store some genious idea for the rest of us pleb's enlightment here ....
you guys so confident about this Rafale, while many people know that everything that related to US (some Rafale's parts and or critical parts are US made) is risky.
you also said that
There are a differences between US $$ milk's cow and the russian's one ...
When we were buying US/western equipment . They always come in maintenance package and know how in the lump sum of the price tag .
why don't you dig down to your or someone's archive and let us know that it's real

what is the package in this Rafale business??
how many weapon in this deal??
if it's to confidential, at least what kind of weapon that TNI gonna have?
any infrastructure, training to do all those maintenance?? knowing that this is a brand new toy from a new salesman
what makes this deal is a real solution to that "SU35 cancelled by CAATSA"
and since you also act like a genius, please don't say "i'm not TNI, i don't decide things"

any of those info would be a good thing, cause if things not gonna be better like when we buy things from US or Russia then
what a waste
cause all i see about it till now is "We are going to buy Rafale"

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Who care what he is going to say, we're not going that way anyway. Why bother?

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,171
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
you guys so confident about this Rafale, while many people know that everything that related to US (some Rafale's parts and or critical parts are US made) is risky.
you also said that

why don't you dig down to your or someone's archive and let us know that it's real

what is the package in this Rafale business??
how many weapon in this deal??
if it's to confidential, at least what kind of weapon that TNI gonna have?
any infrastructure, training to do all those maintenance?? knowing that this is a brand new toy from a new salesman
what makes this deal is a real solution to that "SU35 cancelled by CAATSA"
and since you also act like a genius, please don't say "i'm not TNI, i don't decide things"

any of those info would be a good thing, cause if things not gonna be better like when we buy things from US or Russia then
what a waste
cause all i see about it till now is "We are going to buy Rafale"
Yo , genious .... When did i ever mentioned that i support rafale's acquisition ?? Show me the proof of it ....
Sure , it was a fine specimen yet their price's tag is giving a shivers down to my spine ...
Common sense are dictating us to streamline our inventory for a maintenance ease yet it's also give us the conundrum off to never put all our eggs in a basket . Sure , in an ideal world that yesteryear SU 35 was a perfect solution for our bebas-aktif's creed . yet with our future adversary were allready holding out those SU 35 too ... All of those positive point are became moot by now . Compound that ever increasing maintenance burden that always adding ... Only an idiots who still sticking with it . If air cargoing for a maintenance was a normall occurance and activities to you ... Then obviously you and me lives in a different dimension then .
Off course before the AUKUS happened rafale were look and sound redundant to us and yet , today it gives us another chance and opportunity albeit too god damn pricey and i'm still concerned over it .
So , care to share us your wisdom regarding this SU 35's acquisition ( supposedly should happened in your calendar and time line )

🥸🥸
Who care what he is going to say, we're not going that way anyway. Why bother?

He still hasn't grant us with his wisdoms yet ...

☕☕

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
From this pic the KF-21 Boramae Prototype Unit 3 is clearly a single seater.

Polish_20220129_072641334.jpg

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yo , genious .... When did i ever mentioned that i support rafale's acquisition ?? Show me the proof of it ....
when in the hell that i said such a things?
you said it your self that this Rafale is better due to TNI and Indonesia'n condition at this time, even though you are not saying it exactly like that...

go back to my recent post and try to understand what exactly that im trying to say

im asking what makes this Rafale deal is better than SU35 and also some details of it
is it actually a better one???

Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
3 1,171
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
when in the hell that i said such a things?
you said it your self that this Rafale is better due to TNI and Indonesia'n condition at this time, even though you are not saying it exactly like that...

go back to my recent post and try to understand what exactly that im trying to say

im asking what makes this Rafale deal is better than SU35 and also some details of it
is it actually a better one???
Round and round we go .....without the wisdom were ever mentioned or granted .

What a waste of my time ....

🚴🚴🚴💨💨💨

chiphocks

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Round and round we go .....without the wisdom were ever mentioned or granted .

What a waste of my time ....

🚴🚴🚴💨💨💨
yup, me to..
i thought you have the answer, let's just wait till someone posted something good about it...
cause i believe sending those plane to the F5 air force base is just a temporary solution till TNI have a new planes...

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

During the late 1930s the Dutch grew increasingly concerned about the security of the Dutch East Indies, a Dutch colony consisting of what is now Indonesia. Rather than building up a large naval force that would take at least a decade to design and construct, the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army Air Force instead came up with the aerial cruiser concept. [11] This concept called for the acquisition of large numbers of bomber aircraft and the construction of forward airstrips in every corner of the archipelago. In case of a Japanese invasion fleet nearing one of the Indonesian islands, large numbers of bombers could then be deployed to airstrips closer to the location of anger.

The aerial cruiser concept could perhaps be brought back to life to meet Indonesia's modern defence requirements through the acquistion of the Bayraktar Akıncı, which's 7,500km range and 24+-hour endurance is more than sufficient to cover each corner of the Indonesian archipelago while based at a centrally located air base.

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia

During the late 1930s the Dutch grew increasingly concerned about the security of the Dutch East Indies, a Dutch colony consisting of what is now Indonesia. Rather than building up a large naval force that would take at least a decade to design and construct, the Royal Netherlands East Indies Army Air Force instead came up with the aerial cruiser concept. [11] This concept called for the acquisition of large numbers of bomber aircraft and the construction of forward airstrips in every corner of the archipelago. In case of a Japanese invasion fleet nearing one of the Indonesian islands, large numbers of bombers could then be deployed to airstrips closer to the location of anger.

The aerial cruiser concept could perhaps be brought back to life to meet Indonesia's modern defence requirements through the acquistion of the Bayraktar Akıncı, which's 7,500km range and 24+-hour endurance is more than sufficient to cover each corner of the Indonesian archipelago while based at a centrally located air base.
Hmmm I wonder...

Akinci looks big enough, can it carry small torpedo or light anti-ship missile? Maybe guided bomb but I don't think they can track moving target. Also IIRC, China has shown a prototype of torpedo-carrying UAV.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom